Man down! Man down!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    xxl
    xxl is offline
    Moderator
    Reputation: xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    39,251

    Man down! Man down!

    Kobe Bryant for the Lakers, that is, in the closing seconds of Friday night's game. Possible Achilles tear, which could be a season-ender--for 2013-14. Word is, with Kobe's $30 million salary pulling on their cap, Laker brass are deciding between rehab, and just taking him out back of the barn and shooting him. As a Laker fan, I hope for the former--good luck, Kobe.

    Perhaps it was bad karma collateral damage to Laker fans, for the Kings fans' behavior the night before:

    Y! SPORTS

  2. #2
    Anphaque II
    Reputation: cda 455's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,176
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    Kobe Bryant for the Lakers, that is, in the closing seconds of Friday night's game. Possible Achilles tear, which could be a season-ender--for 2013-14. Word is, with Kobe's $30 million salary pulling on their cap, Laker brass are deciding between rehab, and just taking him out back of the barn and shooting him. As a Laker fan, I hope for the former--good luck, Kobe.

    Perhaps it was bad karma collateral damage to Laker fans, for the Kings fans' behavior the night before:

    Y! SPORTS
    As a Celtics fan: Ha ha!


    As a fellow citizen: Owie ! Slow recovery though. Speedy recovery for you, Kobe.

    I just finished watching the entire Olympics basketball schedule of the U.S. team. Each game in its' entirety. Man, Kobe is sure not the Kobe of yesteryear. He had some good runs but all in all, he was a smaller factor in the series.
    America's greatest threat: Congressional liberal Democrats

    Crimes Against Humanity: The History of The Democrat Party

  3. #3
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Ventruck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,263
    He was doing a ridiculous run to save what should've been a much better season. Sure enough his stats are seemingly inflated with the minutes, but he's been winning games.

    I'm just looking to the bright side as a Lakers fan. He'll be at games, hopefully talking over D'Antoni's voice. We finally get Goudelock back, and I don't know why the hell he was cut in the first place instead of Morris. Nash should be back and technically him+Pau (who's been a bit more of his normal good self)+Dwight is still a pretty good team.

    The amnesty suggestion has a bit behind it, especially if he cooperates and comes back for less money so the franchise could at least pick up a better wingman, but overall I just wouldn't do it.

  4. #4
    Anphaque II
    Reputation: cda 455's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,176
    Dumb question: Are the Lakers going to even make the playoffs ?
    America's greatest threat: Congressional liberal Democrats

    Crimes Against Humanity: The History of The Democrat Party

  5. #5
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,585
    Quote Originally Posted by cda 455 View Post
    Dumb question: Are the Lakers going to even make the playoffs ?
    Hard to say but they're a game up on Utah with not many to play. They have a better shot at beating SA in a 5 game than they do against OKC, but I can't seem them making a deep run.

    It's been a bad week for LA Sports fans, between Kobe and Grienke.

  6. #6
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Ventruck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,263
    My thoughts are SA is regressing for the season. They likely won't play Parker/Manu/Duncan, but that's still a good team.
    I'm not expecting the Lakers to beat Houston easily, as I think the race for 6th is still active. Taking the Clippers or Nuggets (looks like Faried is injured too) is way better than OKC or San Antonio.

    As for the Jazz end of things. I'm expecting their b2b with Minny to split (so lose tomorrow). The intensity of Memphis game will be influenced by how well LAC is doing until then. Memphis is still fighting for home court advantage.

  7. #7
    Anphaque II
    Reputation: cda 455's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,176
    Quote Originally Posted by charlox5 View Post
    Hard to say but they're a game up on Utah with not many to play. They have a better shot at beating SA in a 5 game than they do against OKC, but I can't seem them making a deep run.

    It's been a bad week for LA Sports fans, between Kobe and Grienke.
    Lakers have two games left.


    Spurs play them tonight in L.A.
    America's greatest threat: Congressional liberal Democrats

    Crimes Against Humanity: The History of The Democrat Party

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.