Meet Bear

Thread: Meet Bear

RoadBikeReview Member

Meet Bear

So a year ago, my daughter came home from Brother Wolf; she went to just "walk some of the dogs". Well, a few days later, Bear was adopted. He is really a sweet dog.....has issues as do many rescued dogs. He has gray on his muzzle and toes. No idea how old he is but guessing around 10ish??He is super skidish....scares himself when his waggin' tail hits somethin....he runs away!! LOL. My bet is that he was raised by deer and never owned. We lost Lucky a few months ago and Bear has been very understanding in new roles. Anyway, he is a sweet addition to the family and we adore him. Dogs are cool. TGIF!!thumbnail_IMG_20190719_152927.jpg
    Last edited by proclaimer888; 07-19-2019 at 12:45 PM.
    So I tuned the Larrivee, drop D, then DADGAD.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by proclaimer888 View Post
    So a year ago, my daughter came home from Brother Wolf; she went to just "walk some of the dogs". Well, a few days later, Bear was adopted. He is really a sweet dog.....has issues as do many rescued dogs. He has gray on his muzzle and toes. No idea how old he is but guessing around 10ish??He is super skidish....scares himself when his waggin' tail hits somethin....he runs away!! LOL. My bet is that he was raised by deer and never owned. We lost Lucky a few months ago and Bear has been very understanding in new rolls. Anyway, he is a sweet addition to the family and we adore him. Dogs are cool. TGIF!!thumbnail_IMG_20190719_152927.jpg
    Good for you for adopting an older dog.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
    Good for you for adopting an older dog.
    Yep, sweet dog.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Hi Bear!

Kage is only 5 with grey muzzle. Muzzle for dogs?

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Mazeltov!

Boobies!
    Looks like a sweetie. The last rescue I was close to kept improving the more love was shown. She stayed back, but if she felt safe, she was the sweetest dog ever...
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
    -Hanlon's Razor

Sweet Potato Kugel
    We had a chihuahua handed to us backing out of a friend's driveway. Ulcers on his stomach and obese. The dog was kept in a travel cage for 8 years in a closet becaue the RN rented in rooming houses that did not allow pets. She hid the dog in a closet in case a landlord ventured nearby. The dog never, ever, barked under any condition or circumstance. As we were backing up out this driveway, we were handed him through the passenger side window.

Long story short, it took him several months to become accustomed to roaming outisde or allowed to hang out openly in the comfort no one was going to evict his owner or him. Soon he loved the sun, the warmth, the stairs to climb and bathing in heat openly. Lost more than half his weight, skin ulcers discipated and became the centre of the entire household. Our friend, upon seeing him after a year could not believe he was the same animal.

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    Ben Franklin -Tis curious and amazing to observe how distinct and independent of each other the rattles of this animal are, and yet how firmly they are united together

RoadBikeReview Member
    Great story and thanks for sharing!! Bear is our 3rd and not our last rescue dog. Technically he is my daughters dog but we all know how that works....your pup looks way to cool...tip of the hat for taking this pup in!! Dogs are cool.
    So I tuned the Larrivee, drop D, then DADGAD.

Frog Whisperer
    Congratulations on the new/used pup! I just got back from walking my youngest daughter's recent rescue, young but willing to learn. Having been without my own dog for a couple years now, I am enjoying the 4 legged company.
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

Master debator.
    Congrats for adopting an older dog! We took a break from adopting dogs and bought an English lab. He is fine and everything, but I feel guilty about not adopting again. Then I watched a show on an airplane about a rescue, and I told myself I would always adopt again. I hope you and the family both get many years of happiness out of your new family member.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/couple-...ds-of-rescues/
    "I felt bad because I couldn't wheelie; until I met a man with no bicycle"

Sweet Potato Kugel
    Quote Originally Posted by proclaimer888 View Post
    ... Dogs are cool.
    You'll have an amazing chapter in dog life with Bear. Best of luck to you.

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    Ben Franklin -Tis curious and amazing to observe how distinct and independent of each other the rattles of this animal are, and yet how firmly they are united together

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2011
    He is a handsome fella. Enjoy the new addition to the family.