mpg update

Thread: mpg update

Frog Whisperer

mpg update

ok the Rio now has over 5000 miles on it, much in part thanks to a 1200 mile sprint to Ohio and back last weekend. Had I done all the driving the mileage might have been a bit better but for the 1200 miles we averaged 41 mpg with 3 adults, luggage and cruising at 70-75 mph most of the way. I KNOW those speeds eat up gas but the 55 eats up too much time.

BTW I opted to take the bike apart and toss it in the trunk rather than use the Bones. I just can't seem to get it on solidly without the feet resting on a painted surface. I have had problems with it tearing up a paint job on a sub-compact sedan.

I was pleased with the mileage...not thrilled but holding it to 55 or 60 would have been a HUGE difference.
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

Cowboy up
    Thanks for the update. I rented a Rio in an automatic version and got 33 mpg with it for a less than 200 mile trip.

disgruntled pigskin fan
    How was the trip to Ohio? Did you get any NNCing done?

I really miss Ohio, but I miss riding even more.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeBiker
    How was the trip to Ohio? Did you get any NNCing done?

I really miss Ohio, but I miss riding even more.

I took my Langster with me and rode every morning before anyone else in the house got up, not far but at least the legs went round and round..
    So how are you doing?.....hand feeling better yet?

Any update on the new bike prospects?

disgruntled pigskin fan
    I'm doing well, about as well as you can do when you don't have a bike to ride and are reduced to running in the Florida heat (I've run a couple half-marathons since the accident), but I digress...

My hand feels fine now and my road rash is healing nicely, it just itches like crazy.

As far as bikes go, I'm really leaning towards getting an older Look 585 and building it up the way I want. Unfortunately, finding an XL size in the color I want is going to be a challenge because it's an uncommon size.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle

Frog Whisperer
    so you going to be back in Columbus in about 3 weeks right?.....you might want to keep your eyes on the Columbus Craig's list for a frame....So is the "door man" paying for it?

disgruntled pigskin fan
    Yep, three weeks from this Friday. Can't wait.

The door man's insurance company, which also happens to be my insurance company, is paying for my bike, clothes and helmet. Everything is settled. I have a nice fat check now but no bike, and my patience is waining. I'm trying to wait around a bit to find a nice deal, but part of me just wants to buy a new bike now and get back on the road. I'm getting sick of running all the time.

Frog Whisperer
    promise me you ain't gonna waste that money on something stupid like tuition...LOL

disgruntled pigskin fan
    That's what my parents want me to waste it on. So long as I break even after this whole ordeal I'll be happy.

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeBiker
    That's what my parents want me to waste it on. So long as I break even after this whole ordeal I'll be happy.
    parents?...and you listen to your parents?.........wow.....wow.......hey didn't you take your dad out for a ride and break him once?........remind him....

Ricardo Cabeza
    not bad. they make that in a wagon?
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

Frog Whisperer
    actually they do...at least a hatchback, which is what I wanted in the first place but my wife won....keep in mind I got it with no A/C or powers steering...5 spd

http://www.kia.com/rio5/index.php