Music you might not tell others you listen to
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Lemur-ing

Music you might not tell others you listen to

So, come on. We all have bands/artistes that we like and know that others will scoff at faster than teh Hoff can hit it with a woman. Heck, others might even wince and make so much fun of us for it.

What are they?

I'm not embarrassed to say that I like Maroon 5. Hell, I even like some songs from Westlife and the Backstreet Boys. If Justin Timberlake fits here, then yup, I like his songs too. Some of em.

Of course, I also listen to Dishwalla, Keane, Lifehouse, John Mayer, Queen and many others.

I've got so many songs on my iTunes that I have great songs as well as the 'so called' crappy ones too.

Also, what are the bands/artistes that you have never listened to that would probably shock people?

Never heard Led Zeppelin, Elvis (not Presley) and yeah, that's what I can think of for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by tconrady
    If I can get some more tomorrow.... I thought it'd grow on me but I'm not feelin' it....wait..
    Allez United!

Glory, Glory Man United, and the Reds go marching on!

donuts?
    St. Etienne - bubble gum british pop group from the early 90's. not exactly the dark techno stuff i typical go for.
    -Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by Chain
    Next time, save your energy for tomorrows ride and try not to come in 6th.

Scary Teddy Bear

Huh??/

Quote Originally Posted by uzziefly
    So, come on. We all have bands/artistes that we like and know that others will scoff at faster than teh Hoff can hit it with a woman. Heck, others might even wince and make so much fun of us for it.

What are they?

I'm not embarrassed to say that I like Maroon 5. Hell, I even like some songs from Westlife and the Backstreet Boys. If Justin Timberlake fits here, then yup, I like his songs too. Some of em.

Of course, I also listen to Dishwalla, Keane, Lifehouse, John Mayer, Queen and many others.

I've got so many songs on my iTunes that I have great songs as well as the 'so called' crappy ones too.

Also, what are the bands/artistes that you have never listened to that would probably shock people?

Never heard Led Zeppelin, Elvis (not Presley) and yeah, that's what I can think of for now.
    You've never heard Led Zeppelin.....????? I didn't think that was possible.
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." John Stuart Mill, 1866

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
    http://physasst.blogspot.com/

BrooklynVelo
    I'll play.

Everclear. that is all
    Damn the Man, Save the Empire
    Brooklyn Velo Force

You're Not the Boss of Me
    I'm not sure mine can be topped on the embarrassment factor, but I'm actually a big John Denver fan.

Still.
    JESUS IS COMING

... look busy

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by JayTee
    I'm not sure mine can be topped on the embarrassment factor, but I'm actually a big John Denver fan.

Still.
    Absolutely nothing wrong with John Denver. I'm proud to say I'm a fan.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
    I used to be a big fan of Level 42. Now I still like to listen every once in a while.

I reckon that's pretty embarrassing.
    "jazz gives you large testicles"--aliensporebomb

Lemur-ing
    Quote Originally Posted by physasst
    You've never heard Led Zeppelin.....????? I didn't think that was possible.
    Maybe I have. But I don't know it's by them. For real.

What are their most popular songs? There is a chance I might know the songs, albeit I think remote, but yeah, I might just not know it's by them.

Definitely not a single song by them on my iTunes though. So there you go.
    If I can get some more tomorrow.... I thought it'd grow on me but I'm not feelin' it....wait..
    Allez United!

Lemur-ing
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeboy389
    I used to be a big fan of Level 42. Now I still like to listen every once in a while.

I reckon that's pretty embarrassing.
    Might I add, I still like Westlife. Not too much now as I think their older songs are better.

Oh, and I have M2M songs on my iTunes too. (Pls don't go to youtube and search for em. That, I'm pretty embarrassed.)

John Denver was a good singer. Loved Country Road and Leaving on a Jetplane. My 2 favorite songs from him.
    Allez United!

rkb
    fifth time's a charm
    I always thought the Spice Girls were visionaries.

Seat's not level
    In our house we go waaaaaay old school. Louis Armstrong, Sinatra and more along those lines. So far my daughter hasn't figured out most kids haven't heard most of those songs. She can sing every word of "Hit the road Jack" and "It's a beautiful world" along with many others.

edit. We do have one Cher cd in the juke box, but neither my wife or I claim on putting it there.
    • This forum requires that you wait 2 days between posts. Please try again in 17 hours.

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by Chain
    In our house we go waaaaaay old school. Louis Armstrong, Sinatra and more along those lines. So far my daughter hasn't figured out most kids haven't heard most of those songs. She can sing every word of "Hit the road Jack" and "It's a beautiful world" along with many others.
    Jesus...you sound like my old man. I grew up thinking everyone listened to stuff like Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue, classical music, Barbara Streisand and Broadway musical soundtracks.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

Yo no fui.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II
    Absolutely nothing wrong with John Denver. I'm proud to say I'm a fan.
    I went to Rocky Mountain High.
    "It is better to conquer yourself, than to win a thousand battles." -Dhammapada

"Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

"A true cyclist sometimes has to bite the dust before he can reach the stars. Laurent Fignon

Poseur
    Wasn't "Leaving on a Jetplane", the Mommas and Poppas?
    "Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, it makes you lean........against bars, tables, chairs, and poles"

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by TUT2222
    Wasn't Leaving on a Jetplane the Mommas and Poppas?
    Nope...denver...though they may have covered it.

"Leaving on a Jet Plane" is a song written by John Denver in 1967 during a layover at an airport in Washington and recorded by the Mitchell Trio that year. The original title of the song was "Oh Babe I Hate To Go" but Denver's then producer, Milt Okun, convinced him to change the title. Denver wrote the song after his flight was delayed. He would later call the hours waiting for the next flight the most profitable of his life.[citation needed] Others covered the song in 1967, including Spanky & Our Gang and Peter, Paul and Mary on Album 1700. It did not become a hit until Peter, Paul and Mary released it as a single in 1969. It turned out to be their biggest (and final) hit, becoming their only #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in the United States.

Dec 2007
    I like just about everything. Except norteno - the mariachi band sh!t all my cousins and everybody else on our block listened to. (Gringos call it salsa music, but salsa is more the Cuban stuff, and I actually like that.) Fortunately, my dad never listened to that crap. Unfortunately, he was a big KISS fan. Even did the Gene Simmons tongue-sticking-out thing. Oh, well, someday I'll be able to embarrass my kids, too.

Might not tell others about? I have 9 Neil Diamond songs on my iPod. Mom was a big fan, and I kinda got to like it. Should I be embarrassed about that?

I like Chicken
    Morrissey
    Quote Originally Posted by gutfiddle
    Most of the gals we know schedule C sections whether they need them or not nowadays to keep their cooter from gettin torn up but I say you can't hurt them things, they're made of hognose material.

Seat's not level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II
    Jesus...you sound like my old man. I grew up thinking everyone listened to stuff like Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue, classical music, Barbara Streisand and Broadway musical soundtracks.
    Hey, it's not the only music in the system, it's just the "what you don't tell folks you listen to" list. At least we have avoided the mind numbing Barney crap that a lot get stuck with listening to with their kids. We have some, but it's only played in short-chains room.

BTW, yes we do have Streisand and Broadway musical soundtracks They came along with the cats when we got married. It was a package deal.
    • This forum requires that you wait 2 days between posts. Please try again in 17 hours.

Lemur-ing
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtgurl
    I like just about everything. Except norteno - the mariachi band sh!t all my cousins and everybody else on our block listened to. (Gringos call it salsa music, but salsa is more the Cuban stuff, and I actually like that.) Fortunately, my dad never listened to that crap. Unfortunately, he was a big KISS fan. Even did the Gene Simmons tongue-sticking-out thing. Oh, well, someday I'll be able to embarrass my kids, too.

Might not tell others about? I have 9 Neil Diamond songs on my iPod. Mom was a big fan, and I kinda got to like it. Should I be embarrassed about that?
    Sweeeeet Carolineee....

Touching hands... Reaching out.... Touchin me, touching you

Sweeet Caroline, good times never seemed so good

I've been inclined....

Spice Girls : 2 become 1 and spice up your life. I like those.

Damn it, I seem to have weird stuff, AND that of others as well!

At least I have the Beatles and Sinatra too right?
    Allez United!

Scary Teddy Bear

I dunno

can't think of any music I listen to that I am embarassed by. I love the heavy metal scene, but also listen to Tchaikovsky, and occasionally other classical greats. I love the Steve Miller Band, I like John Denver, I like the Bangles. I like Katrina and the Waves......actually only one song, but I love that song. I like the blues, mostly texas, and chicago style, but some memphis and delta style as well. Don't really like Jazz. I do listen to country, and like most of the more modern country, can't stand the old twangy C&W.
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." John Stuart Mill, 1866

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
    http://physasst.blogspot.com/

RoadBikeReview Member
    I sometimes get a bit of grief for listening to Yes and Rush.

Lemur-ing
    Quote Originally Posted by physasst
    can't think of any music I listen to that I am embarassed by. I love the heavy metal scene, but also listen to Tchaikovsky, and occasionally other classical greats. I love the Steve Miller Band, I like John Denver, I like the Bangles. I like Katrina and the Waves......actually only one song, but I love that song. I like the blues, mostly texas, and chicago style, but some memphis and delta style as well. Don't really like Jazz. I do listen to country, and like most of the more modern country, can't stand the old twangy C&W.
    Not bad. I checked Led Zeppelin out. I like what I heard so far on iTunes samples.

C'mon man, I'm sure you have one of those girlband albums hidden somewhere!
    Allez United!

Back from the dead
    I can't understand how anyone could be embarrassed about liking music. I have my likes and my dislikes, and I don't care what anyone thinks about them. Conformists suck.

I'm listening to Shelby Lynne's new album right now. She covers Dusty Springfield. Super mellow stuff, and most of it is really good.

Choke on this: I like musicals. I think "West Side Story" is some of greatest music ever written.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I recently purchased a Burt Bacharach 'best hits' CD.
    Keep it in the glovebox so my kids don't see it.
    All I said was that our son, the apple of our three eyes, Martha being a cyclops, our son is a beanbag, and you get testy!

Lemur-ing
    Quote Originally Posted by mohair_chair
    I can't understand how anyone could be embarrassed about liking music. I have my likes and my dislikes, and I don't care what anyone thinks about them. Conformists suck.

I'm listening to Shelby Lynne's new album right now. She covers Dusty Springfield. Super mellow stuff, and most of it is really good.

Choke on this: I like musicals. I think "West Side Story" is some of greatest music ever written.
    You da man! I shall sing along to a Spice Girl song without shame next.

Shelby Lynne? What kinda music is that? I'm looking at trying to sample different kinds of music now. Maybe even metal. (that's the only kind I never listen to ever. And techno, but I do listen to a few songs in this genre though)
    Allez United!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast