My one and a half year old hid my Wahoo Elemnt and now it's gone... like gone, gone.
    RoadBikeReview Member

My one and a half year old hid my Wahoo Elemnt and now it's gone... like gone, gone.

It was cute at first and it's tough being mad at her, but I want my GPS unit back. WTF baby!?

Been two days and I looked everywhere. I even showed her a picture of a Wahoo Element then follow her drunk walk across the house. Every time I do this, she returns to the couch. The unit was charging next to the couch on a side table where she swiped it from. I have tossed the living room and the couch (it's not open type so nothing can fall inside)

Going downstairs to check the trash tonight, though my wife insists she is too smart to have chucked it there. Wish me luck.

RIP one DeMarchi glove, you fit so well
    RIP Wahoo unit, you were infinitely better than the Garmin you replaced.
    "That pretty much sums it up. I'm 43 and my max is ~178-180. If that HR chart was mine or Froome's, we'd be on the verge of death. But for you it probably looks like a normal workout." -TLG

LOLOLOL

hfc
    Doesn't like subtitles
    This needs a poal with a vote option for toilet.

This is an opportunity to start a running tally of expenses to present to your child when she graduates college.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc View Post
    This needs a poal with a vote option for toilet.

This is an opportunity to start a running tally of expenses to present to your child when she graduates college.
    Hah! Thanks.

We are in a split level with baby gates separating the half-flight of stairs. There's a half bath on the ground floor but we keep that door closed. I pulled every book, checked every shelf, pantry in kitchen, I got my Cygolite light from garage to get a nice penetrating beam to shine with into every corner. It HAS to be on the first floor.

I will definitely update when I find it.
    "That pretty much sums it up. I'm 43 and my max is ~178-180. If that HR chart was mine or Froome's, we'd be on the verge of death. But for you it probably looks like a normal workout." -TLG

LOLOLOL

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    My wife lost her Garmin once. Searched for it for days. Couldn't find it so bought her a new one.
    Fast forward a couple years, she was selling her car so I was removing the satellite radio. And happened upon a Garmin unit in the wheel well of the spare tire. Couldn't figure out where that came from, did someone drop it there when the built the car? Then we remembered it was her long lost GPS. Not sure how it worked its way down there.

Moral of the story... look in your car.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

RoadBikeReview Member
    As the fellow parent of a 1 and a half year old I can commiserate. Anything within reach will be put somewhere obscure. Check inside anything that opens at toddler level like cabinets or drawers.

Neophyte
    In stroller or one of your wife's bags?

If your kitchen cupboards and drawers aren't all babyproof...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nealric View Post
    As the fellow parent of a 1 and a half year old I can commiserate. Anything within reach will be put somewhere obscure. Check inside anything that opens at toddler level like cabinets or drawers.
    we lost our streaming box remote for a few weeks and a family member couldn't watch network TV. Found it stuffed inside a doll house.

LOLOLOL

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdog9 View Post
    If your kitchen cupboards and drawers aren't all babyproof...
    Some are, some more boring parts are not. Though I am sure one day I will remember this exchange as I am cleaning a pile of flour off the floor. I plan on doing a thorough sweep of the lower level cupboards tonight.

LOLOLOL

xxl
    Quote Originally Posted by 9W9W View Post
    Some are, some more boring parts are not. Though I am sure one day I will remember this exchange as I am cleaning a pile of flour off the floor. I plan on doing a thorough sweep of the lower level cupboards tonight.
    If your home has easily-removed HVAC vents, you might check those.
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

"Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. Iím fód.Ē

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    If your home has easily-removed HVAC vents, you might check those.
    I was thinking the same thing. When my daughter was little she piled up so much stuff that we had to remove part of the duct work to get everything out. It's funny now, but at the time not so much.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2014
    She pawned it off for a tickle me elmo (is that still a thing...)

Frog Whisperer
    Funny that a gps can get lost!
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

Quiet, daddy's drinking
    I would check inside your shoes in the closet. Kids put stuff in the weirdest places.
    Just because you won't listen to reason does not mean I have to listen to idiocy.

No collusion with the delusion

ďNationalism always breaks its promises because nationalists hate enemies in their countries more than they hate the enemies of their countries" The Guardian.

Custom Title= ?
    Fer cryin out loud. Itís a GPS fer crissakes. It canít find its own way home?

Sooner or later, itíll get hungry and find its way back to the charger.
    Qh6+!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    well you can eliminate anything over 3 ft high. BUT are you 100% sure you didn't put it somewhere and forgot about? Buy a new unit and if you find the old original one you have a spare for the next time a kid breaks or loses it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I found the Wahoo Elemnt in the hamper, in my shorts pocket.

So the way this went was that I snatched the Wahoo from my kids hands off the sofa side table right as she was trying to make off with it. I was running around after her and then ditched the shorts to go for night ride.

LOLOLOL

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by 9W9W View Post
    I found the Wahoo Elemnt in the hamper, in my shorts pocket.

So the way this went was that I snatched the Wahoo from my kids hands off the sofa side table right as she was trying to make off with it. I was running around after her and then ditched the shorts to go for night ride.
    So this is a written apology to your daughter, right?

RoadBikeReview Member
    funny.

Between the ages of 1 and 2, my son loved playing with the guitars. He busted the classical guitar up enough that I gave up playing it, and decided I would get it repaired once he outgrew that stage. So, the guitar basically sat in a stand for a year.

When I decided it was worth it to repair (broken tuners mainly), I began messing with it.

Inside, I found the set of keys we had lost a year before. And, also, a hot dog.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    So this is a written apology to your daughter, right?
    or a KS was right affirmation?

Neophyte
    Having an infant or toddler in the house definitely leads to decreased adult brain function from time to time...

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdog9 View Post
    Having an infant or toddler in the house definitely leads to decreased adult brain function from time to time...
    I had 4.......all raised to adulthood, outstanding people! Good thing we kept them.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I had 4.......all raised to adulthood, outstanding people! Good thing we kept them.
    Officially, both! Thanks guys for staying with me through this crisis.

LOLOLOL

Boobies!
    You call that a crisis?????crisis.jpg
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
    -Hanlon's Razor

RoadBikeReview Member
    Good thing we kept them.
    I know. Plus, Craigslist is such a hassle.