This is my worst nightmare - Airplane engine explodes mid flight.
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2014

This is my worst nightmare - Airplane engine explodes mid flight.

As someone who has flowing around 500+ times in the last 5 years.. this is my worst bloody nightmare...

https://gizmodo.com/southwest-flight-makes-emergency-landing-after-engine-e-1825325722

Master debator.
    That's bad, but I sat in a bulkhead seat between two smelly 300 pound guys once. I felt like the string side of a stripper's thong.
    "I felt bad because I couldn't wheelie; until I met a man with no bicycle"

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by nOOky View Post
    That's bad, but I sat in a bulkhead seat between two smelly 300 pound guys once. I felt like the string side of a stripper's thong.
    Ah God ... that happened to me recently. They overflowed the arm rests on each side. I had to lean forward for the whole flight. And right after the plane took off, the guy on the aisle seat pulls out this half eaten salad, that's just swimming in creamy garlic dressing. It stunk to high heaven and had to be at least 1000 calories.

The last flight I took I was seated in the very last row on the aisle. So I spent most of the flight with passenger's @sses six inches from my face while they waited to get into the bathroom. What is it with people? I swear, over half the passengers on the plane had to go to the bathroom during a two hour flight from Miami to DC. Can't they just go before boarding the plane.

Darling of The Lounge
    I'm always the lucky S.O.B. that gets an aisle seat next to the center lavatory. I've stop counting all the times that I've gotten a face full of a$$ from a fellow passenger who is waiting to drop a load.

Ah, the glamour of air travel.

LWP
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2006
    That really needs a rep but the hamsters have decreed that I shalt not.
    Crusty old farts are people too.
    - 10ae1203

I make Eagles fly
    I donít like seats in the engines plain of rotation.

On a a different note, I lost one of my birds from a motor fragging in flight. Shot across and took out the second motor. 2 of 2 motors bad, you fall from the sky.
    If you don't follow the liberal flock, you are called a troll.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    So a person died from a heart attack triggered by the commotion and the one who almost got sucked out of the window survived?

RoadBikeReview Member
    A blown motor on a plane doesn't mean a crash. My worst nightmare would involve a death spiral while in the lavatory.

RoadBikeReview Member

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bvber View Post
    So a person died from a heart attack triggered by the commotion and the one who almost got sucked out of the window survived?
    Apparently the poor woman who almost got sucked out the window was the one who died.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/18/us/ph...dan/index.html

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ljvb View Post
    As someone who has flowing around 500+ times in the last 5 years.. this is my worst bloody nightmare... [
    Gross and TMI. But, you do know that they make products for that, right?

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
    Here's recording. It's amazing how calm and professional she sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkVT...ature=youtu.be

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dir-t View Post
    Gross and TMI. But, you do know that they make products for that, right?
    You're dead to me

Lol. Did not even notice that.. but I think I'll leave it as is for some light humor purposes

Proud luddite
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
    Apparently the poor woman who almost got sucked out the window was the one who died.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/18/us/ph...dan/index.html
    Seems like the gory details are not being released to the media, and rightfully so out of respect for the survivors of the deceased woman. I can't imagine what being partially sucked out of an airplane window at 30,000 feet would do to the human body but I'm sure it was pretty horrific. What an awful, awful way to go.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by azpeterb View Post
    I can't imagine what being partially sucked out of an airplane window at 30,000 feet would do to the human body but I'm sure it was pretty horrific.
    You can ask this guy.

https://www.express.co.uk/travel/art...-1990-pictures

Seat's not level
    Quote Originally Posted by ljvb View Post
    As someone who has flowing around 500+ times in the last 5 years.. this is my worst bloody nightmare...

https://gizmodo.com/southwest-flight-makes-emergency-landing-after-engine-e-1825325722
    I think the worst nightmare would actually having the plane crash and all die. Seems like this was a pretty good outcome overall.
    • This forum requires that you wait 2 days between posts. Please try again in 17 hours.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Chain View Post
    I think the worst nightmare would actually having the plane crash and all die. Seems like this was a pretty good outcome overall.
    Now that she's gone, we'll never know what really caused the engine explosion.

The-Twilight-Zone.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    That's bad, but I sat in a bulkhead seat between two smelly 300 pound guys once.
    The worst thing is when you see someone like that at the gate and think, "I hope I don't have to sit next to him." Then, SURPRISE! Sat next to a behemoth on my last flight. The thing I remember most is the snoring.

I don't worry about airframe issues because they're exceedingly unlikely.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrac View Post
    The worst thing is when you see someone like that at the gate and think, "I hope I don't have to sit next to him." Then, SURPRISE! Sat next to a behemoth on my last flight. The thing I remember most is the snoring.
    That's nothing. One time in my return flight from business meeting, I sat next to a middle age thin foreign (notable accent) woman who didn't use deodorant. It was supposed to be 1.5 hr flight but felt more like 15 hrs.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chain View Post
    I think the worst nightmare would actually having the plane crash and all die.
    My thoughts too.
    Surviving the plane crash, but being trapped under debris and slowly burning to death sounds worse.
    Or Surviving the plane crash in the ocean then drowning to death in frigid water sounds worse.

Now that she's gone, we'll never know what really caused the engine explosion.
    Definitely Gremlins
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrac View Post

I don't worry about airframe issues because they're exceedingly unlikely.
    This past November I was on a 13 hour flight with a 7' tall Dutchman.. who while very nice had no concept of personal space and he had the middle seat.. Fortunately I had the window seat so I could lean against the wall.

The sad part was, I was offered my customary delta comfort+ upgrade, but it was a middle seat, so I turned it down (before the gentleman sat down). I really hate middle seats.. however in this case, I regretted it immediately when the guy showed up.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2014
    That's nothing. One time in my return flight from business meeting, I sat next to a middle age thin foreign (notable accent) woman who didn't use deodorant. It was supposed to be 1.5 hr flight but felt more like 15 hrs.
    It can be worse.. every Monday morning, 6 or 630 am flight (depending on the season), but the first flight out of BWI to Atlanta, the same lady for 6 months.. you could taste her perfume for the entire hour and a half to 2 hour flight.. every single passenger in first class hated her, and a few complained, but nothing ever changed. It was like she took a bath in cheap perfume before the flight.