NBC online coverage sucks.
    ab aeterno

NBC online coverage sucks.

NBC's online coverage of the olympics suck. The video quality is awesome but that's where everything ends. Sounds are muted and their is no commentary except in a blog format and the guys doing the commentary don't know too much about what they are talking about. It'd be great to get some commentary with the sports.

Lemur-ing
    Damn. That sounds bad man.

Any way to watch live streamings perhaps then?

I'm waiting for the swimming finals in a few hours time.
    Quote Originally Posted by tconrady
    If I can get some more tomorrow.... I thought it'd grow on me but I'm not feelin' it....wait..
    Allez United!

Glory, Glory Man United, and the Reds go marching on!

No team-cest unless 8+!
    Dude. I hate commentators. I would rather watch most sports with the sound off.

Besides the stats, they rarely have useful things to say.

ab aeterno
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzer2424

It helps to have someone explain what the heck is going on in sports i don't know about.

No team-cest unless 8+!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon
    It helps to have someone explain what the heck is going on in sports i don't know about.
    Haha. I agree. I was thinking about that after I posted my reply... But like... Football? Ugh.

ab aeterno
    Haha. I agree. I was thinking about that after I posted my reply... But like... Football? Ugh.
    Yeah totally pointless for football, basketball, soccer, but it's kind of helpful for field hockey or fencing just so I can follow along.

Devoid of all flim-flam
    I'm with Cruzer. I love the absence of commentary. Instead you hear the ambient sound, something that greatly adds to the atmospheric. And if those cyclingtv guys could just buy the video equipment NBC is using, I'd be a year long subscriber for sure.
    Mapie is a conventional looking former Hollywood bon viveur, now leading a quiet life in a house made of wood by an isolated beach. He has cultivated a taste for culture, and is a celebrated raconteur amongst his local associates, who are artists, actors, and other leftfield/eccentric types. I imagine he has a telescope, and an unusual sculpture outside his front door. He is also a beach comber. The Rydster.

No team-cest unless 8+!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon
    Yeah totally pointless for football, basketball, soccer, but it's kind of helpful for field hockey or fencing just so I can follow along.
    Ugh.

Gymnastics, vault, prelims-- "She's going to have to have a great landing if she wants a medal."

Srsly? Dang. I thought they could fall over on the landing if they had an awesome takeoff.

Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapei
    I'm with Cruzer. I love the absence of commentary. Instead you hear the ambient sound, something that greatly adds to the atmospheric. And if those cyclingtv guys could just buy the video equipment NBC is using, I'd be a year long subscriber for sure.
    I boycotted my boycott to watch a little of the road race (before they cut away from it, of course). I can't believe how good the broadcast looked in HD. I've never seen a bike race look so good. Ever.
    "He groaned when we hung the rope over the tree but was relieved to see the white pinata."
    -- Gut

Non Non Cyclist

Agreed. The only commentators I like are the hispanic soccer commentators when they yell GOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLL(gasp)
    goalgoalgoalgoalgoalgoalgoalGOOAAAAALLLLL!

They are awesome.
    Move along...nothing to see here.

Frog Whisperer
    the video is great BUT it is sooooooo limited as to what you can see.....They keep asking for my TV provider and I don't HAVE a tv provider...Seems that if you don;t pay you don't watch...except for a very few short clips

Anyone see the womens road racing yesterday? man the weather sucked......inches of water on the roads...........shudder..........
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

Lemur-ing
    Quote Originally Posted by lets_ride
    Agreed. The only commentators I like are the hispanic soccer commentators when they yell GOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLL(gasp)
    goalgoalgoalgoalgoalgoalgoalGOOAAAAALLLLL!

They are awesome.
    Sounds like a [email protected]
    Quote Originally Posted by tconrady
    If I can get some more tomorrow.... I thought it'd grow on me but I'm not feelin' it....wait..
    Allez United!

Glory, Glory Man United, and the Reds go marching on!