Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Netflix

Frog Whisperer
    I very highly recommend the "Kaminsky Method", a for Netflix exclusive, with Mike Douglas and Alan Arkin. Exceptional, truly exceptional.
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

RoadBikeReview Member
    ?? do I have to be blindfolded to watch Bird Box??

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Akirasho View Post
    ?? do I have to be blindfolded to watch Bird Box??
    Netflix advises against:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...46624451300618

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2017
    Sadly,

Disney/ABC/ESPN will be starting it's own streaming service soon. Any existing licenses they have granted to other services for their content will expire and not be renewed.

Netflix may survive as their "Netflix Originals" are doing well. Other streaming services are going to struggle to compete.

I suspect that the Disney conglomerate doing it's own streaming is also going to be there end of Cable TV as we know it. Once live sports (of which ESPN specializes in) are widely available in streaming, the cord cutting bandwagon is going to get really crowded.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finx View Post
    Sadly,

Disney/ABC/ESPN will be starting it's own streaming service soon. Any existing licenses they have granted to other services for their content will expire and not be renewed.

Ya, as a person reared from TV Golden Age, streaming is a true double edge sword.

We have diverse sources but those sources don't seem to provide the 60+ year "stabliity" of "broadcast". Services may come and go and the programming may change dramatically which from my POV is a real consumer FUBAR.

We went from "get it while you can" broadcast, to "gee, videotaping is great" to "get it while you can" streaming.

Alas, while markets will bow to the consumer, we consumers don't have enuff collective backbone to protest. Instead, we keep feeding the dragon with one hand while trying to rebuild our burnt down house with the other!

In the meantime, "Stream baby stream".

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    I enjoyed the remake of Watership Down. I may have to read the book now.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2017
    We went from "get it while you can" broadcast, to "gee, videotaping is great" to "get it while you can" streaming..
    To be fair, having an entire season of your favorite show drop on your favorite streaming service and be available there for a year or more, is an entirely different thing than "I have to be home by 8pm to catch the latest episode of The Jeffersons (or whatever) or I'll never get to watch it".

Disney has a placeholder site up to collect email addresses from their potential victims.

https://preview.disneyplus.com/

Interesting that I don't see ESPN listed there. I suspect their archaic live broadcast TV contracts will prevent their content from showing up there.. for now..

These are all huge properties though.. Disney/Pixar will be a must have for families with younger children. Marvel and Star Wars have their own fairly large fan base.. I suspect we'll see more stuff listed here before it goes live late this year...

Ricardo Cabeza
    now that I got it, what do I do with it?

The series called Dark is pretty good
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    I very highly recommend the "Kaminsky Method", a for Netflix exclusive, with Mike Douglas and Alan Arkin. Exceptional, truly exceptional.
    yes, two thumbs up for this one...

Alan Arkin channeling Larry David is superb.
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12