New The Office episodes
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008

New The Office episodes

Has it been kind of weak? Im a little disappointed. Is the whole Pam thing going to become a soap-opera, I really hope not. All comedies (except Seinfeld) start getting serious by season 4 or 5. The funniest gig so far is Jim using a stop watch to time Dwights non-work time.

For anyone who caught it, there was an awful awful new show before the Office called Kat and Kim (I think)...it was horrible right? Its hard to make Molly Shannon not funny, but they did.

Lemur-ing
    I don't know, I think Seinfeld and Friends survived all the way through their end.

Yes I'm a fan of Friends.

Don't really dig The Office though.
    Quote Originally Posted by tconrady
    If I can get some more tomorrow.... I thought it'd grow on me but I'm not feelin' it....wait..
    Allez United!

Glory, Glory Man United, and the Reds go marching on!

Palm trees & sunshine!
    They haven't been too bad. I think Holly is a good addition. It'll be interesting to see who they work her in more.

supervillain

your text here
    i think the biggest problem is when they end the show on a sappy note, like last night. they need a strong cold opening (like its always sunny in pkilly nails each week) and a strong end credits bit.

they are adding this long distance thing to create tension and give an season arc. boring.

but having pam outta the office opens it up for other characters get some air time. such as meredith and phyllis. but b.j novak wasnt there this week, and it would have been great to see him in the receptionist role when jan came back. i also dont recall seeing kelly, either. with a baby around and ryan as teh receptionist, having kelly dry hump darryl, who is a baby daddy, could have been comedy gold. gold, i tell ya!

i also read there will be a not-so-spin off for ed helms, who plays the andy character. so im guessing they are building up for his departure as well.
    I don't normally "do people." - Dr. Roebuck

Alien Musician
    There were some pretty hysterical moments though: dwight with his pants down and
    giving birth to the watermelon which fearless leader drops because he coated it with
    butter....
    my music is online at aliensporebomb dot com yes indeed.
    my twitter for those bored: http://www.twitter.com/aliensporebomb

Meow!
    I think the show started going downhill last season. Not that there weren't some good moments, but I just don't think the show was as tightly written as it once was. The hour-long format for many of the episodes is probably partly to blame.

I'm a big fan of the original British version. I think they were wise to end the show after two just seasons (and two specials).

I've long since moved onto 30 Rock as my favorite comedy. Alec Baldwin may be an asshat in real life, but he's golden on the show.
    You can't change people. They have to change themselves. Just like babies.

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by rollinrob
    Dwight trying to destroy the 1200 dollar stroller by doing a little bumber test made me laugh out loud.. I love that show. I agree the best part so far this year was when Jim timed Dwights work time... Its a great show, not many on TV like it anymore, at least for me
    Yeah...still enjoyable to me.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dwight trying to destroy the 1200 dollar stroller by doing a little bumber test made me laugh out loud.. I love that show. I agree the best part so far this year was when Jim timed Dwights work time... Its a great show, not many on TV like it anymore, at least for me
    Tomorrows battle is won during today's practice. - Samurai maxim

In the course of achieving anything, nothing is more important than persistence.

Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret!.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    Love Alec Baldwin, 30 rock might have passed Office for me too, dare I say (when the eff is it coming back, thanksgiving?). I agree about having Ryan there as the receptionist when Jan Levinson-Gould (what, no gould?) showed up would have been Gold Jerry, Gold. Somebody mentioned the spin-off thing to (I think) the Pam character in an interview and she said its definitely false.

Anti-Hero
    Mr. 138 likes The Office so much that he's got the older British version in his collection. I don't really like it because it's humor revolves around people being dumb. I teach college, so I deal with enough people being dumb that I don't care to watch more of the same on TV!
    No turkey unless it's a club sandwich
    Brickhouse Blog

Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
    Quote Originally Posted by weltyed
    but b.j novak wasnt there this week, and it would have been great to see him in the receptionist role when jan came back. i also dont recall seeing kelly, either. with a baby around and ryan as teh receptionist, having kelly dry hump darryl, who is a baby daddy, could have been comedy gold. gold, i tell ya!
    Great points! I hadn't even thought about that.

Novak was there in at least one shot, when jim was trying to listen to Pam's story he was in the background at his desk. But after that he was MIA.
    "He groaned when we hung the rope over the tree but was relieved to see the white pinata."
    -- Gut

confirmed masher
    this season and the end of the last one sucked. I maintain that the Third was by far the best season of all.

It's getting too serious, and Holly is too awkward, b ut not funny awkward like Tobey. I hope she gets cut.

only big laughs this week were Creed's omaha beach comment and the watermelon. the rest was filler.

Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
    Quote Originally Posted by OneGear
    this season and the end of the last one sucked. I maintain that the Third was by far the best season of all.

It's getting too serious, and Holly is too awkward, b ut not funny awkward like Tobey. I hope she gets cut.

only big laughs this week were Creed's omaha beach comment and the watermelon. the rest was filler.
    Omaha beach line was the bomb, for sure. And I agree that the show has declined. TBS shows them in syndicate so it's been cool to see some early ones.
    "He groaned when we hung the rope over the tree but was relieved to see the white pinata."
    -- Gut

What the Hell is going on
    I adore The Office (not so much the British version. Not a big fan of British humor). I missed last nights show. Arrrrrgh!

The best show last season when Jim and Pam had dinner with Michael and Jan.

I find Jim and Pam's romance endearing. Nor really overt but subtle, like Fox Mulder and Scully. As with most TV romance's I hope it doesn't go downhill like in "Moonlighting".
    You'd think we were here for something other than fun. - Ishmael

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    An interesting factoid: Has anyone noticed when the credits are running at the end of the show, which one of the characters is an Executive Producrer AND writer of the show? It would have been my dead last guess, but its BJ Novak! Dude looks like 25 y/o. Ryan the inetern is the only cast member who is a producer and writer of the show. Weird.

Everytime Jim talks to Pam now Im in fear of it becoming this over dramatized thing where she's going to question their relationship or meet some other dude at art school. I hope they keep it light and dont go soap opera.

confirmed masher
    mindy kaling also holds that distinction.

Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
    A lot of the cast members also have writing/producing roles.
    -- Gut

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    Not so, thats what I thought too, but if you check the website "Ryan" and "toby" are the only cast members listed as a producer OR a writer. Same as on the credits. Apparently he has written a good number of the more popular episodes. Also cool is the fact that Creed, Phyliis, Angela, and Oscar all use their real names.

ToF
    yup
    I'm just sick of all the ridiculous time travel. And whats the deal with Nikki being a triplet, and now Sylar's a good guy?? Oh wait- wrong show.