A New Thread

Printable View

• 08-06-2019
    SPlKE
    A New Thread
    Because the other threads are getting old.
  • 08-06-2019
    old_fuji
    I was mowing the lawn and the mower died.
  • 08-06-2019
    azpeterb
    It's hot here in Arizona and the summer rains have been a bust. I think the whole place is going to combust pretty soon. It won't be pretty.
  • 08-06-2019
    SPlKE
    Last night, I got a thin crust pizza from a local joint, which is usually great. It was gloppy and floppy.
  • 08-06-2019
    kiwisimon
    last.
  • 08-06-2019
    SPlKE
    That's exactly right, simon. Last.
  • 08-06-2019
    velodog
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post
    Last night, I got a thin crust pizza from a local joint, which is usually great. It was gloppy and floppy.

A thin crust pizza is my favorite, but to hear a story such as this, of the ruination of a delightful taste treat, is very sad, sad indeed.
  • 08-06-2019
    old_fuji
    Quote:

False. Thin crust pizza has 3 forms: Cardboard, charcoal, or gloppy & floppy.

On the other hand, thick crust like Pizza Hut used to make was biscuity.

There's usually a happy medium: Give me just a regular plain ol' pizza, for Pizz sake! Some call it hand tossed, some call it pan pizza (although that's technically a misnomer). But, a proper balance can be achieved! The artform known as pizza requires balance; a proper crust/topping balance, if you will. The reason that a Chicago-style pizza works is because it maintains that balance...a fat load of toppings on a fat load of crust. Wafer thin crust throws aside the proper topping:crust ratio.

I know, I know, I just haven't had the *right* thin crust pizza yet, and the only place to get the *right* thin crust pizza is somewhere in your hometown, and not mine.

I also know that my argument is invalid because I said that Chicago-style deep dish is proper pizza.

Well you, sir, can go stick a pepperoni right in the middle of your thin crust.

I bid you adieu.

(kidding, of course...you're a pretty cool guy, and I'm just being persnickety for the sake of carrying this thread on)
  • 08-06-2019
    Eretz
    Thin crust does not rinse over night in a bleach content over 34% cloride.
  • 08-06-2019
    Opus51569
    You can learn the forms of the verb “be” by singing them to the tune of Jingle Bells...

Be
    Being
    Been

Am
    Is
    Are

Was
    Were
    Has
    Have
    Had

Do
    Did
    Does

Can
    May
    Might

Must
    Shall
    Will
    Could
    Would... Should
  • 08-06-2019
    Eretz
    He/Him
  • 08-06-2019
    old_fuji
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Eretz View Post
    He/Him

Zyzzyva/zyzzyx
  • 08-06-2019
    Eretz
  • 08-07-2019
    Srode
    I'm staining my deck, might have some thin crust pizza on the deck after it's done and dried well. I think pizza dropping might stain the fresh stain though, so will have to be careful......
  • 08-07-2019
    kiwisimon
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Opus51569 View Post
    You can learn the forms of the verb “be” by singing them to the tune of Jingle Bells...

sources and citations? FFS, APA format or no, no no no no.

mic drop!
  • 08-07-2019
    Opus51569
    A New Thread
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwisimon View Post
    sources and citations? FFS, APA format or no, no no no no.

mic drop!

5th grade... substitute teacher... for a math class. She came in with a bowl of candy, introduced herself, and said she really didn’t know anything about math. Then she wrote the verb forms on the board and said. “I’m going to teach you this instead, and I promise once you learn it, you’ll remember it for the rest of your life.” We practiced it (to Jingle Bells) and then one by one we sang it for her and got a piece of candy as our reward. She was right so far... I haven’t forgotten it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • 08-07-2019
    ogre
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Srode View Post
    I'm staining my deck, might have some thin crust pizza on the deck after it's done and dried well. I think pizza dropping might stain the fresh stain though, so will have to be careful......

Just make sure you use the right kind of gloves
  • 08-07-2019
    Eretz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Opus51569 View Post
    5th grade... substitute teacher... for a math class. She came in with a bowl of candy, introduced herself, and said she really didn’t know anything about math. Then she wrote the verb forms on the board and said. “I’m going to teach you this instead, and I promise once you learn it, you’ll remember it for the rest of your life.” We practiced it (to Jingle Bells) and then one by one we sang it for her and got a piece of candy as our reward. She was right so far... I haven’t forgotten it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This entire post reminds me of Shchedryk.
    https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_relea...u-ot121304.php

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eretz View Post
    Written in 1916 by Ukrainian composer Mykola Leontovich and titled “Shchedryk,” the song tells the tale of a swallow flying into a household to proclaim the plentiful year that the family will have. The song's title is derived from the Ukrainian word “shchedryj,” which means “bountiful.”Dec 13, 2004

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/35P6ubACRuk" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

• 08-07-2019
    SPlKE
    Somebody said "Pizza Hut" in this thread.

I'm not naming names.

But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little PO'd off.

Pizza Hut?

Gah. Just gah.
  • 08-07-2019
    Eretz
    Quote:

Pizza Hut?

Gah. Just gah.

Could be worse.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WuM7QNAu4l0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • 08-07-2019
    bvber
    The worst pizza I've ever had was in my high school cafeteria. Second worst pizza I've ever had was in my college cafeteria.

The best? When I went to Italy.
  • 08-07-2019
    old_fuji
    Quote:

I'm not naming names.

Pizza Hut?

Gah. Just gah.

I chose my words carefully, so as to include a pizza joint that most/all of us have eaten.

Besides, have you eaten a P'zone?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bvber View Post
    The worst pizza I've ever had was in my high school cafeteria. Second worst pizza I've ever had was in my college cafeteria.

The company I currently work for is owned by Italians. They (well, 3 of the guys anyway) claim that this little joint has the best Italian-style pizza in the United States. It is thin crust, but maintains a lighter crust:topping ratio, so it's cool. And, they're one of the few pizza joints I've been to that actually specializes in and emphasizes anchovies on their pizza.
  • 08-07-2019
    bvber
    Quote:

Originally Posted by old_fuji View Post
    The company I currently work for is owned by Italians. They (well, 3 of the guys anyway) claim that this little joint has the best Italian-style pizza in the United States. It is thin crust, but maintains a lighter crust:topping ratio, so it's cool. And, they're one of the few pizza joints I've been to that actually specializes in and emphasizes anchovies on their pizza.

I looked at the pictures in that link. They seem little heavy on the toppings. Look tasty though. The pizze in Italia look like this.
  • 08-07-2019
    velodog
  • 08-08-2019
    old_fuji
    Quote:

I'm not naming names.

Pizza Hut?

Gah. Just gah.

Quote:

Quote:

I looked at the pictures in that link. They seem little heavy on the toppings. Look tasty though. The pizze in Italia look like this.

If my Roma tomatoes can shake the blossom-end rot, I hope to make a badass Margherita pizza with 'maters and basil out of my garden.