A New Thread

Printable View

  • 08-06-2019
    SPlKE
    A New Thread
    Because the other threads are getting old.
  • 08-06-2019
    old_fuji
    I was mowing the lawn and the mower died.
  • 08-06-2019
    azpeterb
    It's hot here in Arizona and the summer rains have been a bust. I think the whole place is going to combust pretty soon. It won't be pretty.
  • 08-06-2019
    SPlKE
    Last night, I got a thin crust pizza from a local joint, which is usually great. It was gloppy and floppy.
  • 08-06-2019
    kiwisimon
    last.
  • 08-06-2019
    SPlKE
    That's exactly right, simon. Last.
  • 08-06-2019
    velodog
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post
    Last night, I got a thin crust pizza from a local joint, which is usually great. It was gloppy and floppy.

    A thin crust pizza is my favorite, but to hear a story such as this, of the ruination of a delightful taste treat, is very sad, sad indeed.
  • 08-06-2019
    old_fuji
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post
    Last night, I got a thin crust pizza from a local joint, which is usually great. It was gloppy and floppy.

    False. Thin crust pizza has 3 forms: Cardboard, charcoal, or gloppy & floppy.

    On the other hand, thick crust like Pizza Hut used to make was biscuity.

    There's usually a happy medium: Give me just a regular plain ol' pizza, for Pizz sake! Some call it hand tossed, some call it pan pizza (although that's technically a misnomer). But, a proper balance can be achieved! The artform known as pizza requires balance; a proper crust/topping balance, if you will. The reason that a Chicago-style pizza works is because it maintains that balance...a fat load of toppings on a fat load of crust. Wafer thin crust throws aside the proper topping:crust ratio.

    I know, I know, I just haven't had the *right* thin crust pizza yet, and the only place to get the *right* thin crust pizza is somewhere in your hometown, and not mine.

    I also know that my argument is invalid because I said that Chicago-style deep dish is proper pizza.

    Well you, sir, can go stick a pepperoni right in the middle of your thin crust.

    I bid you adieu.

    (kidding, of course...you're a pretty cool guy, and I'm just being persnickety for the sake of carrying this thread on)
  • 08-06-2019
    Eretz
    Thin crust does not rinse over night in a bleach content over 34% cloride.
  • 08-06-2019
    Opus51569
    You can learn the forms of the verb “be” by singing them to the tune of Jingle Bells...

    Be
    Being
    Been

    Am
    Is
    Are

    Was
    Were
    Has
    Have
    Had

    Do
    Did
    Does

    Can
    May
    Might

    Must
    Shall
    Will
    Could
    Would... Should
  • 08-06-2019
    Eretz
    He/Him
  • 08-06-2019
    old_fuji
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Eretz View Post
    He/Him

    Zyzzyva/zyzzyx
  • 08-06-2019
    Eretz
  • 08-07-2019
    Srode
    I'm staining my deck, might have some thin crust pizza on the deck after it's done and dried well. I think pizza dropping might stain the fresh stain though, so will have to be careful......
  • 08-07-2019
    kiwisimon
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Opus51569 View Post
    You can learn the forms of the verb “be” by singing them to the tune of Jingle Bells...

    sources and citations? FFS, APA format or no, no no no no.

    mic drop!
  • 08-07-2019
    Opus51569
    A New Thread
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by kiwisimon View Post
    sources and citations? FFS, APA format or no, no no no no.

    mic drop!

    5th grade... substitute teacher... for a math class. She came in with a bowl of candy, introduced herself, and said she really didn’t know anything about math. Then she wrote the verb forms on the board and said. “I’m going to teach you this instead, and I promise once you learn it, you’ll remember it for the rest of your life.” We practiced it (to Jingle Bells) and then one by one we sang it for her and got a piece of candy as our reward. She was right so far... I haven’t forgotten it.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • 08-07-2019
    ogre
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Srode View Post
    I'm staining my deck, might have some thin crust pizza on the deck after it's done and dried well. I think pizza dropping might stain the fresh stain though, so will have to be careful......

    Just make sure you use the right kind of gloves
  • 08-07-2019
    Eretz
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Opus51569 View Post
    5th grade... substitute teacher... for a math class. She came in with a bowl of candy, introduced herself, and said she really didn’t know anything about math. Then she wrote the verb forms on the board and said. “I’m going to teach you this instead, and I promise once you learn it, you’ll remember it for the rest of your life.” We practiced it (to Jingle Bells) and then one by one we sang it for her and got a piece of candy as our reward. She was right so far... I haven’t forgotten it.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    This entire post reminds me of Shchedryk.
    https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_relea...u-ot121304.php

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Eretz View Post
    Written in 1916 by Ukrainian composer Mykola Leontovich and titled “Shchedryk,” the song tells the tale of a swallow flying into a household to proclaim the plentiful year that the family will have. The song's title is derived from the Ukrainian word “shchedryj,” which means “bountiful.”Dec 13, 2004

    <iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/35P6ubACRuk" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

  • 08-07-2019
    SPlKE
    Somebody said "Pizza Hut" in this thread.

    I'm not naming names.

    But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little PO'd off.

    Pizza Hut?

    Gah. Just gah.
  • 08-07-2019
    Eretz
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post

    Pizza Hut?

    Gah. Just gah.

    Could be worse.

    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WuM7QNAu4l0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • 08-07-2019
    bvber
    The worst pizza I've ever had was in my high school cafeteria. Second worst pizza I've ever had was in my college cafeteria.

    The best? When I went to Italy.
  • 08-07-2019
    old_fuji
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post
    Somebody said "Pizza Hut" in this thread.

    I'm not naming names.

    But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little PO'd off.

    Pizza Hut?

    Gah. Just gah.

    I chose my words carefully, so as to include a pizza joint that most/all of us have eaten.

    Besides, have you eaten a P'zone?

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by bvber View Post
    The worst pizza I've ever had was in my high school cafeteria. Second worst pizza I've ever had was in my college cafeteria.

    The best? When I went to Italy.

    The company I currently work for is owned by Italians. They (well, 3 of the guys anyway) claim that this little joint has the best Italian-style pizza in the United States. It is thin crust, but maintains a lighter crust:topping ratio, so it's cool. And, they're one of the few pizza joints I've been to that actually specializes in and emphasizes anchovies on their pizza.
  • 08-07-2019
    bvber
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by old_fuji View Post
    The company I currently work for is owned by Italians. They (well, 3 of the guys anyway) claim that this little joint has the best Italian-style pizza in the United States. It is thin crust, but maintains a lighter crust:topping ratio, so it's cool. And, they're one of the few pizza joints I've been to that actually specializes in and emphasizes anchovies on their pizza.

    I looked at the pictures in that link. They seem little heavy on the toppings. Look tasty though. The pizze in Italia look like this.
  • 08-07-2019
    velodog
  • 08-08-2019
    old_fuji
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post
    Somebody said "Pizza Hut" in this thread.

    I'm not naming names.

    But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little PO'd off.

    Pizza Hut?

    Gah. Just gah.

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by bvber View Post
    The worst pizza I've ever had was in my high school cafeteria. Second worst pizza I've ever had was in my college cafeteria.

    The best? When I went to Italy.

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by bvber View Post
    I looked at the pictures in that link. They seem little heavy on the toppings. Look tasty though. The pizze in Italia look like this.

    If my Roma tomatoes can shake the blossom-end rot, I hope to make a badass Margherita pizza with 'maters and basil out of my garden.
  • 08-08-2019
    Opus51569
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by old_fuji View Post
    If my Roma tomatoes can shake the blossom-end rot, I hope to make a badass Margherita pizza with 'maters and basil out of my garden.

    You spelled Margarita wrong, and you left out the most important ingredient: tequila.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • 08-08-2019
    Oxtox
    I can haz pizza...?

    pepperoni and memes is the bestest.
  • 08-08-2019
    SPlKE
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by velodog View Post

    Chicago doesn't have pizza. They have that deep dish abomination -- a soggy greasy pizza-flavored bread casserole. At best, it's very unpleasant to eat, digest and eliminate.

    Fact.
  • 08-08-2019
    velodog
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post
    Chicago doesn't have pizza. They have that deep dish abomination -- a soggy greasy pizza-flavored bread casserole. At best, it's very unpleasant to eat, digest and eliminate.

    Fact.

    That's not what Vito & Nicks serves. It's a thin crust, not a typical, as you describe it, Chicago pizza.
  • 08-08-2019
    SPlKE
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by velodog View Post
    That's not what Vito & Nicks serves. It's a thin crust, not a typical, as you describe it, Chicago pizza.

    OK mister velodog. I'll let you off with a warning this time.
  • 08-08-2019
    velodog
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post
    OK mister velodog. I'll let you off with a warning this time.

    A Warning! Wait a minute, A Warning!

    I refuse to put my tail between my legs and, in fact, I'm going out for a Vito & Nicks pizza right now.
  • 08-08-2019
    bvber
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post
    Chicago doesn't have pizza. They have that deep dish abomination -- a soggy greasy pizza-flavored bread casserole. At best, it's very unpleasant to eat, digest and eliminate.

    Fact.

    Yeah, I refuse to call that pizza. I call that "pie" as in pizza pie because that's pretty much it.

    https://forums.roadbikereview.com/at...d=325669&stc=1
  • 08-08-2019
    Eretz
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wNwP3QO6dhI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • 08-08-2019
    Eretz
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by velodog View Post

    Brilliant episode. Thank you ^^^^ Italian BEEF OMG!
  • 08-08-2019
    Eretz
    <iframe title="vimeo-player" src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/103610667" allowfullscreen="" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0"></iframe>
    5 Karecters
  • 08-09-2019
    Chain
    Imma going to start a new pizza deliver service. I'm going to deliver DiGiorno Pizzas...
  • 08-09-2019
    bvber
  • 08-09-2019
    azpeterb
    Dang...you people sure hate Chicago-style pizza. I love the stuff. Lived in the Chicago area for 10 years and I love it. And I've found a place here in Tucson that does a great Chicago pizza, so I'm happy.

    Chicago hotdogs are awesome too. Way better than those east coast dogs with soupy cole slaw and chili that looks like diarrhea.
  • 08-09-2019
    bvber
    ^ I guess it depends on what people are used to. I grew up in N-E US where a lot of people with Italian heritage live and consequently there are a lot of good Italian restaurants. I took it for granted, thinking that it's the norm. When I moved to mid-west for job, I realized my misconception about the Italian foods here in the US. :(
  • 08-09-2019
    velodog
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by azpeterb View Post
    Dang...you people sure hate Chicago-style pizza. I love the stuff. Lived in the Chicago area for 10 years and I love it. And I've found a place here in Tucson that does a great Chicago pizza, so I'm happy.

    Chicago hotdogs are awesome too. Way better than those east coast dogs with soupy cole slaw and chili that looks like diarrhea.

    Fat Johnnie's for the win

    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QvH-v9rgvtk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • 08-09-2019
    Eretz
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by azpeterb View Post
    Dang...you people sure hate Chicago-style pizza. I love the stuff. Lived in the Chicago area for 10 years and I love it. And I've found a place here in Tucson that does a great Chicago pizza, so I'm happy.

    Chicago hotdogs are awesome too. Way better than those east coast dogs with soupy cole slaw and chili that looks like diarrhea.

    We're just prodding the Chicagoans. LOL

    https://giordanos.com/wp-content/upl...ge_1210-v2.jpg