New work gloves lasted a week.
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    gazing from the shadows
    Reputation: QuiQuaeQuod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    26,383

    New work gloves lasted a week.

    But I guess dealing with 15k lbs of landscaping material will do that.

    Before:


    abedbefore2s.jpg

    After, deck view:


    abedafter3s.jpg

    Let's just say that I have a greater than normal appreciation for Labor this Labor Day weekend than usual.
    .
    Stout beers under trees, please.

  2. #2
    gazing from the shadows
    Reputation: QuiQuaeQuod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    26,383
    Here's a head on shot.



    abedafter6sts.jpg


    Not perfect of course, but given a 9x18 laid directly on dirt...


    The site works pretty well, the mass is tucked behind the garage mostly from one side, and from the other (looking past two low walls made of similar material in the front landscaping) it is close to 100' away... so looks less massive.
    .
    Stout beers under trees, please.

  3. #3
    Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Reputation: SPlKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,479
    Nice Q!

    I thought the pics were going to include the gloves.

  4. #4
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Akirasho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,490
    Old Testament Wrath Of God... Dog & Cats, Virgin sacrifice, Gozer the Gozerains!!!!!

  5. #5
    What the what???
    Reputation: Opus51569's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,536
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    But I guess dealing with 15k lbs of landscaping material will do that.

    Before:


    abedbefore2s.jpg

    After, deck view:


    abedafter3s.jpg

    Let's just say that I have a greater than normal appreciation for Labor this Labor Day weekend than usual.
    Seems like an awful lot of work to be able to climb over your neighborís fence.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Law of Headwinds states: If the ride out is easy you better leave something in the tank for the turn...

  6. #6
    Russian Troll Farmer
    Reputation: No Time Toulouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,323
    Looks vaguely like the square washing pool used in Madras for washing laundry....
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

  7. #7
    Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Reputation: SPlKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,479
    Q3... ya gonna show us the gloves, before and after?

  8. #8
    Sweet Potato Kugel
    Reputation: Eretz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,459

    Beautiful work.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    Ben Franklin -Tis curious and amazing to observe how distinct and independent of each other the rattles of this animal are, and yet how firmly they are united together

  9. #9
    Sweet Potato Kugel
    Reputation: Eretz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Opus51569 View Post
    Seems like an awful lot of work to be able to climb over your neighborís fence.
    You are inhumane. ^^^^ I like walls.
    Last edited by Eretz; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:04 PM.

  10. #10
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: PBL450's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,224

    Very cool and very impressive! Perfectly level and dry stacked. Nice work! That isnít easy. Well, not for me anyway. Youíll plant that in next in the spring? Ornamentals? Do you have property line set backs? The neighbors house looks pretty close... I can see that killing even a solid pair of new work gloves! Again, thatís impressive, very impressive if you arenít a mason or landscaper who does this for a living.
    To date, philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various ways. The point however is to change it.

  11. #11
    gazing from the shadows
    Reputation: QuiQuaeQuod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    26,383
    Quote Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post
    Nice Q!

    I thought the pics were going to include the gloves.

    Here you go.

    agloves.jpg
    .
    Stout beers under trees, please.

  12. #12
    gazing from the shadows
    Reputation: QuiQuaeQuod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    26,383
    Quote Originally Posted by PBL450 View Post

    Very cool and very impressive! Perfectly level and dry stacked. Nice work! That isnít easy. Well, not for me anyway. Youíll plant that in next in the spring? Ornamentals? Do you have property line set backs? The neighbors house looks pretty close... I can see that killing even a solid pair of new work gloves! Again, thatís impressive, very impressive if you arenít a mason or landscaper who does this for a living.
    It's within 1/2" overall, but that created some spots. i smoothed those out a bit. And I can't say it is dry stacked with 47 tubes of adhesive used.

    Asparagus per my wife, then kitchen garden for a few years, herbs and lettuces. We'll see after that. Ornamentals around and in there strategically, and we'll have new bed space outside the structure when we get the new multiple yards of topsoil in place.

    It's actually 5' away from the neighbor's fence. 63" to be exact.

    And the sides are 105" outside to outside. Knowing such things helps keep things from getting too far out of control as you work along, which is why it turned out pretty good.
    .
    Stout beers under trees, please.

  13. #13
    BarryBiker
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    5
    The best gloves are deer skin. Feel good last long and wash up very well.

  14. #14
    Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Reputation: SPlKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,479
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    Here you go.

    agloves.jpg
    Thanks!

  15. #15
    Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Reputation: il sogno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    19,364
    I am impressed.

  16. #16
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Akirasho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,490
    Quote Originally Posted by il sogno View Post
    I am impressed.
    Wait other the Dog & Cats, Virgin sacrifice, Gozer the Gozerains!!!!! start!!! Proto Packers!!!!

  17. #17
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: PBL450's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,224
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    It's within 1/2" overall, but that created some spots. i smoothed those out a bit. And I can't say it is dry stacked with 47 tubes of adhesive used.

    Asparagus per my wife, then kitchen garden for a few years, herbs and lettuces. We'll see after that. Ornamentals around and in there strategically, and we'll have new bed space outside the structure when we get the new multiple yards of topsoil in place.

    It's actually 5' away from the neighbor's fence. 63" to be exact.

    And the sides are 105" outside to outside. Knowing such things helps keep things from getting too far out of control as you work along, which is why it turned out pretty good.
    Wow, even more impressive. Less margin for error. And itís funny, it looks so much closer to the fence!

    ďAnd the sides are 105" outside to outside. Knowing such things helps keep things from getting too far out of control as you work along, which is why it turned out pretty good.Ē

    I struggle most with level. Outside dimension is a great way to keep everything in line. But that many bricks high? I donít think Iíd stand a chance. I took down and reinstalled a dry stacked slate wall a couple years ago to install patio/pool drain plumbing. I was ready to shoot myself putting it back together and I dismantled it in a way that it was the same, if that makes sense, so I didnít have to rebuild it from memory or, even worse, with skill! That came out way better than ďpretty good!Ē
    To date, philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various ways. The point however is to change it.

  18. #18
    gazing from the shadows
    Reputation: QuiQuaeQuod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    26,383
    Quote Originally Posted by PBL450 View Post
    I took down and reinstalled a dry stacked slate wall a couple years ago to install patio/pool drain plumbing. I was ready to shoot myself putting it back together and I dismantled it in a way that it was the same, if that makes sense, so I didnít have to rebuild it from memory or, even worse, with skill!
    Natural materials, even something relatively flat and straight like slate, adds a whole BUNCH of problems to the process compared to manufactured materials. So don't sell yourself short. The pros have to take their time with that kind of thing when they take it on, and even the best have to take their time to put things together right the first time.
    .
    Stout beers under trees, please.

  19. #19
    hfc
    hfc is online now
    Doesn't like subtitles
    Reputation: hfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,608
    Thatís nice work. Well done!

    About 25 years ago when I got out of the Navy first time, I worked temp agency construction labor for a while. One job was helping a guy build a natural stone terrace in a yard. That was a cool job. I was really beat at the end of each day. After that I worked as a day care teacherís aide. That wore me out even more.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-14-2015, 04:48 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2011, 08:37 AM
  3. My Ultremo's lasted two whole years with no flats...
    By kbiker3111 in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-02-2008, 12:51 PM
  4. Gel gloves last longer than foam gloves?
    By lawrence in forum General Cycling Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-08-2007, 07:34 AM
  5. gp3000 lasted 3 months..
    By colker1 in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-11-2005, 04:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.