New York Times Portland Bike City

Dec 2006

New York Times Portland Bike City

Have a nice day
    Before all you Californicators pack up your Priuses and head north, please note that the article failed to mention several key drawbacks of living in Oregon. First of all, it rains every single day, probably 300"+ per year. There are no jobs at all, none, for anybody. Everyone in the state is a hopeless alcoholic, owing to all of our craft... oops I mean HORRIBLE local brewers.

And then of course there are all the bear maulings. One cyclist was devoured by bears just last week in downtown Portland.

Nothing to see here... move along.

Kilt wearing, old man

Wink

Speaking of bad news bears. There is one that is especially pompus, with an appearent dislike of cyclists. He has a bluish colored coat, and is referred to as Kruger.
    When a bike is stolen
    A faerie dies of sadness

Back from the dead
    You forgot to mention Sasquatch.

Have a nice day
    Quote Originally Posted by mohair_chair
    You forgot to mention Sasquatch.
    They're less hazardous than you might think, and quite tasty.

Come on, you didn't think "northwest cuisine" was all salmon, blackberries, and pine bark did you?

Genitive Declensioner
    Quote Originally Posted by undies

Come on, you didn't think "northwest cuisine" was all salmon, blackberries, and pine bark did you?
    you forgot Oysters.....
    Big Fan of the Callipygian Way
    "The collards tore my wife's stomach up and with her being pregnant and constipated it made for a smelly ride to the cabin in north Georgia." -gut
    "The term "steeping" brings to mind "tea-bagging" and, on far too many levels, I'm simply not comfortable with that." -antonio_b
    "People think maggots are a bad thing, but I'll bet they ate most of the feces he has been sitting in for the last two years. Go maggots! -Mohair

Lincolns!
    But we need all the Cali folks to pack up and head south. They've made cost o' living too [email protected] high in western WA. And they brought earthquakes.

Have a nice day
    Quote Originally Posted by svend
    you forgot Oysters.....
    You like oysters? How 'bout snails?

Apr 2004
    I'm heading to Cali to buy a foreclosed house. **** in Portland is holding it's value too much.

And I'm sick of being mauled by coked up 115lb fixters who could seriously stand to investigate training wheels...or the very least, a set of brakes.

But if you're looking for a place to be different in the same way everybody else is, then sure, come on up to Portland. You'll fit right in.