Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: This is news?

  1. #1
    hfc
    hfc is offline
    Doesn't like subtitles
    Reputation: hfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,561

    This is news?

    https://apple.news/A3aJ1mcBvTtyox-RhA9Y1gg

    Not to the hammerheads of the Lounge.

  2. #2
    Sweet Potato Kugel
    Reputation: Eretz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4,820

    Yes

    Very often after eating beats the ring of fire on sprints to ...the rest rooms ...

  3. #3
    Sweet Potato Kugel
    Reputation: Eretz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4,820
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    Ben Franklin -Tis curious and amazing to observe how distinct and independent of each other the rattles of this animal are, and yet how firmly they are united together
    -


  4. #4
    Proud luddite
    Reputation: azpeterb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,868
    If it werenít for their awful flavor I would like beets. 😛

  5. #5
    Sweet Potato Kugel
    Reputation: Eretz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4,820
    Quote Originally Posted by azpeterb View Post
    If it werenít for their awful flavor I would like beets. 
    Terrible answer, because ...olive oil soaked in salt and pepper on beets with a fresh baguette is perfection.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails This is news?-beat-beets.jpg  

  6. #6
    Sweet Potato Kugel
    Reputation: Eretz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4,820
    OMG. I'm not Al Roker, but I think I pooped my pants.



    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    Ben Franklin -Tis curious and amazing to observe how distinct and independent of each other the rattles of this animal are, and yet how firmly they are united together
    -


  7. #7
    Sweet Potato Kugel
    Reputation: Eretz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4,820
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    Ben Franklin -Tis curious and amazing to observe how distinct and independent of each other the rattles of this animal are, and yet how firmly they are united together
    -


  8. #8
    Sweet Potato Kugel
    Reputation: Eretz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4,820
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    Ben Franklin -Tis curious and amazing to observe how distinct and independent of each other the rattles of this animal are, and yet how firmly they are united together
    -


  9. #9
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Akirasho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,577
    Quote Originally Posted by azpeterb View Post
    If it werenít for their beet flavor I would like beets. 😛

    politically corrected... Beets, the Brussels Sprouts of the Vegetable world..., wait, what??

  10. #10
    Sweet Potato Kugel
    Reputation: Eretz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4,820
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    Ben Franklin -Tis curious and amazing to observe how distinct and independent of each other the rattles of this animal are, and yet how firmly they are united together
    -


  11. #11
    Proud luddite
    Reputation: azpeterb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,868
    Damn I feel lost like Iím in bizarro world here....Brussels sprouts are epically horrible. I hate them with 95% of my being, with the remaining 5% reserved for beets.

  12. #12
    Sweet Potato Kugel
    Reputation: Eretz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4,820
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    Ben Franklin -Tis curious and amazing to observe how distinct and independent of each other the rattles of this animal are, and yet how firmly they are united together
    -


  13. #13
    feelin' Freddie Mercury
    Reputation: SystemShock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    32,235
    Beets taste like dirt. Why, I dunno... beets me.
    .
    Monkhouse: I want to go like my Dad did Ė peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

    System: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President, for God's sake.

    Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

    Homer: I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

    Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind


  14. #14
    xxl
    xxl is offline
    Moderator
    Reputation: xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    34,544
    Quote Originally Posted by azpeterb View Post
    Damn I feel lost like Iím in bizarro world here....Brussels sprouts are epically horrible. I hate them with 95% of my being, with the remaining 5% reserved for beets.
    You probably just haven't prepared them properly.

    I've made them a lot of ways for people, but the absolute best recipe was one given to me by a chef I used to work for, who had a real gift for preparing them to show them at their best: His method was to place the sprouts in a cold pan, and then carefully take the pan and invert it briskly over a trash receptacle--heaven!

    Satan's testicles, they are.
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

    Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

  15. #15
    Frog Whisperer
    Reputation: Touch0Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    39,989
    Quote Originally Posted by azpeterb View Post
    If it werenít for their awful flavor I would like beets. 😛
    THIS!!!! they taste like dirt, if I am going to eat stuff that tastes like dirt, I will just skip the middle man!
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

    "There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

    "that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

  16. #16
    Frog Whisperer
    Reputation: Touch0Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    39,989
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    You probably just haven't prepared them properly.

    I've made them a lot of ways for people, but the absolute best recipe was one given to me by a chef I used to work for, who had a real gift for preparing them to show them at their best: His method was to place the sprouts in a cold pan, and then carefully take the pan and invert it briskly over a trash receptacle--heaven!

    Satan's testicles, they are.
    Ima copy that into my wife's recipe book

    edit: except substitute compost container for trash receptacle
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

    "There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

    "that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

  17. #17
    Russian Troll Farmer
    Reputation: No Time Toulouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,946
    I hope people realize that beets provide a large percentage of the sugar we eat.
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

  18. #18
    Frog Whisperer
    Reputation: Touch0Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    39,989
    Quote Originally Posted by No Time Toulouse View Post
    I hope people realize that beets provide a large percentage of the sugar we eat.
    Sugar beets are a lot different. Besides, I bet most of the the "sugars" most people eat are for high fructose corn syrup

  19. #19
    Sweet Potato Kugel
    Reputation: Eretz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4,820
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    .... take the pan and invert it briskly over a trash receptacle--heaven!

    Satan's testicles, they are.
    I finally got it after rereading it a half dozen times. LOL
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    Ben Franklin -Tis curious and amazing to observe how distinct and independent of each other the rattles of this animal are, and yet how firmly they are united together
    -


  20. #20
    What the what???
    Reputation: Opus51569's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,777
    Quote Originally Posted by azpeterb View Post
    Damn I feel lost like Iím in bizarro world here....Brussels sprouts are epically horrible. I hate them with 95% of my being, with the remaining 5% reserved for beets.
    Iím pretty sure that when we arrive in hell, weíll discover they serve only Brussels sprouts and decaf instant coffee.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Law of Headwinds states: If the ride out is easy... wait.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-22-2013, 03:47 PM
  2. News rant-- I hate news agencies...
    By Cruzer2424 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-01-2008, 04:52 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-21-2007, 07:44 AM
  4. Good news/not so good news?
    By Len J in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 10-24-2006, 04:01 PM
  5. The Real Faux News: Make your own news spot!
    By JoeDaddio in forum Politics Only
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 05-31-2006, 02:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.