now there's something you don't see everyday
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. #1
    Frog Whisperer
    Reputation: Touch0Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    40,439

    now there's something you don't see everyday

    the things you see on the road! (Missouri, this weekend)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

    "There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

  2. #2
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,821
    In late September and early October? Of course it's common.

    Here's my case, couple months ago, a biker looking dude in his early 40's, shaved head, t-shirts with Harley logo, lots of tattoos on his arm, mustache, was walking down the street with a cat sitting across his shoulder. I had to do a double take to see if it's a real cat and it was. Its tail was hanging down on dude's left shoulder, its head was on dude's right shoulder and dude's right hand was raised next to his right shoulder to support the cat's front paws. Picture this dude with a cat instead of shotgun over his shoulder.

  3. #3
    Adorable Furry Hombre
    Reputation: Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    28,422
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    the things you see on the road! (Missouri, this weekend)
    I wonder if they are planning on using a forklift or an engine-block lift to get it out of there....hopefully they don't hit any bumps--suspension looks almost bottomed out.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

  4. #4
    Frog Whisperer
    Reputation: Touch0Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    40,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    I wonder if they are planning on using a forklift or an engine-block lift to get it out of there....hopefully they don't hit any bumps--suspension looks almost bottomed out.
    It sure did, that caught our attention too! Curious how they got it in there. Need a chainsaw to carve that jack-o-lantern!
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

    "There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

  5. #5
    Frog Whisperer
    Reputation: Touch0Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    40,439
    Quote Originally Posted by bvber View Post
    In late September and early October? Of course it's common.

    Here's my case, couple months ago, a biker looking dude in his early 40's, shaved head, t-shirts with Harley logo, lots of tattoos on his arm, mustache, was walking down the street with a cat sitting across his shoulder. I had to do a double take to see if it's a real cat and it was. Its tail was hanging down on dude's left shoulder, its head was on dude's right shoulder and dude's right hand was raised next to his right shoulder to support the cat's front paws. Picture this dude with a cat instead of shotgun over his shoulder.
    And yet............ Well let me just remind you.... Useless without pictures!
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

    "There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

  6. #6
    Adorable Furry Hombre
    Reputation: Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    28,422
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    And yet............ Well let me just remind you.... Useless without pictures!
    Hey now, I take my cat on walks. He loves drives too.

    One of the only reasons I log onto Instagram is Gary: https://www.instagram.com/greatgramsofgary/
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

  7. #7
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    631
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hey now, I take my cat on walks. He loves drives too.

    One of the only reasons I log onto Instagram is Gary: https://www.instagram.com/greatgramsofgary/
    Them goggles! <3

  8. #8
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    And yet............ Well let me just remind you.... Useless without pictures!
    I wanted to take a pic but it's illegal to use hand held cellphone while driving where I am. Here's something close to a cat riding on man's shoulder.

  9. #9
    Frog Whisperer
    Reputation: Touch0Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    40,439
    Quote Originally Posted by bvber View Post
    i wanted to take a pic but it's illegal to use hand held cellphone while driving where i am. here's something close to a cat riding on man's shoulder.
    meeeeeeeeowwwwwwwww
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

    "There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

  10. #10
    Proud luddite
    Reputation: azpeterb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    7,036
    Charlie Brown was right....there really is a Great Pumpkin!

  11. #11
    Sweet Potato Kugel
    Reputation: Eretz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,643
    Nice..
    Last edited by Eretz; 10-02-2019 at 02:44 PM.

  12. #12
    Frog Whisperer
    Reputation: Touch0Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    40,439
    Quote Originally Posted by azpeterb View Post
    Charlie Brown was right....there really is a Great Pumpkin!
    Might not be great but it was damned good!
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

    "There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

  13. #13
    feelin' Freddie Mercury
    Reputation: SystemShock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    33,005
    Here in the SF Bay Area, we have an annual Pumpkin Festival every October in the town of Half Moon Bay.

    Last year's winning pumpkin was 2,170 lbs, i.e. over a ton.



    Monkhouse: I want to go like my Dad did peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

    System: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President, for God's sake.

    Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

    Homer: I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

    Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind


  14. #14
    Frog Whisperer
    Reputation: Touch0Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    40,439
    Apparently the world record is 2640!
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

    "There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

  15. #15
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: velodog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,992
    We got a 90 pounder a number of years ago and I carved it with my sisters son and the kid down the street, and when we were done my wife was able to bake two pies out of the eyes, nose and mouth.

    I think that the only way those two boys woulda had more fun was if the pumpkin was large enough for them to crawl inside.
    Too old to ride plastic

  16. #16
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    Apparently the world record is 2640!
    Useless without pictures!

    BTW, that would be a lot of pumpkin spice latte...

  17. #17
    Frog Whisperer
    Reputation: Touch0Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    40,439
    Quote Originally Posted by veloon dog View Post
    We got a 90 pounder a number of years ago and I carved it with my sisters son and the kid down the street, and when we were done my wife was able to bake two pies out of the eyes, nose and mouth.

    I think that the only way those two boys woulda had more fun was if the pumpkin was large enough for them to crawl inside.
    my youngest daughter and I have celebrated a post season punkin' ritual every year for decades. We punch holes all over it and stuff m-80's in the holes then light them all at once, thinking that once you hit 50 pounds or better, we would need better asplosives! And, for a 2K or better, possibly nuclear!
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

    "There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

  18. #18
    Frog Whisperer
    Reputation: Touch0Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    40,439
    Quote Originally Posted by bvber View Post
    Useless without pictures!

    BTW, that would be a lot of pumpkin spice latte...
    oooops....I stand corrected.... 2624# Attachment 326013
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

    "There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

  19. #19
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,821
    ^ Attachment didn't work.

  20. #20
    Frog Whisperer
    Reputation: Touch0Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    40,439
    Quote Originally Posted by bvber View Post
    ^ Attachment didn't work.
    Oooooops, correct. It does not! Snap sent me a cool link

    https://weighoff.miramarevents.com/
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

    "There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

  21. #21
    Adorable Furry Hombre
    Reputation: Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    28,422
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    meeeeeeeeowwwwwwwww

    You say Meow?

    https://imgur.com/a/DWNEwDq
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

  22. #22
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    Oooooops, correct. It does not! Snap sent me a cool link

    https://weighoff.miramarevents.com/
    Given the amount prize involved, how do they make sure the competitors don't insert any kind of weights inside to cheat? In cycling, don't they use ultrasonic scanner or heat detector to check for mechanical doping?

    Perhaps they can check it this way once the winner is declared.

  23. #23
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: velodog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,992
    Too old to ride plastic

  24. #24
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: love4himies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hey now, I take my cat on walks. He loves drives too.

    One of the only reasons I log onto Instagram is Gary: https://www.instagram.com/greatgramsofgary/
    Oh my, what a cutie pie. How the heck did you get him to wear goggles, lol?

    I had a cat who I could take for walks too, but I think he would have drawn the line at kayak trips.
    While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions. - Stephen R. Covey.

  25. #25
    Adorable Furry Hombre
    Reputation: Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    28,422
    Quote Originally Posted by love4himies View Post
    Oh my, what a cutie pie. How the heck did you get him to wear goggles, lol?

    I had a cat who I could take for walks too, but I think he would have drawn the line at kayak trips.
    Not my cat, just a fan. Gary and his humans are living it up in the Rockies in Alberta

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. You don't see these everyday
    By Dave Hickey in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-01-2019, 02:15 PM
  2. Replies: 94
    Last Post: 08-14-2008, 06:06 AM
  3. Here's something you don't see everyday...
    By WeakMite in forum Cyclocross
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-03-2007, 04:47 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-25-2005, 01:38 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-23-2005, 11:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.