The official marital stress thread. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2013
    Hehe... yeah, no one ever said marriage was easy. Heck, if you think about it, living with anyone is hard and becoming a mature adult involves learning how to do that I know for sure that if I lived with a clone of myself, I'd probably hate him in about 2 days.

Some wisdom I learned years ago that I still haven't mastered... "Learn how to think like a woman without becoming one." Most men I know are horrible at relationships, especially with the fairer sex. Treating your spouse like "one of the guys" won't work (try it, you'll find out!)

I'm still trying to figure-out how to better communicate with my wife after almost 15 years of marriage. I figure I'll master the art a day before I die

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by PoorInRichfield View Post
    I figure I'll master the art a day before I die
    Problem is, the requirements change by the hour. It's a moving target! Something I've (we're) working on after 10 years. It helped to realize it's never 'done.' I can't remember who it was, but some author or something said a marriage/relationship is never static, it's always either getting worse or improving.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PoorInRichfield View Post
    Hehe... I figure I'll master the art a day before I die
    Wife of PoorInRichfield: YOU CAN'T EVEN DIE RIGHT!!!!

a little too stoked
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Grouch View Post
    Norm said it best...

Conan completely saved Norm's old bad jokes.
    MH: I want to go like my Dad did, peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Sys: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President for God's sake.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

Homer: I believe that the children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.

Opus was just napping
    French Fries are meant to be FRIED, it is right in the name.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsmybush View Post
    French Fries are meant to be FRIED, it is right in the name.
    Exactly.

"Fried" means cooked in hot oil, delicious boiling hot oil, with extra points for peanut oil!

"Fried" does not mean: exposed to a blast of heated, dry, stinky, filthy, farty air.

What the what???
    Quote Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post
    ...stinky, filthy, farty air.
    What are you doing in that kitchen???
    Given his penchant for nicknames, and his aversion to reading, I've decided to shorten Donald J. Trump to it's essence: Dump*

I was "social distancing" before it was cool.

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Quote Originally Posted by Opus51569 View Post
    What are you doing in that kitchen???
    What I am not doing is pretending to fry potatoes without using a cauldron of peanut oil heated to the point of being an OSHA Class-K fire hazard ready to blow.

The adjectives I used to describe typical kitchen air (not mine, unless I've been farting up the kitchen) were meant to call attention to a major invisible downside to "air" frying: The filthy, stinking, farty air that you're blasting into your food at nearly Mach 1.

Master debator.
    The wife had dinner ready when I got home from a run after work with my true love, our 20 month old female German Shepherd. We ran in the snow and it was 20 degrees and kind of magical. Then we came home to a warm house with dinner on the table, and that was kind of magical too (usually I cook). We've only been married 5 years as of next January 31st, together for 15 years. She has her redeeming qualities, plus she makes 2 1/2 times what I do
    "I felt bad because I couldn't wheelie; until I met a man with no bicycle"

Proud luddite
    Quote Originally Posted by nOOky View Post
    The wife had dinner ready when I got home from a run after work with my true love, our 20 month old female German Shepherd. We ran in the snow and it was 20 degrees and kind of magical. Then we came home to a warm house with dinner on the table, and that was kind of magical too (usually I cook). We've only been married 5 years as of next January 31st, together for 15 years. She has her redeeming qualities, plus she makes 2 1/2 times what I do
    So the moral of the story? Yes, thereís always going to be marital stress but when all is said and done, itís usually worth it. 🙂

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azpeterb View Post
    So the moral of the story? Yes, thereís always going to be marital stress but when all is said and done, itís usually worth it. 
    Does nOOky need a toxic screen?

Opus was just napping

Maybe she just made a mistake
    I should give her a break
    My heart will ache either way
    Hey, what the hell
    Watcha want me to say
    I wont lie that I cant deny

So you don't "do it all for the nooky (sic)?"
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2017
    Ha! My wife would say the same thing about our German Shorthair. I was able to run last Friday in a blizzard. Though in the trees it was, as you put it, magical. I bought some running snowshoes and I've been putting them to good use!

RoadBikeReview Member
    I was trying to think of things I do that my wife could complain about me, and so far I'm coming up blank
    It's the things you don't do that she'd complain about!

Life is too short for "air frying." WTF. Just make regular oven "fries": Slice a normal potato into about 8 thick wedges, coat with olive oil, bake for 30min or so at about 350-400F, add salt, done.

Might be able to make sweet potato chips in a similar way, just slice thin. Haven't used them in a long time though.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    Just make regular oven "fries": Slice a normal potato into about 8 thick wedges, coat with olive oil, bake for 30min or so at about 350-400F, add salt, done.
    One of the reasons for buying air fryer is the speed of cooking. It takes about half the time and that's including warmup. The result will be the same as conventional oven.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bvber View Post
    One of the reasons for buying air fryer is the speed of cooking. It takes about half the time and that's including warmup. The result will be the same as conventional oven.
    We got an air fryer for Xmas 2018. While the results for French fries are mediocre, it does a great job with pork chops.

RoadBikeReview Member
    My turn for the doghouse...
    Chuckled, in front of the kids, when she misspelled a word and I thought she was joking...She wasn't.
    Nighty night.
    In reference to the Assault on Mt Mitchell...
    Quote Originally Posted by merckx56
    The easier solution is to find a biker bar in Spartanburg the night before, go in and pick a fight. The ass-whipping you'll get will be far less painful than the one Mitchell will give you the next day!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by upstateSC-rider View Post
    My turn for the doghouse...
    Some married guys have the basement converted to a home theater which doubles as a man-cave. It triples as a doghouse, perhaps a nice one.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    So, wifey and I had a stupid argument (as I am laid up).
    She insists that if you cut a muffin to heat it up, you do it vertically, and just put it in the toaster oven.
    I say this in nonsense, you cut it horizontally, and split both sides so that the whole thing gets hot/browned (and then you can add your butter onto a flat surface.
    I asked her Ďwell, how do you cut and heat a bagel?í
    To which she replied,
    ďA muffin isnít a bagelĒ.
    And she has an engineering degree from Dartmouth...

Opus was just napping

Life is too short for "air frying." WTF. Just make regular oven "fries": Slice a normal potato into about 8 thick wedges, coat with olive oil, bake for 30min or so at about 350-400F, add salt, done.

Might be able to make sweet potato chips in a similar way, just slice thin. Haven't used them in a long time though.
    Those are not french fries those are cut up baked potatoes.

すし + Sweet Potato Kugel
    Jul 2012
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    Ben Franklin -Tis curious and amazing to observe how distinct and independent of each other the rattles of this animal are, and yet how firmly they are united together

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2006
    The title of this thread is, "The Official Marital Stress Thread".

I just want to point out that the phrase "Marital Stress" is redundant.

Which is why I'm still single.

Seat's not level
    Quote Originally Posted by dir-t View Post
    Agreed. One of the meanest looks my wife ever gave me was after I told her I did not want sweet potato fries "because they're always either mushy or burnt". I didn't mean anything personal by it, just stating a fact.
    Yup, wife buys the frozen orange fries... hey are mushy and often burnt. I just eat a few and leave the rest. I'll enjoy the steak or burger. IT's only fries and it's not like I'm being force fed them. Not worth a fight... she likes them and I really don't need them.
    • This forum requires that you wait 2 days between posts. Please try again in 17 hours.

Seat's not level

Might have to try baking them in my Traeger grill... smoky fries anyone?
    • This forum requires that you wait 2 days between posts. Please try again in 17 hours.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chain View Post
    Might have to try baking them in my Traeger grill... smoky fries anyone?
    Fantastic, I do it on my Hast Bake when Iím smoking something. I use smallish red potatoes, they take maybe 90 minutes. I oil them and coat with a little of my dry rub. I put em on early so I can take them off and let them come to room temperature. I make potato salad with mustard, vinegar and sweet pickle relish. Great side thatís practically no extra work.
    To date, philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various ways. The point however is to change it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast