omg, omg, omg

Printable View

• 07-27-2019
    Touch0Gray
    omg, omg, omg
    If you are like me, a total map and data freak, I found your bible, assuming you are in the USA.

About 150 yards from our house, through the woods in a meadow, there is a little creek... say 2 or 3 feet wide. It has a name!!!!!

https://viewer.nationalmap.gov/advanced-viewer/
  • 07-27-2019
    Christine
    Think I've heard of this. Are you supposed to report any little creeks you find to them?
  • 07-27-2019
    rideit
    With that thread title, I thought that maybe this thread would have new nude pics of Gal Godot
  • 07-28-2019
    No Time Toulouse
    The USGS also has a topo map app. I found an website that also will do overlays with topo maps of the past, which is a great way to find old railroad rights-of-way around where I live.
  • 07-28-2019
    Marc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    If you are like me, a total map and data freak, I found your bible, assuming you are in the USA.

About 150 yards from our house, through the woods in a meadow, there is a little creek... say 2 or 3 feet wide. It has a name!!!!!

https://viewer.nationalmap.gov/advanced-viewer/

So you had waterfront property this whole time? Better not tell the property assessor. :nono::nono::nono:
  • 07-28-2019
    Touch0Gray
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    So you had waterfront property this whole time? Better not tell the property assessor. :nono::nono::nono:

actually, not on my property, probably jack my insurance up it it were
  • 07-28-2019
    Touch0Gray
    Quote:

Originally Posted by No Time Toulouse View Post
    The USGS also has a topo map app. I found an website that also will do overlays with topo maps of the past, which is a great way to find old railroad rights-of-way around where I live.

I can't find one for Android????? shoot!

edit: although I have usgs maps of WI on my GPS and old usgs, geo-topo on all my laptops and desktop
  • 07-29-2019
    No Time Toulouse
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    I can't find one for Android????? shoot!

It's called "US Topo Maps"...
  • 07-29-2019
    Chain
    Me too... and it's called Community Ditch.... seriously
  • 07-29-2019
    MoonHowl
    Thanks for the 411!