Our "planned" hair loss....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    corning my own beef

Our "planned" hair loss....

Since my wife began chemo a few weeks ago, we planned a "head shaving party" because she did not want to suffer the indignity of seeing it fall out. That event got downgraded to a family-only affair, which is just as well since it was a bit more traumatic for her than she'd anticipated. So... Friday night I broke out the clippers.

BEFORE:

I had volunteered to let her cut my hair the same way I had hers; now, I don't feel like my "sacrifice" was particularly significant since my hair was fairly short to begin with.

Frankly, I kind of like the new haircuts. She does not share my enthusiasm. But as always, she keeps her chin up, continues to smile and soldiers on...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People who say, "Laughter is the best medicine.." have never been on the receiving end of a morphine drip..

ноожеяз ай вщоw?
    -VaughnA

A fool and his money were damned lucky to have bumped into each other in the first place.

Beetpull DeLite
    Can I shave you next weekend?

Just your head.

The top one.

Lookin' good, guys...hang in there, Mrs. F!

Non Non Cyclist
    What a great idea and a great way to support your wife.

Being bald makes her beautiful smile pop even more than before!
    Move along...nothing to see here.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Ya know........she really DOES look pretty damn......PRETTY with the crew cut! And no, I'm not just saying that to make her feel better.

The great smile and courageous attitude are also a plus. Wishing her continued smiles and courage!

Windrider (Stubborn)
    Very cool.

Len

"Evil....is the complete lack of Empathy!"

""We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. " Aristotle

No one is as bad as the worst thing they have done & no one is as good as the best thing they have done.........think of that when you feel like you understand someone.

Steaming piles of opinion
    Absolutely not 'just saying it' - it's a good look, for both of you. Give her a week away from the blow dryers, styling gel, hairspray, combs, etc. I predict she'll feel a bit better about things.

Good vibes headed for the JTB household. Hang in there!
    A good habit is as hard to break as a bad one..

Not a rocket surgeon.
    Thats really cool of you.
    My group will keep your family in our thoughts.

My lone good cycling buddy kicked cancers ass last year and we are off and riding again. She can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 2009
    Best of luck to her.

Go Blue
    My thoughts are with both of you. Obviously, your wife has the harder journey ahead of her. But, you probably will have some hard times too. Like tomorrow. I have been shaving my head for years and usually when I see someone I know who has taken the razor to his head, I will comment on it. A few weeks ago, I got on the elevator at work and one of the guys who works in the building had shaved his head -- he had a full head of hair the last time I had seen him a few days earlier. I don't know the guy well, other than I know his name and the floor on which he works. When I congratulated him on the new look, etc., he started to cry. He had shaved his head to be in solidarity with his mother who is going through chemo. I did not know and would not have known except for my commenting on his head.
    I try to be perfectly civil, until someone really pisses me off.

AIE
    midnight melon mounter
    She's hot with or without.

Collin's Dad
    Best of luck to her in her battle against the big C. Once she or you begin spending serious time in the oncology section of the hospital or clinic, bald will seem completely normal.

Non non normal
    Teamwork.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." --A. Einstein

Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
    I think she looks really good with the buzz cut. Seriously.
    "jazz gives you large testicles"--aliensporebomb

Misfit Toy
    She looks great! A smile that could light up a room
    It's all fun and games until someone ends up in a cone.

Don't make me go all honey badger on your ass

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

it's nice seeing a bunch of people around the country pulling together like this. good luck for the both of you, and remember that you DO have support/thoughts/prayers from all over.
    I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?

Captain Obvious
    she looks good with the shaved noggin'. best of luck to you both getting through this. i'm sure it will be hard for you too.
    And it just hurts in the very best way possible without a high priced dominatrix.---Ronsonic

I'm pretty confident that I've pissed off several dozen random strangers on the internet tonight.---Creakyknees

disclaimer---I make sh!t up as I go along.

had it in the ear before
    awesome, keep up the support but dont let her forget her way to the kitchen!
    you might as well have gone to Taco Bell and had a Zima while dropping a blotter and snorting Tabasco. OMFG. ~ttug

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2006
    She looks brave.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007

Good Luck

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Festina Lente'
    Good luck to you both!

She looks the hawt with a shaven noggin!!!
    "Late to bed, early to rise, work like hell and advertise." -Von Braun

Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
    I totally agree with the others that she looks even better with the cut.

You? Meh.

You're an awesome dude.
    "He groaned when we hung the rope over the tree but was relieved to see the white pinata."
    -- Gut

corning my own beef
    hey, thanks to all of you..... I'm sending her a compilation of all the kind comments. She's really concerned that, "Now I actually LOOK sick.." but yet again, the Lounge comes through! I'm sure the comments and good wishes will show her some perspective from 'the outside looking in'.

shucks, guys (and gals!).... yore just the BEST!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People who say, "Laughter is the best medicine.." have never been on the receiving end of a morphine drip..

ноожеяз ай вщоw?
    -VaughnA

A fool and his money were damned lucky to have bumped into each other in the first place.

Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
    bald is beautiful. Very streamlined and summer friendly. Just remember to use sunblock for a while. Trust me, scalp sunburn is the suxxors.
    Just fast enough to know I am slow.

Old and Fixed, Moderator
    You rock......
    Dave Hickey/ Fort Worth

My 3Rensho Blog: http://vintage3rensholove.blogspot.com/

Meow!
    I have to agree that she looks great with the buzz cut, and in no way does she look "sick". I'm not sure this will give your wife any comfort, but "sick" is never the first (or second, third or fourth) thing that comes to my mind when I see someone who appears to have lost their hair because of chemotherapy. I think brave and beautiful above all else, Your wife is no exception.

Last year, some of my coworkers and I bought a gift certificate for someone undergoing chemotherapy at an online store that specializes in hats, scarves and the like. She bought several that were really cute. The website is www.hatsscarvesandmore.com.
    You can't change people. They have to change themselves. Just like babies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast