Patio furniture, wine, everyone gone
    My back hurts

Patio furniture, wine, everyone gone

These are all things that make work more tolerable. Opened a bottle of wine with one of my partners on our front porch this afternoon. Attractive college student across the street was on her porch drinking a beer and reading a book. The weather is perfect and our new patio furniture is really comfy. My partner (and everone else) left so I'm sitting at my work computer with a glass of wine. I think I'd be really happy if I could work by myself with a glass of wine and all the windows open on a picture perfect day. I wouldn't be very productive but I'd be happy until I ran out of money. I'd poast a pic (including the college neighbor) but I don't have a camera. More work days should be like this.

Grey Manrod
    Amen, brother. Amen.

il miglior fabbro
    Where do you get an application form for a job like that?

I've been trying to enjoy a glass of wine on an old cedar deck chair on this bucolic evening. One probem: My neighbour's dogs keep barking - one of them is a beagle, with a evil, soul-shattering welp that comes out of nowhere. As usual, nothing's done about it. Sorry, I must sound like Mr. Grumpy.
    Bri
    Long live Death Valley

Go Blue
    Don't need no patio furniture; don't need no wine. All I need to be happy at work is some peace and quiet. I get more work done between 5:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. when everyone else in the office has gone home and clients stop calling on the phone.

Don't tell Mrs. Mac about the new patio furniture. We recently bought some new furniture for the reception area at the office. Mrs. S was not amused -- she felt that the money would have been better spent on improvements to our house than to my office. To Mrs. S all of this just confirms her belief that I feel more "at home" at work than I do at home.
    I try to be perfectly civil, until someone really pisses me off.

Sticky Valentine
    Are you looking for an assistant?

joe
    'They say gold paint on the palace gates comes from the teeth of pensioners
    They're so tired of shooting protest singers that they hardly mention us
    While fountains fill with second-hand perfume and sodden trading stamps
    They'll hang the bullies and the louts that dampen down the day" - EC

Call me a Fred
    You don't need a camera to post a pic. Just breakout the old sketch pad and draw away.
    Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may starch my jumper
    Hang it upside your wall
    You know by that, baby
    I need my ashes hauled.

Sleepy John Estes

H

Seat's not level
    Ah man, it just makes me want to build a patio on the back of my house even more. I should soon be able to work from home. Sitting on the back porch in a nice comfy chair would be great and a nice change from cube world. I am concerned that with the peace and quiet that I will soon run out of work and have to go into the office for more. I will deal with that once I get there.
    • This forum requires that you wait 2 days between posts. Please try again in 17 hours.