Peleton
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Peleton

  1. #1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,405

    Peleton

    What happened to the peleton thread, you all sick of it?

    Well, NorticTrak is taking them head on, and their women are a lot HOTTER!

    .... not some whiny apologetic skinny girl that wants to get married to a prince.

    later.... and now Lexus has a commercial of one of there dumb SUV (what is that, can't put a full bike in it or a kawa) following some pedal biker chick about 2 car lengths behind. .... just what I would want on a bike, some da following me in a car all day, close enough to throw a rock at!
    Last edited by duriel; 6 Days Ago at 01:46 PM.
    BANNED

  2. #2
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    955
    Quote Originally Posted by duriel View Post
    What happened to the peleton thread, you all sick of it?

    Well, NorticTrak is taking them head on, and their women are a lot HOTTER!

    .... not some whiny apologetic skinny girl that wants to get married to a prince.

    later.... and now Lexus has a commercial of one of there dumb SUV (what is that, can't put a full bike in it or a kawa) following some pedal biker chick about 2 car lengths behind. .... just what I would want on a bike, some da following me in a car all day, close enough to throw a rock at!
    Link? And if she’s truly hawter, then please post the actual pic and save us a left-click.

  3. #3
    Sweet Potato Kugel
    Reputation: Eretz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,756
    Quote Originally Posted by ogre View Post
    Link? And if she’s truly hawter, then please post the actual pic and save us a left-click.
    Nice Sneaks


  4. #4
    feelin' Freddie Mercury
    Reputation: SystemShock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    33,102
    Speaking of Peloton... seems like the ultimate coup there would be for Peloton Girl to appear in a PSA on domestic violence.

    Though that Ryan Reynolds’ booze commercial did get us about 75% there already.
    MH: I want to go like my Dad did, peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

    Sys: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President for God's sake.

    Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

    Homer: I believe that the children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

    Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.


  5. #5
    Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Reputation: rideit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,414
    Pelé was a GREAT player, but I have never heard of Pelo.

  6. #6
    feelin' Freddie Mercury
    Reputation: SystemShock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    33,102
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Pelé was a GREAT player, but I have never heard of Pelo.
    Yes, the OP made a spelling boo-boo. Bill 'im.


    peloton
    / (ˈpɛləˌtɒn) /

    noun
    cycle racing, the main field of riders in a road race

    MH: I want to go like my Dad did, peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

    Sys: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President for God's sake.

    Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

    Homer: I believe that the children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

    Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.


  7. #7
    Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Reputation: rideit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,414
    I just wanted to name dropper Pelé.

  8. #8
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,405
    I guess I been mispronouncing it too for all these years.... pel-o-ton, not pel-e-ton.

    And that one posted is not it.... it has a bike in it like a peloton, but it's a norticton!
    BANNED

  9. #9
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,846
    While we are at it, lets talk about pale-o-diet. You know, it's that time of year...

  10. #10
    Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Reputation: rideit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,414
    That diet is for loosers.

  11. #11
    Sweet Potato Kugel
    Reputation: Eretz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,756
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Pelé was a GREAT player, but I have never heard of Pelo.



    The best player.

  12. #12
    hfc
    hfc is offline
    Doesn't like subtitles
    Reputation: hfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,625
    One thing that kind of stood out to me is that they show probably 15-20 different people in that commercial but none of them are black. I guess though, it is Nordic Track, after all.

  13. #13
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,379
    I don't believe I have a room in my house big enough for that behemoth

  14. #14
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,232
    I'm in the camp of people who doesn't understand the controversy. IMO, fit people are more likely to spend $ on things like that compared to unfit people so why not show fit people in the ads?

    My niece just bought a Peloton. It may just become an expensive clothes hanger but she's not very outdoorsy so this might be just the thing for her to get a bit more exercise.

    My wife would LOVE one but between all of her running, MTB, gym membership(s), and other activities there's really no justification to spend the $ or dedicate the indoor space for it. But if I bought one for her she would have been ecstatic.

  15. #15
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: velodog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,048
    Quote Originally Posted by dir-t View Post
    I'm in the camp of people who doesn't understand the controversy. IMO, fit people are more likely to spend $ on things like that compared to unfit people so why not show fit people in the ads?

    My niece just bought a Peloton. It may just become an expensive clothes hanger but she's not very outdoorsy so this might be just the thing for her to get a bit more exercise.

    My wife would LOVE one but between all of her running, MTB, gym membership(s), and other activities there's really no justification to spend the $ or dedicate the indoor space for it. But if I bought one for her she would have been ecstatic.
    If your nieces turns into an expensive clothes hanger your wife may be able to get a deal on one.
    Too old to ride plastic

  16. #16
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,232
    Quote Originally Posted by velodog View Post
    If your nieces turns into an expensive clothes hanger your wife may be able to get a deal on one.
    That's a good point but we live on opposite sides of the country. The shipping would be a deal-killer.

  17. #17
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: velodog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,048
    Quote Originally Posted by dir-t View Post
    That's a good point but we live on opposite sides of the country. The shipping would be a deal-killer.
    Man-O-Man, I'd expect better of a niece.
    Too old to ride plastic

  18. #18
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,846
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    That diet is for loosers.
    OK, that's a start.
    What diet do winners go for?

  19. #19
    Neophyte
    Reputation: jetdog9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,829
    OP should be saying misspelling is intentional, isn't that one of the hallmarks of teh Lownge?

Similar Threads

  1. 161 Left in the peleton
    By DW4477 in forum Pro Cycling - Tour de France
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-15-2005, 07:50 AM
  2. biopace makes a return...to the peleton?
    By poshscot in forum Components, Wrenching
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-21-2005, 07:41 AM
  3. Carbon frame usage in the peleton
    By Thadimire in forum General Cycling Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-27-2005, 09:43 AM
  4. Pro Peleton Cadence
    By 690MBCOMMANDO in forum General Cycling Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-16-2004, 09:38 AM
  5. Anyone ever used Voler Peleton Short??
    By mtbykr in forum General Cycling Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-21-2004, 06:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.