pitbull and catahoula get along except at feedin time
    had it in the ear before

pitbull and catahoula get along except at feedin time

which i expected but i didnt expect to have skermishes so soon. Pickles the pitbull puppy is 12 weeks and I feed him puppy chow outside the kennel, when he's done he tries to sneak under the other 2 grown females and eat their food too which ensues in snarls and snaps and squeals. Other than that they get along and play great, I gotta build Pickles his own pen soon. All the neighborhood kids love him and i'm socializing him with as many as I can...

muscular little guy

playing nice

fightin over Kong toy

tug o war, Patsy drags him around the yard, full more months he'll be dragging her

neighbors and Jackson's future partner in crime

Ruby Pig
    you might as well have gone to Taco Bell and had a Zima while dropping a blotter and snorting Tabasco. OMFG. ~ttug

had it in the ear before
    he has a ringworm spot on his back i'm treating w/ happy jack antifungal shampoo and its clearing up, got his last round of 8 in 1 puppy shots yesterday
    Attached Images Attached Images
    you might as well have gone to Taco Bell and had a Zima while dropping a blotter and snorting Tabasco. OMFG. ~ttug

Shih Tzu Happens
    IMO the feeding time issues will work themselves out. He is just finding his place in the pack order and learning the rules. That's the great thing about dogs. I have three myself...a Lab, Airdale and Shih-zu. Funny thing is that the Shih-zu is the Alpha LOL. Very cute puppy. The socialization thing is a great idea. Prevents many future problems later down the road.

Opus was just napping
    My puppy tried this--once.

Woodson who is at all times the most laid back dog in the world and put up with everything else the puppy through at her--was displeased.

DeGaulle has never gone back to Woodson's bowl--and she ain't good at listening us to this day.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

still shedding season
    Quote Originally Posted by gutfiddle
    fightin over Kong toy
    LOLCat material right here...

Our two Malamutes have been together for about a month and a half, three and four years old. They get along great, and have for about the last month - but there are two times we separate them. One is when we're not around (or upstairs asleep) and the other is feeding time.

It's just a baby gate that separates them, but if one were to get close to the other when eating, it could turn into WWIII. They're a couple of furry bookends all other times, they fall asleep on each other, play together, all that stuff - but no messing around with food. As soon as they're done, dishes are put in the sink and then the gate comes down.

had it in the ear before
    Quote Originally Posted by TLDetroit
    IMO the feeding time issues will work themselves out. He is just finding his place in the pack order and learning the rules. That's the great thing about dogs. I have three myself...a Lab, Airdale and Shih-zu. Funny thing is that the Shih-zu is the Alpha LOL. Very cute puppy. The socialization thing is a great idea. Prevents many future problems later down the road.
    the are definitely trying to establish a pecking order. My Catahoula Patsy has always been the top dog and the blue tick Ellie Mae just assumed the submissive role, now that this bull headed male is in the mix he's already trying to be the alphadog and Patsy isnt backing down so easily, i'm sure they'll work it out.

had it in the ear before
    Quote Originally Posted by kykr13
    It's just a baby gate that separates them, but if one were to get close to the other when eating, it could turn into WWIII. They're a couple of furry bookends all other times, they fall asleep on each other, play together, all that stuff - but no messing around with food. As soon as they're done, dishes are put in the sink and then the gate comes down.
    they were all three curled up together on their blankets when I left them this morning keeping warm, this was after the food bowls were emptied