is it possible to receive a lethal dose of Hallmark Christmas movies? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Quote Originally Posted by dir-t View Post
    I don't fully have my head wrapped around it either but a lot get eaten at the party during the judging/voting process. Come to think of it, we probably get a dozen of EACH type of cookie. She only went the first year and has come up with excuses to miss it the past 2 or 3.
    So if my calculations are correct, each participant eats about 9 - 11 dozen cookies (108 - 132 cookies*) at the event before returning home with a dozen?

This sound a lot like the movie Invasion of the Bee Girls, wherein the title characters couldn't ever seem to eat enough sugar to be satisfied. Complications ensued.

* Full disclosure -- I used my calculator for this.
    Last edited by SPlKE; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:06 PM. Reason: I actually read the post I quoted and realized my answer is stupid.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dir-t View Post
    I don't fully have my head wrapped around it either but a lot get eaten at the party during the judging/voting process. Come to think of it, we probably get a dozen of EACH type of cookie. She only went the first year and has come up with excuses to miss it the past 2 or 3.
    Well if you're getting back a dozen of each cookie, what are they judging/voting on? Your statements are about as inconsistent as a certain aspiring pedal developer. We want answers. The other threads are dying.

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Quote Originally Posted by ogre View Post
    Well if you're getting back a dozen of each cookie, what are they judging/voting on? Your statements are about as inconsistent as a certain aspiring pedal developer. We want answers. The other threads are dying.
    Good question.

Since the 2019 version of this cookie orgy has not yet occurred, can we send Roger, susser extraordinaire, to suss out the facts?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    And I want to respond to the OP's original question.

Yes, you can get a lethal dose of Hallmark. It's one thing if that crap plays in your humble abode (as it does in mine), but if you're not man enough to find a diversion in another room, go for a bike ride even if it's crappy outside, go somewhere else, or find a need to suddenly do that small home repair in a loud an obnoxious manner, then you should probably shoot yourself. I imagine it's already been done somewhere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12