Q: What has 16 arms, 16 legs, and weighs 97 lbs?
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Gruntled
    Reputation: Jim Nazium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,737

    Q: What has 16 arms, 16 legs, and weighs 97 lbs?

    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    A: The US womens' Olympic gymnastics team.


    //every 4 years I get to tell that joke
    It's funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's hilarious.

  2. #2
    i like whiskey
    Reputation: innergel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    8,405
    The US team actually have a little bit of curves this year.

    The Chinese team looks like a bunch of 12 year olds.

  3. #3
    Hermia commutes
    Reputation: chatterbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,496
    Quote Originally Posted by innergel
    The US team actually have a little bit of curves this year.

    The Chinese team looks like a bunch of 12 year olds.

    That's because there's wide suspicion that 3 of the Chinese girls are actually 14, not the required 16.
    Apparently the average weight of the Chinese team is 77 lbs. The US average is 106. Complete with curves.

  4. #4
    More cowbell!
    Reputation: Cyclo-phile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,527
    And very nice curves at that, especially Sacramone.
    DFL > DNF > DNS

  5. #5
    Adorable Furry Hombre
    Reputation: Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    28,148
    Quote Originally Posted by innergel
    The Chinese team looks like a bunch of 12 year olds.

    I think you're still overestimating on that....but then again, folks call me a cynic.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

  6. #6
    Two scoops of inertia.
    Reputation: Dr. Placebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by chatterbox
    That's because there's wide suspicion that 3 of the Chinese girls are actually 14, not the required 16.
    Apparently the average weight of the Chinese team is 77 lbs. The US average is 106. Complete with curves.
    you say 16 but one of the gymnasts from russia or elsewhere was quoted on screen as being 15.
    "Do I need to tell you what the f*ck you can do with an aluminum tube? ALUMINUM!"

  7. #7
    Game on, b*tches!
    Reputation: Kram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    13,467
    I would've guessed the Chinese women's gymnastics team. They're supposed to be at least 16 years old. Right.
    Originally Posted by tetter
    'Pain is temporary, and there might be beer at the finish line'

    "Karma is spread in lots of different ways. You know, like herpes."
    catzilla
    "I'm an American male. This is pizza. Leave me alone!"
    Alton Brown
    ohnoIaintsuckingnomore.blogspot.com



  8. #8
    Collin's Dad
    Reputation: phil.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,858
    They can compete at 15yrs old as long as they turn 16 in the same year.

  9. #9
    Devoid of all flim-flam
    Reputation: Mapei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,121
    If the Bureaucracy that Rules Gymnastics altered the judging rules so that form, line and grace were just as important, if not more important, than acrobatic skills, the age of the gymnasts would begin to go up.

    Also, maybe my memory is a little fuzzy but I think Nadia Commenici was fourteen when she had the world at her feet. That was in 1976, at the Montreal Games.
    Mapie is a conventional looking former Hollywood bon viveur, now leading a quiet life in a house made of wood by an isolated beach. He has cultivated a taste for culture, and is a celebrated raconteur amongst his local associates, who are artists, actors, and other leftfield/eccentric types. I imagine he has a telescope, and an unusual sculpture outside his front door. He is also a beach comber. The Rydster.

  10. #10
    Yo no fui.
    Reputation: Pablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    8,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclo-phile
    And very nice curves at that, especially Sacramone.
    By "curves," do you mean falls?
    "It is better to conquer yourself, than to win a thousand battles." -Dhammapada

    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

    "A true cyclist sometimes has to bite the dust before he can reach the stars. Laurent Fignon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.