RBR is dead

Printable View

  • 08-09-2019
    SystemShock
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Eretz View Post
    Still looking for that deep rudder to quote myself in my sig.

    Best leave that to the professionals, son. Aka ďdonít try this at home.Ē
    .
  • 08-09-2019
    Eretz
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XMDcL9ePfGc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • 08-09-2019
    Eretz
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    Best leave that to the professionals, son. Aka ďdonít try this at home.Ē
    .

    At this point you grab my arm at the Iowa State fest and tell me face to face you were the first to vote on ... oars ...something, AND as such and so forth maps.

    The professional
  • 08-09-2019
    SystemShock
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Eretz View Post
    At this point you grab my arm at the Iowa State fest and tell me face to face you were the first to vote on ... oars ...something, AND as such and so forth maps.

    The professional

    I am honored to be present in one of your many acid flashbacks.
    .
  • 08-09-2019
    Eretz
    Tacky
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
    Seamanís Friend: A Treatise on Practical Seamanship.




    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    $668.00 on Amazon and flown to your door via drone?
    https://pictures.abebooks.com/MGTD/22785251275.jpg
  • 08-09-2019
    Eretz
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    I am honored to be present in one of your many acid flashbacks.
    .

    Still in attendance for a winter car thread.
  • 08-09-2019
    SystemShock
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Eretz View Post
    Still in attendance for a winter car thread.

    Blame the Germans. No Taycan release, no comparo.
    .
  • 08-09-2019
    Eretz
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    Blame the Germans. No Taycan release, no comparo.
    .

    Your cinema reviews are absolutely spot on, but do the one on one titles. I had issues with the "mix" stuff. People LOVE your cinema reviews in general and ar pretty much amazing. You car reviews are unopinionated. They allow the flow to free contribution and are perhaps one of the best Lounge "chargers" in off season available for the internet.


    The Lounge and "RBR" is a stand up place for anyone with a good sense of humour, thick-skinned mentality and an ability to honour genious. Whom you possess.
  • 08-10-2019
    Wetworks
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by bvber View Post
    Maybe OP doesn't like to search topics. When I started reading this forum, I almost always found helpful info on x, y, z just by searching.

    I don't use the 'New Posts' option. I have like 6 sub-fora that open in separate tabs and I mostly just read those. Those are General, Lounge, Specialized, Components and Wrenching, Regional, and Pro Cycling. If I need to read up or ask a question on something like Wheels, I go there from General. Works for me!
  • 08-10-2019
    Andy69
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Eretz View Post
    $668.00 on Amazon and flown to your door via drone?
    https://pictures.abebooks.com/MGTD/22785251275.jpg

    I got my 1857 copy for $8 at an antique shop in Eureka Springs in 2004. That stays on the shelf though, most of the wear is on my paperback reprint.

    Had no idea they went for that much nowadays.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • 08-10-2019
    PlatyPius
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    PO isnít the problem. The problem is that about 98% of RBR traffic are lurkers who seldom or never contribute anything. :(

    Far as PO goes, itís a madhouse, but at least ppl there post.
    .

    I'd still rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo...
  • 08-10-2019
    SystemShock
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by PlatyPius View Post
    I'd still rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo...

    That oneís always been a tough call. :lol:
    .
  • 08-10-2019
    Andy69
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by PlatyPius View Post
    I'd still rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo...

    Iíd rather you fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo as well


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • 08-10-2019
    hfc
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
    Coming about is turning across the wind with the wind at the bow
    Jibing is turning across the wind with the wind astern

    When jibing, the movement of the boom in a fore and aft rig is quick and forceful, and if you are in the way youíll get knocked around or knocked overboard.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    Actually, looking at it again I stand corrected. Carry on lads.
  • 08-10-2019
    SystemShock
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
    Iíd rather [Plat] fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo as well

    Didnít know you were into teh goat pr0n, Andrew. :eek:

    Iíd get help for that... itís just baa-aaad news.
    .
  • 08-10-2019
    Andy69
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    Didnít know you were into teh goat pr0n, Andrew. :eek:

    Iíd get help for that... itís just baa-aaad news.
    .

    Sounds like youíve done both yourself [emoji13]


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • 08-10-2019
    Eretz
    -Woody Allen "When Men Were Men and Sheep were Nervous..."
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by PlatyPius View Post
    I'd still rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo...

    Adult language and so on and so forth, and such as.

    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/B94lP-fZyLk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • 08-10-2019
    SystemShock

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
    Sounds like youíve done both yourself [emoji13]

    Oh, I wouldnít call your mom a goat. :smilewinkgrin:
    .
  • 08-10-2019
    old_fuji
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jetdog9 View Post
    I have to admit I'm one of the people that also thinks something should be done to put cycling to the forefront of this place and not PO... like a way to easily hide PO in "new posts" list without having to get some 3rd party tool.

    That said, I think some of the sour grapes from OP come from the responses he got in this thread:
    https://forums.roadbikereview.com/sa...ht-368793.html

    At the end of the day, if you don't agree with a post that doesn't mean it's useless, and if you can't understand a decent point somebody might be making... well that might be your own fault.

    And you gotta let things go like water off a duck's back even when people are a little aggro in their responses. Hmm, maybe I should put up another post about how compact cranks are unnecessary so I can practice what I preach.

    I've said it dozens of times before: There's a very simple, one-line bit of code present in the VBulletin software (that RBR uses) that will exclude specific subforums from the "new posts" feed, both on a PC browser and on Tapatalk. Our sister site MTBR uses it, why don't we?
  • 08-10-2019
    bvber
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Eretz View Post
    Adult language and so on and so forth, and such as.

    But that's about a sheep. The other 2 guys were talking about goat. :hand:
  • 08-11-2019
    blackfrancois
    how do we know know the op isn't really a russian goon trying his best to shut down this site and win the cold war against online cycling forums?
  • 08-12-2019
    proclaimer888
    Tis not dead, only more interesting.....deep, satisfying and I must say, original stuff in here.
  • 08-12-2019
    SPlKE
    There's nothing wrong with syphilitic goats. My motto is: Any port in a storm. (To extend the sailing metaphor.)

    Cervelo is a whole nother level of gross.
  • 08-12-2019
    Touch0Gray
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
    Coming about is turning across the wind with the wind at the bow
    Jibing is turning across the wind with the wind astern

    When jibing, the movement of the boom in a fore and aft rig is quick and forceful, and if you are in the way youíll get knocked around or knocked overboard.

    I found out that if you are sailing a catamaran, you can easily flip it end over end if you do it just right! ALTHOUGH...I have managed to flip a mono-hull end over end when I caught a gust about 3 seconds before I was going sail it right onto the beach. Said beach (on Key Biscayne) was absolutely PACKED on that particular saturday afternoon and Rob and I got a standing ovation from easily a hundred people!
  • 08-12-2019
    old_fuji
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post
    There's nothing wrong with syphilitic goats. My motto is: Any port in a storm. (To extend the sailing metaphor.)

    Cervelo is a whole nother level of gross.

    I take it that while Trek makes good bikes, Cervelo doesn't.