a "real job" vs being a 419 scammer
    waterproof*

a "real job" vs being a 419 scammer

So, these guys apparently manage to scam millions of $ per year... one estimate says "an experienced scammer can expect to make at least several thousand dollars per successful scam letter."

And when they send crap like below... heck I know I can do better than that.

So, compose an email, spam it out, profit... what could go wrong?

FROM THE DESK OF CHIEF AUDITOR
    INTERNATIONAL AUDITING DEPARTMENT
    OFFSHORE CREDIT COMMISSION
    EMAIL ADDRESS: [email protected]

RE: YOUR OUTSTANDING REMITTANCE AMOUNT DISCOVERED

I AM WRITING TO YOU IN A TOP CONFIDENTIAL LEVEL AS I MADE AN ASTONISHING DISCOVERY DURING THE COURSE OF MY AUDITING FOR THE JUST CONCLUDED FISCAL YEAR.

A WHOPPING SUM THAT RUNS INTO MILLIONS OF UNITED STATES DOLLARS WAS UNCOVERED BY ME WITH YOUR NAME AS THE MAIN BENEFICIARY. THIS FUND WAS ORIGINALLY TRANSFERRED TO THIS OFFICE BY YOUR PARTNERS AFTER WHICH THEY OPTED FOR PAYMENT IN A DIFFERENT LOCATION. UNFORTUNATELY THE FUND WAS RETURNED HERE IN OUR OFFICE AS THE SAFEST VENUE FOR DISBURSEMENT. EVER SINCE THEN NOBODY HAS COME FOR THE CLAIM.

ALTHOUGH YOU HAVE BEEN MAKING SERIES OF SEPARATE FRUITLESS ARRANGEMENT TO HAVE THIS PAYMENT RECEIVED FROM ELSEWHERE BUT THE WHOLE TRUTH IS THAT YOUR FUND HAS BEEN LYING HERE WAITING FOR IMMEDIATE PAYMENT.

NOTE THAT IF YOU KEEP ON DEALING WITH THOSE PEOPLE IN DIFFERENT LOCATIONS, THEY WILL NOT SUCCEED IN FINALIZING YOUR PAYMENT HENCE YOUR FUND IS LYING HERE UNCLAIMED AND THIS THEY WILL NOT TELL AS THEY ARE INTERESTED IN EXTORTION.

CONSEQUENTLY, I WISH TO ASSIST YOU TO RELEASE THIS FUND ONLY IF YOU ARE WILLING TO PLAY ALONG WITH ME AND MAINTAIN A HIGH LEVEL OF CONFIDENTIALITY AS MY OFFICE IS AT STAKE IF ANYONE SHOULD KNOW OF MY INVOLVEMENT TO ASSIST YOU.

FURTHERMORE, I SHALL BE REQUESTING FOR COMPENSATION ONCE YOUR PAYMENT IS FINALIZED AND YOU RECEIVE IT IN YOUR PREFERRED BANK ACCOUNT.
    ONLY THEN I SHALL SEND MY BANK DETAILS FOR ANY REASONABLE COMPENSATION YOU WHICH TO GIVE TO ME.

IT IS IMPORTANT YOU REALIZE THAT I AM IN THE POSITION TO MAKE USE OF MY AUTHORITY HERE TO GET THIS REMITTANCE FINALIZED WITHIN 48HRS, ONCE MY REQUEST HAS BEEN ACCEPTED AND I HAVE YOUR WRITTEN ASSURANCE AS TO THIS REGARDS.

IF THIS IS ACCEPTABLE TO YOU, PLEASE GET BACK TO ME WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION TO ENABLE URGENT CONCLUSION.

1) CONFIRMATION OF YOUR WILLINGNESS TO COMPENSATE ME THEREAFTER.

2) YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBERS

UPON THE RECEIPT OF THE ABOVE I SHALL IMMEDIATELY COMMENCE ON THE TRANSFER FORMALITIES.

AWAITING YOUR URGENT COOPERATION AS I AM INTERESTED IN AN URGENT CONCLUSION OF THIS ISSUE.

REGARDS
    BENSON THOMAS
    * not actually a Rock Star

corning my own beef
    all caps = very, VERY important!

URGENT!!

see? your heart rate just went up a couple ticks....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People who say, "Laughter is the best medicine.." have never been on the receiving end of a morphine drip..

ноожеяз ай вщоw?
    -VaughnA

A fool and his money were damned lucky to have bumped into each other in the first place.

Call me a Fred
    Benson Thomas happens to be a friend of mine. I have contacted him and he has agreed to allow me to be his The Lounge agent and expedite the payment of the funds. Just PM me your bank(s) routing numbers and account numbers and I will personally make sure that at least one lounger will have a very Merry Christmas.
    Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may starch my jumper
    Hang it upside your wall
    You know by that, baby
    I need my ashes hauled.

Sleepy John Estes

H

hit it
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBiker View Post
    Benson Thomas happens to be a friend of mine. I have contacted him and he has agreed to allow me to be his The Lounge agent and expedite the payment of the funds. Just PM me your bank(s) routing numbers and account numbers and I will personally make sure that at least one lounger will have a very Merry Christmas.
    Routing - 11000012345
    Account # - 00000004 (I've been a customer a long time)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty2Hotty View Post
    But I'm not a douche. I'm awesome.

Resident Dutchbag
    You had me at "DISBURSEMENT".
    Originally posted by thatsmybush:
    I can only speak for my self, but if Fergie wanted to rub her lovely lady lumps on me, I could play the role of "human stripper pole."