Runaway Bride & Groom
    RoadBikeReview Member

Runaway Bride & Groom

she spells it Bryde and she left him at the altar.

Hey! JCavila!!!!

"Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee."

I know, that sounds a lot like "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn." Coincidence.

BTW, it's "Rainer."
    Last edited by Akirasho; 1 Week Ago at 04:06 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Awesome! That's a tale whose telling will buy Rainer a beer or two in years to come.

Fortunately for him, that's a baleen whale and has no teeth (unlike the sperm whale Moby-Dick) and would only scoop something as large as a man by accident, so it would spit him out quickly.
    "None of us knows for sure what's out there; that's why we keep looking. Keep your faith; travel hopefully. The universe will surprise you, constantly." The 13th Doctor.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2014
    Rainer, who is director of Dive Expert Tours, had set off with a team to document a sardine run when events took a surprising turn off Port Elizabeth Harbour, east of Cape Town.

WTF.. crappy reporting... Port Elizabeth is not just a little east of Cape Town.. it';s a f'ing 8 hours drive (okay.. 6 the way I drive but that is a conversation for another day). It is dead center almost between Cape Town and Durban, and is a giant city of it's own that does not need to be tied to another city....

PS.. I was born and grew up in Port Elizabeth.. and in the 20 or so years I lived there, I never saw a whale, plenty of sharks and dolphins and other things (I am a certified diver)... but never a whale.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ljvb View Post
    WTF.. crappy reporting... Port Elizabeth is not just a little east of Cape Town.. it';s a f'ing 8 hours drive (okay.. 6 the way I drive but that is a conversation for another day).
    Stories like this often have editor's fingerprints all over 'em, thus the original write mighta' been accurate to within a meter but editor needed SPACE.

Quote Originally Posted by ljvb View Post
    PS.. I was born and grew up in Port Elizabeth.. and in the 20 or so years I lived there, I never saw a whale, plenty of sharks and dolphins and other things (I am a certified diver)... but never a whale.
    Whales don't find you attractive. Get over it.

This story needed transitions like... spit outta the whale's mouth, into a Great White who was simultaneously being attacked by an Orca, being chased by a mob of angry leopard seals...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Is this what would be called "a whale of a good time"?
    Too old to ride plastic

Rub it............
    What a whale of a story.
    You can't fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeDaddio

I kind of wish it were legal to staple people in the face.