Saw new Tarantino film

Printable View

• 08-02-2019
    Mapei
    Saw new Tarantino film
    Me and Sogno saw Once Upon a Time in Hollywood last night. A treat! I won't give out any spoilers, and some have complained that it debases genuine events, but if you keep the film's title in mind as you watch it'll all make perfect (okay, close-to-perfect) sense. Pitt and diCaprio are an ingratiating pair. Potential actor noms aplenty. Pace is leisurely but it never drags. I grew up in that area of L.A. during that period and Tarantino pretty much nails how I remember it. Of course, there's no shortage of Tarantino-esque flair. He doesn't forget the eye candy, either. Women show lots of leg. Pitt shows lots of chest. Worth a look.
  • 08-03-2019
    Eretz
    Thanks Mapei - Previews exposes Tarantino-esque flair as stated
  • 08-30-2019
    pmf
    I liked it. A lot of stuff in the film that I remembered as a kid. I thought DiCaprio did a fantastic job in the film. Pitt was good, but DiCaprio really shone. No one spoiled it for me, so I won't either. Worth a trip to the movie theater.
  • 09-03-2019
    davelikestoplay
    I agree.. It was one of Quentin's better films.
  • 09-03-2019
    hfc
    I really enjoyed it. I agree that the pace is leisurely and story builds slowly but I didn't mind and it allowed time to soak up more details of the film making. I saw it with my 19 year old son and he didn't like it as much although he goes to UCLA and saw them filmng the bit of the theater in Westwood, so he got a kick out of that. If you're not familiar with the details of the Sharon Tate story, I think brushing up on that beforehand enhances enjoyment of the movie; I think why it missed a little with my son.

That's not a spoiler, common knowledge, right? I'll delete if consensus says.
  • 09-03-2019
    pmf
    I think the film will appeal less to the younger crowd. Even though I was just a kid when the movie takes place, a lot of it contained things that I recall from back then. My kids would probably consider it boring.
  • 09-03-2019
    Mapei
    Nice to see a couple of responses. For a moment there I thought the Lounge was truly dead. As for the Tarantino film, I guess it's already a candidate for TCM.