Scared The SCHLITZ Outta Me...
    RoadBikeReview Member

Scared The SCHLITZ Outta Me...

lead story for noon news was accident involving car and mini bus... car looked like MOM's.

Called her home phone with no answer... called area ERs... called Sherriff... Left msgs on her machine... no joy.

Just called back... went out to get hair cut.

After the Prince Phillip affair, I'm putting Mom on house arrest. Stylist can come to her!!!!!!!!!

Will start breathing again later today... I expect my heart to start back up by Saturday evening.

Proud luddite
    Quote Originally Posted by Akirasho View Post
    lead story for noon news was accident involving car and mini bus... car looked like MOM's.

Called her home phone with no answer... called area ERs... called Sherriff... Left msgs on her machine... no joy.

Just called back... went out to get hair cut.

After the Prince Phillip affair, I'm putting Mom on house arrest. Stylist can come to her!!!!!!!!!

Will start breathing again later today... I expect my heart to start back up by Saturday evening.
    I'm there with you...my mom will soon turn 82 and her driving skills are declining. Not at the point now where she should stop driving, but I know it's coming....and how do you know when that point is reached? Lots of grey area, with loss of independence on the line as well as the safety of her and the general public. No fun dealing with these sorts of things when your parents are aging. I would like to say that when I reach the point when I should stop driving, I will make the decision myself and willingly, but I know in reality when the time comes I'll be digging my heels in. Ugh.

RoadBikeReview Member
    If Mom shouldn't be driving then you can likely bring your concerns to the DMV. I did this after my mother's second accident in a short interval. They sent her a letter telling her to get a letter from a doctor stating she was medically fit to drive.

This is how NJ handles it:

https://www.nj.gov/mvc/drivertopics/reportconcern.htm