Share your hot cocoa recipe
    RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2005

Share your hot cocoa recipe

Now the cold weather is on us for most of us, does anyone want to share their hot cocoa recipe?

I'd like to use powdered cocoa, some chocolate chips in it, sugar of course, want to stay away from the heavy cream and use skim milk. Will it still taste good with skim milk but using chocolate chips?

Beetpull DeLite
    Maybe try some tasty chocolate, not just crappy run of the mill chips. Slice thin slivers from some Scharffen Berger 62% cocoa baking chocolate or something like that.

Other than that, I have no clue.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Heated rice milk, Hershey's cocoa powder and a bit of sugar.

Or, standard packaged hot chocolate w/a Bengal Spice teabag thrown in there. Yeehah!

Oh yes, and don't forget to liven up a plain ol' hot chocolate by mixing it with a (peppermint) candy cane.

GIMME MY BIKE!
    Quik + Milk + Heat

mr. von likes his more fancy.
    Harrow: "You have to finish it, lad. You have to finish it. For a man to lay beaten... and yet breathing? It makes him a coward."

Inara: "It's humiliation."

Mal: "Sure. It would be humiliating. Having to lie there while the better man refuses to spill your blood... Mercy is the mark of a great man. (lightly stabs Atherton with the sword) Guess I'm just a good man. (stabs him again) Well, I'm all right."

Big is relative
    Put booze in it. Something like peppermint schnapps. Otherwise, a shot of creme syrup really jazzes it up.
    Retired sailor

RoadBikeReview Member
    1/3 evaporated milk heated slowly in a sauce pan. Add 1/3 normal milk. Add 1/3 condensed milk. Add Godiva hot chocolate powder (whatever flavor floats your boat). Add 2 shots of Bailey's Irish Cream per mug serving. Add a splash of gran marnier.

Serve in a mug that has been pre-heated in the oven for 10 mins at 200C (note use a mug that is of good quality).

Add sugar to desire.

Enjoy.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2005
    I was thinking about when the cocoa was done, add some Malibu Coconut Rum to it.

I did a drink the other night, oj, cranberry juice, and a shot of Malibu Rum.

Large Suburban Male
    Any hot chocolate tastes better with butterscotch schnapps. Even the crappiest bottom of the barrel store brand.
    “The 'Net is a waste of time, and that's exactly what's right about it.”
    William Gibson

RoadBikeReview Member
    I love when you go to Starbucks and ask for a low-fat hot chocolate, then they ask if you want whipped cream on it. "Ohhhh........okay. Just a *little*!"

Sep 2005
    1/2 cup skim milk
    1/2 cup favorite Mudslide mix
    1 shot Baileys Mint Liquor
    You can ride a BIG WHEEL as long as it puts a smile on your face.

your text here
    1) dump some swiss miss cup
    2) add enough liquor to make a thick paste
    3) dump in boiling water
    4) add some mini mallows

step 2 stops the powedered stuff from clumping when you add the water. if you dont want alcohol in it, just add enough water to make a paste.
    I don't normally "do people." - Dr. Roebuck

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence
    Now the cold weather is on us for most of us, does anyone want to share their hot cocoa recipe?

I'd like to use powdered cocoa, some chocolate chips in it, sugar of course, want to stay away from the heavy cream and use skim milk. Will it still taste good with skim milk but using chocolate chips?
    Get powdered hot cocoa mix from shelf, pour into cup of hot water. Give to kids. Take rocks glass from shelf, put in two ice cubes, pour 2 fingers of bourbon. Enjoy.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking