Sneaking back after a few too many. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Russian Troll Farmer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxtox View Post
    I lasted about a month on BF...

what's considered good-natured snark here is ban-worthy there.

if you're into being constantly lectured by a cadre of recumbent riders, it's the right place for you.
    I had a little fun over at bikeforms a few years ago; I created a new account under a name had the word "troll" spelled backwards in it. I played a part of a new cyclist who was really excited about his newly acquired Schwinn LeTour. I made posts about brinnelling a headset, choosing 700c tires on a bike with 27" wheels, you know, all the dumb newbie things that they cover incessantly over there. Not a single moderator ever questioned my obvious stupidity.
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    If you think PO here is bad, you should have seen PO there back in the mid 2000s.

There was this annoying sock puppet that called itself Hanna Montana, and alternated between posting sex teases to rev up the old farts there... and then posting death-to-the-patriarchy feminist crap.

The most embarrassing thing to see was the old farts there fawning over "her" sex teases, and basically slobbering all over themselves, complimenting "her" for what they visualized "her" to be like in person. Yes, "she" used pics of the Miley Cyrus character Hannah Montana in various posts. Sad sht from a bunch of sad sacks.

I suspected that Tom Stormcrowe was the hand inside the Hannah Montana sock. I didn't stick around long enough to see if Hannah Montana disappeared when Tom died.

Boobies!
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    I have been spending most of my days on the bike, it seems to help shut the effing voices in my head up. I will probably crack 4300 miles tomorrow. Between my baby sister dying and appointing me to clean up the mess, my best friend getting diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer, my 92 1/2 yr old mom being hospitalized a time or so, I desperately need a diversion. Let me assure you watching the dog and pony show on Faceplant has NOT been high on my list of priorities. I use messenger a lot though.The format here is by far superior to the other place. At least I can find my own posts.

I REALLY missed the comaradery at the end of June with Team Collin
    Sorry about your sister, the clean-up, your friend and your mum--and the aftermath.

2020 is turning out to be a hell of a year--we just got back from VA, where we buried my MIL's 'gentleman friend' who had recently turned 93--nothing like being a pall bearer to focus your mind a little.

Glad to hear you're riding to keep sane.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
    -Hanlon's Razor

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by paredown View Post
    Sorry about your sister, the clean-up, your friend and your mum--and the aftermath.

2020 is turning out to be a hell of a year--we just got back from VA, where we buried my MIL's 'gentleman friend' who had recently turned 93--nothing like being a pall bearer to focus your mind a little.

Glad to hear you're riding to keep sane.
    say what? SANE? what the hell gave you that impression , lol. That is not, was not and never will be the goal! I thought you were a friend.....

Although, me logging so many miles MAY well be keeping at least a few people alive. I think I had a streak where I rode 60 out of 61 days. Tomorrow I hope to crack 4350. I did have to "sub-split" some wood to bring in today for small fires, the season is getting a bit "long of tooth". Weather monkeys are talking about a good solid frost in the next day or so.

I just bought myself a new weather station after using an old Meade/Honeywell for 12 years, the sensors and console still work fine but the software blew up on one of the recent win10 updates. I can guess at least as good as the guys/gals they pay on TV.

I agree about carrying a person to their final resting place....it gets your attention.
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

Spicy Dumpling
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    I have been spending most of my days on the bike, it seems to help shut the effing voices in my head up. I will probably crack 4300 miles tomorrow. Between my baby sister dying and appointing me to clean up the mess, my best friend getting diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer, my 92 1/2 yr old mom being hospitalized a time or so, I desperately need a diversion. Let me assure you watching the dog and pony show on Faceplant has NOT been high on my list of priorities. I use messenger a lot though.The format here is by far superior to the other place. At least I can find my own posts.

I REALLY missed the comaradery at the end of June with Team Collin
    It's been a tough year all around for us and I understand. We were in the airport coming home from my hip replacement when the Missus got the news on her possible breast cancer. 2 weeks later and she was planning treatment. Ad all of this while completely gutting and rebuilding a recently flooded basement. Closing the location where I've worked for 30 years to top it off. At least I have a job and the missus is getting better.

I did miss Team Collin getting together in June. Hopefully we can do it next year although it may be in Charlotte. Maybe we can recruit a few more from here.

THe other place was just pissing me off with the politics and constant lies of ads etc. I think the final straw was RBG dying and knowing it would be a shart show of yelling for the next week. I just shut it down for now. It's taken a week and now I really don't miss it. Haven't ridden much due to the weather but I'm playing the guitar and reading more.
    If I were to beat you senseless with a tire iron, what color would you bleed?..The Missus

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnA View Post
    It's been a tough year all around for us and I understand. We were in the airport coming home from my hip replacement when the Missus got the news on her possible breast cancer. 2 weeks later and she was planning treatment. Ad all of this while completely gutting and rebuilding a recently flooded basement. Closing the location where I've worked for 30 years to top it off. At least I have a job and the missus is getting better.

I did miss Team Collin getting together in June. Hopefully we can do it next year although it may be in Charlotte. Maybe we can recruit a few more from here.

THe other place was just pissing me off with the politics and constant lies of ads etc. I think the final straw was RBG dying and knowing it would be a shart show of yelling for the next week. I just shut it down for now. It's taken a week and now I really don't miss it. Haven't ridden much due to the weather but I'm playing the guitar and reading more.
    I have been flirting with my guitar but I am coming to the same conclusion as the last 50 times. At least, without sitting at the bench all day, my fingers aren't bleeding. I agree with the trash talk on F~book, l have cut my time on it back to practically none. I never really liked the format, which they changed for the worse, the ads which I totally ignore and the fact that my friends bailed makes it easier.
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12