Sneaking back after a few too many.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spicy Dumpling

Sneaking back after a few too many.

I'm back. Snuck in last night after killing my account at the other place that shall not be named. Hope I didn't wake anyone when I tripped over the dog and stepped on the cat. Expect to see more of me here at the old home place.
    If I were to beat you senseless with a tire iron, what color would you bleed?..The Missus

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    It's a bit like watching paint dry around here...and not always an interesting color.

Spicy Dumpling
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
    It's a bit like watching paint dry around here...and not always an interesting color.
    At least the paint isn't constantly fighting with the paints of a different color.
    If I were to beat you senseless with a tire iron, what color would you bleed?..The Missus

RoadBikeReview Member
    Donít worry. Thereís another prolific poster from here thatís been giving mechanical advice over there Itís kinda funny when they question his advice and knowledge.

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Quote Originally Posted by ogre View Post
    Donít worry. Thereís another prolific poster from here thatís been giving mechanical advice over there Itís kinda funny when they question his advice and knowledge.
    That I'd like to see, if the person we're talking about is the one who often offers helpful advice to n00bs about which appropriate subforum a question should be posted in.

Russian Troll Farmer
    Oh, yes....links, please!!!
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

Stumpcake!
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnA View Post
    I'm back. Snuck in last night after killing my account at the other place that shall not be named. Hope I didn't wake anyone when I tripped over the dog and stepped on the cat. Expect to see more of me here at the old home place.
    Geez, I thought we changed the locks on the doors! I guess we left a window open or something!

I deleted all my social media accounts except LinkedIn back in June. It's amazing how much happier I am (to the point that even Mrs Tcon noticed).
    "Indecision may or may not be my problem."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by No Time Toulouse View Post
    Oh, yes....links, please!!!
    Here's one

https://www.bikeforums.net/bicycle-m...s-housing.html

Spicy Dumpling
    Quote Originally Posted by tconrady View Post
    Geez, I thought we changed the locks on the doors! I guess we left a window open or something!

I deleted all my social media accounts except LinkedIn back in June. It's amazing how much happier I am (to the point that even Mrs Tcon noticed).
    Man, Imagine meeting you here. I disabled mine and I think I'll enable it for Team Collin fundraising then off again. 24 Hours and I'm liking it already. The Missus needs it to sell her art so she is still on. Happy to see you here, now we need to get a few more of the old guard back here.

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Well well well. I'm certain that this cxwrench character is 110% wrong about cables not stretching and strands settling in.

I think I'll just march right over there and correct him.

Clearly, this so-called cxwrench fellow has never heard of my oven-freezer-shrink re-annealing* method to de-stretch cables and un-settle settled-in strands.

*Requires copious amounts of heated ProLink.

Spicy Dumpling
    Quote Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post
    Well well well. I'm certain that this cxwrench character is 110% wrong about cables not stretching and strands settling in.

I think I'll just march right over there and correct him.

Clearly, this so-called cxwrench fellow has never heard of my oven-freezer-shrink re-annealing* method to de-stretch cables and un-settle settled-in strands.

I'm just trying to figure out how this relates to this thread..

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    A respected wrench from here, cxwrench, was having some disagreements over at the "other" place.

I was commenting, trying to have a laff, about how the thread over at the other place could possibly use some sht stirring, from me, and what that might look like.

hfc
    Doesn't like subtitles
    Hope you brought your livestock cause this place is a goat town.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Things have been really dead around here. It's kind of like some sort of pandemic in these threads.

Your OP was about straying into the nether-regions, and I showed a parallel link regarding another longtime member. The other thread is actually kind of funny, as one poster stated he/she preferred 'aged' cables that were pre-stretched, and another posted stated that the strands 'wound tighter'.

We all need to stretch to get some laffs around here. Yeah, that forum has a lot more activity than RBR has but I swear, if you go in there, expect to lose a few IQ points.

I do feel like a certain poster is 'cheating' on us, but we haven't been putting out

Proud luddite
    You can only come back if you promise to poop a leaf. We have standards here now.

Frog Whisperer
    The other unmentioned place rarely crosses my radar any more. I don't need to cancel, I just don't use it much. Actually, I have been dealing with real life and am essentially trying to figure out how to walk away from that too!

I am seriously considering getting rid of the the TV too!

At least the people in here aren't idiots........
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

Spicy Dumpling
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    At least the people in here aren't idiots........
    I wouldn't go that far... But as a general rule you are correct;-)

It's been 3 days and I'm getting used to not glancing at the phone. But I'm having time to read, play the guitar or enjoy a TV show without a computer in my lap. I am still watching tv but it's streaming, not cable news, or even news. Right now I'm finishing up the Grant miniseries.

I'll probably start a few threads here then get back into the mode of just occasional views.

Russian Troll Farmer
    Quote Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post

You anneal parts in your oven? Your wife must love you.....
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2014
    Wow, there's some serious brain damage in that thread. At first, I honestly thought some of the posters were just joking around. Are there any threads about washing and reusing toilet paper? Because I'd bet that a few would weigh in with their preferred methods.

CXwrench has waaaaay more patience than I do.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I lasted about a month on BF...

what's considered good-natured snark here is ban-worthy there.

if you're into being constantly lectured by a cadre of recumbent riders, it's the right place for you.
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

Frog Whisperer
    I wouldn't go that far... But as a general rule you are correct;-)

It's been 3 days and I'm getting used to not glancing at the phone. But I'm having time to read, play the guitar or enjoy a TV show without a computer in my lap. I am still watching tv but it's streaming, not cable news, or even news. Right now I'm finishing up the Grant miniseries.

I'll probably start a few threads here then get back into the mode of just occasional views.
    You could go for a ride? I almost never look at my phone while on the bike (4245 for the ytd) there are A few exceptions, FAMILY! And at that I probably call back.
    As for Facebook, I may have posted once a couple of years ago.

Spicy Dumpling
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    You could go for a ride? I almost never look at my phone while on the bike (4245 for the ytd) there are A few exceptions, FAMILY! And at that I probably call back.
    As for Facebook, I may have posted once a couple of years ago.
    It became a bad habit for me to keep watching BF in my spare time. I don't even carry it with me when home now.

Getting out on the mountain bike a good bit. The missus thinks she'll be up for a short MTB ride this weekend.

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Quote Originally Posted by No Time Toulouse View Post
    You anneal parts in your oven? Your wife must love you.....
    No, I don't. That was just the most ridiculous thing I could think of...

... as food for thought for all the non-cx participants in the thread about stretched cables over at the other place.

Frog Whisperer
    It became a bad habit for me to keep watching BF in my spare time. I don't even carry it with me when home now.

Getting out on the mountain bike a good bit. The missus thinks she'll be up for a short MTB ride this weekend.
    I have been spending most of my days on the bike, it seems to help shut the effing voices in my head up. I will probably crack 4300 miles tomorrow. Between my baby sister dying and appointing me to clean up the mess, my best friend getting diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer, my 92 1/2 yr old mom being hospitalized a time or so, I desperately need a diversion. Let me assure you watching the dog and pony show on Faceplant has NOT been high on my list of priorities. I use messenger a lot though.The format here is by far superior to the other place. At least I can find my own posts.

I REALLY missed the comaradery at the end of June with Team Collin

Spicy Dumpling
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc View Post
    Hope you brought your livestock cause this place is a goat town.
    You've seen where I live. It's an improvement;-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast