So how come Bakersfield, CA has ...
    toomanybikes

So how come Bakersfield, CA has ...

An arena called the Rabobank Arena?

I wasn't actually aware that Rabobank did any business in North America. Even so, doesn't Bakersfield seem like an odd place to buy naming rights for an arena?

Saw the signs for this on holiday and kept meaning to ask if anyone knew the skinny on it.

Back from the dead
    Jeeze, ever heard of Google???

The new collaboration between Rabobank and the City of Bakersfield represents a very positive opportunity for both parties. Rabobank owns Valley Independent Bank (VIB), which provides retail and commercial banking services throughout central and southern California, and which is in the process of changing its name to Rabobank. Since being acquired by Rabobank in 2002, VIB has increased its network to 25 branches located in numerous central and southern valley communities. The purchase of the arena and convention center naming rights will further solidify VIB and Rabobank’s commitment to Bakersfield and the surrounding region. The City will benefit from a new revenue source that will further strengthen the financial health of the complex.

http://www.bakersfieldcity.us/cityhi...ming/index.htm

toomanybikes
    Quote Originally Posted by mohair_chair
    Jeeze, ever heard of Google???

All I did was ask a question.

Thanks for the attitude.

I just won't ask anymore questions - OK?

Strained coccyx etc etc
    we got motherf****** snakes!
    One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know.

Genitive Declensioner
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanybikes
    An arena called the Rabobank Arena?

I wasn't actually aware that Rabobank did any business in North America. Even so, doesn't Bakersfield seem like an odd place to buy naming rights for an arena?

Saw the signs for this on holiday and kept meaning to ask if anyone knew the skinny on it.
    The only reason Bakersfield ever registered on my radar was I once knew an uber hot MILF that hailed from those parts.....only good thing to come out of the area as far as I know....FWIW
    Big Fan of the Callipygian Way
    "The collards tore my wife's stomach up and with her being pregnant and constipated it made for a smelly ride to the cabin in north Georgia." -gut
    "The term "steeping" brings to mind "tea-bagging" and, on far too many levels, I'm simply not comfortable with that." -antonio_b
    "People think maggots are a bad thing, but I'll bet they ate most of the feces he has been sitting in for the last two years. Go maggots! -Mohair

Strained coccyx etc etc
    Quote Originally Posted by svend
    The only reason Bakersfield ever registered on my radar was I once knew an uber hot MILF that hailed from those parts.....only good thing to come out of the area as far as I know....FWIW

PAP!!!!!!!
    One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know.

My back hurts
    I went to school with the daughter of the then-mayor of Bakersfield. By now, she's probably a MYLF.

I was driving home early sunday morning through bakersfield, listening to gospel music on the colored radio station . . . .

Strained coccyx etc etc
    Quote Originally Posted by mickey-mac
    I went to school with the daughter of the then-mayor of Bakersfield. By now, she's probably a MYLF.

I was driving home early sunday morning through bakersfield, listening to gospel music on the colored radio station . . . .
    what color?

My back hurts
    Quote Originally Posted by haiku d'etat
    what color?
    The mayor's daughter or the radio station? Moreon.

Genitive Declensioner

what's the punch line??
    "The collards tore my wife's stomach up and with her being pregnant and constipated it made for a smelly ride to the cabin in north Georgia." -gut
    "The term "steeping" brings to mind "tea-bagging" and, on far too many levels, I'm simply not comfortable with that." -antonio_b
    "People think maggots are a bad thing, but I'll bet they ate most of the feces he has been sitting in for the last two years. Go maggots! -Mohair

In need of sock puppet
    Q:what's the punch line??
    A: that the Stones are still performing?

My back hurts
    what's the punch line??
    and the preacher said, you know you've always got the lord on your side.

My back hurts
    Quote Originally Posted by thinkcooper
    A: that the Stones are still performing?
    That one actually mad me lol.

Jul 2005
    You are wrong! Perhaps you've heard of Merle f%$kin' Haggard or Buck Owens. Not to mention Chief Justice of the S.C. Earl Warren ( of Brown v Board of Ed and Miranda fame).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jul 2005
    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
    Twenty red lights in his honor
    Thank you Jesus, thank you lord

In need of sock puppet
    That one actually mad me lol.
    me too. I read it a couple of times, giggled each...

Genitive Declensioner
    Quote Originally Posted by whit417
    You are wrong! Perhaps you've heard of Merle f%$kin' Haggard or Buck Owens. Not to mention Chief Justice of the S.C. Earl Warren ( of Brown v Board of Ed and Miranda fame).

No, not wrong, I properly qualified my statement with an "as far as I know".....still the MILF has 'em all beat by a landslide.....she was that hot

Sep 2005
    So if yer down on yer luck
    'n life ain't worth a dime
    I Shaved My Legs For This?