Sole Survivor

Thread: Sole Survivor

your text here

Sole Survivor

can you imagine being the only survivor of a plane crash that killed over 100 people? i hope that kid doesnt get messed up in the head.

my grandma once told me she was in a car accident in which a doctor and two nurses were killed. she said she wonders every day why she was the one who lived on.
    I don't normally "do people." - Dr. Roebuck

Seat's not level
    I have a friend that was the only survivor of a car crash. Killed 2 classmates and the idjut that drove head on into them. It messed him up for a long time.
    • This forum requires that you wait 2 days between posts. Please try again in 17 hours.

rooster rubber
    My father was involved in 2 helicopter crashes in Vietnam. He was the only survivor of either crash - thirteen other people died. Of all the crazy things that happened to him there (including a 6 month stint as a POW) those two crashes seem to have had the most lasting effect on him.
    When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.
    -Mark Twain

Rep *****.
    My shipping manager lost his 5 sisters in a house fire when he was in grade school. He has a bad case of survivor guilt. He does nothing for himself and spends all his free time running a number of youth and community programs. I cant imagine the nightmares he has.

still shedding season
    I heard that story on the news this a.m. Not sure how old the kid is, but hopefully young enough not to really understand what happened.

Whatever happened to the pilot in the Louisville (?) crash a few years ago? He took off on too short of a runway. He lived, but everyone else on board was killed. I know he had no memory of it at least at the time, but I can't imagine living with that. It's on my mind because that story was on the news as I headed out the door that same morning to the airport...

Captain Obvious
    i was thinking the same thing when i saw the headline in the elevator this morning.
    And it just hurts in the very best way possible without a high priced dominatrix.---Ronsonic

I'm pretty confident that I've pissed off several dozen random strangers on the internet tonight.---Creakyknees

disclaimer---I make sh!t up as I go along.

Captain Obvious
    Quote Originally Posted by kykr13
    I heard that story on the news this a.m. Not sure how old the kid is, but hopefully young enough not to really understand what happened.

8 year old
    And it just hurts in the very best way possible without a high priced dominatrix.---Ronsonic

I'm pretty confident that I've pissed off several dozen random strangers on the internet tonight.---Creakyknees

disclaimer---I make sh!t up as I go along.

hold my beer n watch this
    It makes me sad to think that the child was probably traveling with on or both parents...

"El Bwana"
    "Pardon me, but could you help out a fellow American who's down on his luck?"

ToF
    yup
    I am reading now he is 10. He was part of a group of tourists, so no doubt his family was with him.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2008
    Ya they are saying he is 10 now. I suspect he will have more lasting issues growing up without parents, assuming they were with him.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2002
    Applicable movie or movies
    Last edited by ewitz; 05-12-2010 at 09:35 AM.

your text here
    fearless was the first move that came to my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ewitz
    Applicable movie or movies
    I don't normally "do people." - Dr. Roebuck

still shedding season
    All the books and movies...

This kid has it tough already, and I can't imagine all the publicity of a book or movie would bring to his/her life would help the situation. A few bucks to make life a little easier, maybe, but what does that really do?

Wisely Inconsistent
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaddy
    My father was involved in 2 helicopter crashes in Vietnam. He was the only survivor of either crash - thirteen other people died. Of all the crazy things that happened to him there (including a 6 month stint as a POW) those two crashes seem to have had the most lasting effect on him.
    That's eerie. My dad was the only survivor of one copter crash in Vietnam. He never talked about it, and I didn't even know it had happened until he told me about 4 months before he died. In retrospect, I can see how the experience really affected him.