STORM SANDY the Perfect Storm New Enland Folks - Page 11
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    No hero that's understood
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff G View Post
    Rob,
    Yep my employer is in Lambertville, if it isn't the river flooding its a power problem. I was out on the bike yesterday, first time in a long time, rode from home to Washington Crossing and back. PECO and other utility companies were out repairing the damage. Looks like I'll be off again today and tomorrow. JCPL estimates power back in Lambertville sometime Wednesday.

We should get together for a ride, are you in Mercer or Hunterdon County or PA? I know there are a couple of other regulars here in our area, haven't seen them post, they may not have power restored yet. Weekends work best for me.
    I live in Yardley too. We got our power back Saturday afternoon. 5 days in the dark and cold took a bigger toll on me than I thought it would. After it came back on, I felt almost instantly better. Amazing how that works. I spent the weekend cleaning up all the debris in my yard, but I'm horrendously behind on work stuff.

Rob, where are you in NJ? I had no idea you were close to Lambertville.
    Often wrong, never in doubt

i don't know
    Quote Originally Posted by q_and_a View Post
    I live in Yardley too. We got our power back Saturday afternoon. 5 days in the dark and cold took a bigger toll on me than I thought it would. After it came back on, I felt almost instantly better. Amazing how that works. I spent the weekend cleaning up all the debris in my yard, but I'm horrendously behind on work stuff.

Yardley here too. We finally got power back last night (Sunday) at 8:00.

No real property damage and family is fine so we were lucky.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. It's a dumb question... skip it.

Slightly Opinionated
    Quote Originally Posted by q_and_a View Post

Lebanon borough.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrider View Post
    Teh Lounge- "Its not just for weirdos anymore. It is for those trying to escape the noobsauce questions."
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    Trolling the lounge is like noodling for piranha.

The Daily Grind Cycling Journal & Tailwind Coaching

RoadBikeReview Member
    Been a week since I have been on any bike related site. Focus has just been on cleaning up and keeping the family going. And we didn't even get it that bad. We're on the south shore of Long Island, but a couple of miles in. First two huge oak limbs fell in the backyward, between the shed and play set. Thankfully no damage. A tree at the end of the driveway split in two and fell on the wires, frying the transformer. See what happened I ran out to move the cars as fast as possible before A. the tree fell completely to the road blocking us in, or B. the other half fell on the cars. We got power back after 5 days.
    I can't feel sorry for ourselves one bit.

I haven't been to some of the harder hit areas, but there are some crazy stories of loss and destruction.
    Our block, like most, has been really good about working together and pooling resources.

Christine - sorry to hear about all that stuff lost. FYI - been in touch with Greg a bunch. He had 3.5 feet of water in his basement. Said it was like being in a ship with the water halfway up his basment windows, and front steps, but never flooded the rest of the house. Other than that they are all ok.
    I believe the children are the future. Teach them well and let them lead the way.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Thanks for the updates Ken! Been wondering how you Easties are handling things. Glad you're all okay, but that sure sucks for Greg. At least it was confined to the basement, guess that's the silver lining!

I'm not too worried about the stuff that was lost (trying not to think about childhood items that I might've been storing there!) but hoping the house is in working condition. His bike cleaned up nice, that's one little good thing.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

grew up in Yardley

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    Yardley here too. We finally got power back last night (Sunday) at 8:00.

No real property damage and family is fine so we were lucky.
    Lived there until I graduated college and moved to Jersey. My parents lived there since the early 1950's not far from the river and amazingly never were flooded although there were some close calls (the year the Yardley bridge to Trenton was destroyed). Its a great area. When my Dad died 2 years ago I had no issue selling his house despite a soft market, an outdated kitchen and lack of central air.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Now that we've got the house hooked up, John's friend, who owns the generator we're borrowing, mentioned that his BIL might need it.

Great, the truck doesn't even work, and we need to return the generator b/c somebody took over a week to figure out he needed it

Oh well.

Meanwhile, our building was mentioned in the NY Times yesterday, as one of the many buildings downtown that may take weeks (months more likely) to recover. Still no idea what they're going to do with us until then. All those notes that we've been taking for the past five weeks, inaccessible.
    Last edited by Christine; 11-06-2012 at 05:36 AM.

Sweet Potato Kugel
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBiker View Post
    I just hope that Donald Trump's hair doesn't blow away.
    But 7 years later?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011