Tattoo inspired from Rock Racing Logo - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 68 of 68
  1. #51
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Morris Buttermaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    947
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave IV
    I am completely baffled as to why people want to put permanent drawings on their bodies. It has to be near the top of the list of STUPID things to do.

    I would have to ask; is the artwork you had on your walls when you were 20 the same artwork you have at 30, at 40, at 50? Have you kept the same bumper stickers on your car for decades? Well, that stupid tattoo will be there your entire life and at some point you will ask yourself WTF was I thinking!!!
    There's actually a large group of people who do feel secure with permanence...Our society has this notion that you are what you own and you just proved it once again. I'm baffled by the idea that if you want to change you change what's around you and buy some new stuff. I've had tattoos since I was 18 and have never regretted a single one, I'm 35 now and still feel the same about my body art as I did then. It's who I am and part of me.


  2. #52
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    22
    Love it man, can't wait to see it finished. Love the meaning for you, and the art is solid. Ink away brother. To each his own.

  3. #53
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave IV
    .... at some point you will ask yourself WTF was I thinking!!!
    Maybe that's the purpose. If I wanted to remember wtf I was thinking when I was 20, a goofy tattoo, acting as a living Polaroid of that moment's whim, is a pretty handy scrapbook.
    People can use their current hairstyle to communicate who they are, while tattoos serve to communicate who they were. It's an ironic reminder of the nature of impermanence.

  4. #54
    jaded bitter joy crusher
    Reputation: Fredke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    19,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave IV
    Because the OP opened the post with..."let me know what you think"...so I let him know what I was thought.
    No. He opened the post with "Don't be too critical, but let me know what you think." What part of "Don't be too critical" is so difficult to understand?

    I just don't get why it's so important to you to insult him here. A little gentle teasing is par for the lounge, but directly insulting someone who hasn't done anything to you is inappropriate, antisocial, and lacks class.

    Keep this in mind:
    Quote Originally Posted by vonteity
    Post pictures and we will simultaneously mock and support you. It's the way of the Lounge...
    Fredke commented in your thread. You won't believe what happens next!

  5. #55
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: AndyP.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_GRUMPY
    "Don't be to critical but let me know what you think"



    I'm sorry, but that's not in my nature.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Grumpy, if our paths ever cross, I'm buying you a beer!!

  6. #56
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    626
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredke
    No. He opened the post with "Don't be too critical, but let me know what you think." What part of "Don't be too critical" is so difficult to understand?

    I just don't get why it's so important to you to insult him here. A little gentle teasing is par for the lounge, but directly insulting someone who hasn't done anything to you is inappropriate, antisocial, and lacks class.

    Keep this in mind:

    The statement, "Don't be too critical" calls for a subjective evaluation of the response. I do not think the response was too critical so therefore I am within the domain of the request. Maybe it should have been requested that responses be submitted to a board for evaluation for the level of criticism prior to posting.

    Secondly, I did not insult anyone. This may or may not apply to the OP; but even smart people do stupid things. I stand by my opinion that getting tattooed is a stupid thing to do.

    Finally to anyone who feels offended I offer the words of Marlene Dietrich. " Those that are easily offended need to be offended more often."

  7. #57
    Slightly Opinionated
    Reputation: robdamanii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    10,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave IV
    The statement, "Don't be too critical" calls for a subjective evaluation of the response. I do not think the response was too critical so therefore I am within the domain of the request. Maybe it should have been requested that responses be submitted to a board for evaluation for the level of criticism prior to posting.

    Secondly, I did not insult anyone. This may or may not apply to the OP; but even smart people do stupid things. I stand by my opinion that getting tattooed is a stupid thing to do.

    Finally to anyone who feels offended I offer the words of Marlene Dietrich. " Those that are easily offended need to be offended more often."
    So anyone who gets a tattoo, for ANY reason, is stupid?

    What about plastic surgery? That's stupid too? After all, it's permanently changing your body...
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrider View Post
    Teh Lounge- "Its not just for weirdos anymore. It is for those trying to escape the noobsauce questions."
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    Trolling the lounge is like noodling for piranha.


    The Daily Grind Cycling Journal & Tailwind Coaching

  8. #58
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    626
    Quote Originally Posted by robdamanii
    So anyone who gets a tattoo, for ANY reason, is stupid?

    I will repeat this. I did not say anyone was stupid. I said getting tattooed is a stupid thing to do.

    To answer the question about tattoos; yes, in my opinion, getting tattooed is a stupid thing to do.

  9. #59
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: stinkydub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    190

    Ah man!

    Erase it and get the Minor Threat, Out of Step album cover done instead!
    And, to compliment, get a tat of Ian Mackaye

  10. #60
    Honey Smack!
    Reputation: Sylint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave IV
    IWell, that stupid tattoo will be there your entire life and at some point you will ask yourself WTF was I thinking!!!

    Yeah...so here's the deal sparky.

    What I want on my body, doesn't have anything to do with you. So I'm guessing (oh...and I'm not being too critical here..so it's ok to be an asshat) that you live life judging people pretty much constantly on lots of different things, not just the ink they have on their body, which again, except for the fact that YOU choose to let it, has absolutely nothing to do with you. How's that working out for you so far? Perhaps it would behoove you to take all that judgemental angst you seem to have and spend some time looking at yourself.
    I know we just met and this is crazy....

  11. #61
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    626
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylint
    Yeah...so here's the deal sparky.

    What I want on my body, doesn't have anything to do with you. So I'm guessing (oh...and I'm not being too critical here..so it's ok to be an asshat) that you live life judging people pretty much constantly on lots of different things, not just the ink they have on their body, which again, except for the fact that YOU choose to let it, has absolutely nothing to do with you. How's that working out for you so far? Perhaps it would behoove you to take all that judgemental angst you seem to have and spend some time looking at yourself.

    There are a some very sensitive people in here that appear to need the approval of others they don't know in order to justify the decisions they make.

    I did not attack anyone. I simply stated that I believe getting a tattoo is a stupid idea.

    Some of you agree, some of you disagree. Some of you have called me names, which really does not bother me. I am not quite sure what an asshat is and really don't care.

    Here's what I'll do. I will modify my stance. I believe getting a tattoo is a stupid idea, except for those that need my approval. On you it looks good. Those of you who require a stranger's approval can now sleep tonight.

    Funny, I would have thought that those who choose to get tattooed really would not care what others thought. It appears that I am wrong.

    Now relax and go have some fun.
    Last edited by Dave IV; 06-10-2010 at 04:04 AM.

  12. #62
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Morris Buttermaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    947
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkydub
    Erase it and get the Minor Threat, Out of Step album cover done instead!
    And, to compliment, get a tat of Ian Mackaye
    one time at a Fugazi show, I was sitting there talking to this guy for like half an hour...no clue who he was, just real friendly...talking about skating, girls..whatnot...then he gets up and says he's going on soon...Little did i know it was Ian. Really super nice guy

  13. #63
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave IV
    There are a some very sensitive people in here that appear to need the approval of others they don't know in order to justify the decisions they make.

    I did not attack anyone. I simply stated that I believe getting a tattoo is a stupid idea.

    Some of you agree, some of you disagree. Some of you have called me names, which really does not bother me. I am not quite sure what an asshat is and really don't care.

    Here's what I'll do. I will modify my stance. I believe getting a tattoo is a stupid idea, except for those that need my approval. On you it looks good. Those of you who require a stranger's approval can now sleep tonight.

    Funny, I would have thought that those who choose to get tattooed really would not care what others thought. It appears that I am wrong.

    Now relax and go have some fun.
    Well here's the deal.. You came into this thread spewing about your narrow minded opinion of tattoos. Sure you have every right to do so, but that's very troll-ish since this is a thread about opinions on a tattoo, not wether the OP should get a tattoo. If you really think its a stupid thing to do, then just keep your opinion to yourself and stay out of the thread. Again, this wasn't asking if the OP should get a tattoo.

    Everyone gets tattoos for different reasons, some could be religious, cultural, or just self expression. Obviously you have a hard time agreeing with that. You also pretty much told a lot of people in this thread that they did something stupid, and most very much disagree with you. Some of them may get offended by that. Them calling you names is a response to you pretty much calling them a name. To me, them taking offense is more reasonable than your narrowmindedness.

    -grrrah (tattooless, probably will never get one, but enjoy them)

  14. #64
    Proud luddite
    Reputation: azpeterb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    7,024
    I wonder if the actor (now deceased) who played Tattoo on "Fantasy Island" actually had a tattoo. You could never see much skin because he always wore those white suits like Mr. Roarke.

  15. #65
    Formosan Cyclocross
    Reputation: Dajianshan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,378
    ATTN: Ok everyone a hard lesson I learned as a reader of Chinese characters.... It is a tattoo and permanently etched into the skin. You have to say it looks awesome no matter what it looks like.

  16. #66
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Morris Buttermaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    947
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave IV

    Funny, I would have thought that those who choose to get tattooed really would not care what others thought. It appears that I am wrong.

    Now relax and go have some fun.
    I don't care, I'll still make fun of you though


  17. #67
    corning my own beef
    Reputation: JustTooBig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave IV
    There are a some very sensitive people in here that appear to need the approval of others they don't know in order to justify the decisions they make.

    I did not attack anyone. I simply stated that I believe getting a tattoo is a stupid idea.

    Some of you agree, some of you disagree. Some of you have called me names, which really does not bother me. I am not quite sure what an asshat is and really don't care.

    Here's what I'll do. I will modify my stance. I believe getting a tattoo is a stupid idea, except for those that need my approval. On you it looks good. Those of you who require a stranger's approval can now sleep tonight.

    Funny, I would have thought that those who choose to get tattooed really would not care what others thought. It appears that I am wrong.

    Now relax and go have some fun.
    any opinions about the tat aside, you've got the concept of "self-righteous" down cold. Not so much in your original response, but in how you repeatedly attempt to use veiled insults to any who take issue with you. I rarely see any self-superiority in a forum with the complete command that you display. My hat's off to you.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    People who say, "Laughter is the best medicine.." have never been on the receiving end of a morphine drip..

    ноожеяз ай вщоw?
    -VaughnA


    A fool and his money were damned lucky to have bumped into each other in the first place.

  18. #68
    i don't know
    Reputation: Flynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    322
    This is an asshat.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. It's a dumb question... skip it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.