• 06-07-2010
    hadley45
    5 Attachment(s)
    Tattoo inspired from Rock Racing Logo
    I've been getting work done on this piece for a little over a year now. I have about 25 hours worth of work in it and have spent more than $1500. Don't be to critical but let me know what you think. I changed some things like the R&R to my initails in a monogram and put mom's maiden name (Lucas) in the left banner and my last name (Hadley) in the right banner.
  • 06-07-2010
    rogger
    Oh deary deary me...
  • 06-07-2010
    Bikeauger
    Not too bad and it looks like your artist does good work.

On the plus side, now you don't even need to wear a jersey - just rock that on rides.
  • 06-07-2010
    bane
    If you don't want people to be critical of you then go ahead and unplug your internet connection.
  • 06-07-2010
    Pancho's Balls
    Well, the teeth on your little skeleton guy are straighter than the Rock Racing skeleton guy.
  • 06-07-2010
    thedago
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hadley45
    I've been getting work done on this piece for a little over a year now. I have about 25 hours worth of work in it and have spent more than $1500. Don't be to critical but let me know what you think. I changed some things like the R&R to my initails in a monogram and put mom's maiden name (Lucas) in the left banner and my last name (Hadley) in the right banner.

this statement is at odds with the lounge
  • 06-07-2010
    Sylint
    Not level.
  • 06-07-2010
    DrRoebuck
    Shoulda done an Air Jordan logo instead.
  • 06-07-2010
    ewitz
    FUGLY

Was bad as RR and worse on your back.

At least they could take the jersey off.
  • 06-07-2010
    q_and_a
    Following what my mother taught me, I believe I will say nothing at all.
  • 06-07-2010
    terry b
    Michael Ball is going to sue you when he finds out. He's that kind of guy.
  • 06-07-2010
    real stonie
    In other news, the office couldn't stop commenting on my Jordache jeans today.
  • 06-08-2010
    Brick Tamland
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sylint
    Not level.

Lulz.
  • 06-08-2010
    Brick Tamland
  • 06-08-2010
    buck-50
    Well, that sure is... Permanent.
  • 06-08-2010
    QuiQuaeQuod
    I think the symbolism and placement obviously have a lot of meaning to you. The shield motif on the back is traditionally for protection. The family connections link protection to family. Not sure how the skull relates to that, of if you just think skulls are cool.

The art itself? Hard to say until it is finished completely. Banners tend to look flat at best until the last bits of shading are applied. So I would hold judgment on that for now, in terms of quality. I see where it is, but I'm not sure where it is going.

Not my type of ink (not into most skulls, and this skull is a bit stylized for my taste), but then it's not my body.
  • 06-08-2010
    steve_e_f
    its so BIG. wow.
  • 06-08-2010
    aliensporebomb
    When I saw the link I thought "probably something on the upper arm right?"

WOW. HUGE! "That's gonna leave a mark". I bet that hurt!

That being said, I wouldn't have had something done like that but it's obvious the artist is
    good at what he does and I like the straighter teeth on the skull and it is a cool design.

It looks like it's all about family/protection/strength so no problem.

And besides, if you've got the cohones to have something like that installed you probably
    don't care what people really think when it comes down to it.

If it were me and I was rocking that ink? I'd see if a tattoo magazine would be interested
    in profiling my ink.

But it's not done yet. Post pics when it is.
  • 06-08-2010
    mtymxdh
    Quote:

Originally Posted by steve_e_f
    its so BIG. wow.

That's what she said!!
  • 06-08-2010
    PlasticMotif
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mtymxdh
    That's what she said!!

beat me to it.
  • 06-08-2010
    Fredke
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hadley45

Be careful if it hears Hollywood telling it to put the lotion on its skin.

He might be looking to take his collection of RR kit to a whole new level. :yikes:
  • 06-08-2010
    chuckice
    lolz.
  • 06-08-2010
    Oxtox
    nice freckles.
  • 06-08-2010
    awesometown
    1 Attachment(s)
    This picture was taken of me at the exact moment I opened this thread and saw your "sick tat"

wow.
  • 06-08-2010
    MT Road
    Personally I like it.. (of course I have tattoos also) Have been working with my artist ot start a "modified back piece" this fall so I find this cool..

I like the Rock Racing logo, matter of fact I have the jersey in your picture and wear it without reservation.

I have a pretty large skull on my left arm so hey I am partial

Love to see it when completed.. I like..

C