Those who do not know their fake history...
    What the what???

are doomed to repeat it.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/25/owners...-flood-damage/

Owners of a Noah’s Ark replica are suing their insurer, saying they didn’t cover damage from — you guessed it — a flood.

The Kentucky-based Ark Encounter, a 510-foot wooden ship straight out of the Old Testament, say the road leading to the ship and the vessel itself was apparently damaged by a landslide spurred by intense rain in 2017 and 2018, reports CNN.

The harsh terrain made it dangerous to use the ship, according to the lawsuit, which claims the attraction incurred $1 million worth of damages. The insurance company only covered part of that, CNN said.

“You got to get to the boat to be on the boat,” park spokesperson Melany Ethridge told the Courier-Journal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Law of Headwinds states: If the ride out is easy you better leave something in the tank for the turn...

Adorable Furry Hombre
    See, an insurance company not covering an "act of god" at the Ark Encounter is what I would classify as "divine comedy". Double bonus points for rain/flood damaging something that, according to bronze age mythos, was supposedly built specifically to survive rain and floods.

According to folks I've heard from who've driven around those parts...Hamm is such a tool that the billboards advertising the damn thing are facing the wrong way---they advertising to people LEAVING the area, not going towards it.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

Banned forever.....or not
    The gods decided to smite them.
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

Darling of The Lounge
    I see this thread sailing off to the P.O. very soon.

What the what???
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Grouch View Post
    I see this thread sailing off to the P.O. very soon.
    That’s politics... this is religion... totally different.

The Law of Headwinds states: If the ride out is easy you better leave something in the tank for the turn...

What the what???

I wonder how Noah handled his original insurance claim in 2348 BCE...

State Farm... ‘cuz of the animals?
    All State... ‘cuz he’s got the whole world in his Good Hands”?
    Progressive... ‘cuz water... Flo?
    Geico... I assume there were geckos on board...

Are houseboats covered under vehicle or home policies?

Last edited by Opus51569; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:02 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Big Butter Jeebus

Idols?

a real member's member
    and they say god doesn't have a sense of humor.

actually, it's his son who's the real stick in the mud.
    Yossarian: don't worry. nothing's going to happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us.

Ricardo Cabeza
    We have plans to take the kids there this summer. I especially think my 14 year old would enjoy it. She has the same sense of humor that I have. A couple years ago I took her to the baptist church on the corner. She had an opportunity for extra credit by going to a church service and submitting a one page summary of the sermon. It was about greed and materialism, and how the BMW was the devil’s car. So now every time we see a BMW we say hey there’s the devil!

Plus when we got to the service I told her we needed to sit in the back on the bench that says Group W, which of course precipitated a screening of Alice’s Restaurant and a discussion of the draft when we got home. I love that kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
    It was about greed and materialism, and how the BMW was the devil’s car. So now every time we see a BMW we say hey there’s the devil!

Plus when we got to the service I told her we needed to sit in the back on the bench that says Group W, which of course precipitated a screening of Alice’s Restaurant and a discussion of the draft when we got home. I love that kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As seen on Fox & now Netflix so you know it's fo reel.

Low rep power
    I love divine comedy.
    We'll be back soon, there will be more of us, and next time we won't be dropping leaflets.

“The problem with quotes on the internet is that it’s hard to verify their authenticity” – Abraham Lincoln

RoadBikeReview Member
    seems like the good religious folk could have built a crapload of houses for homeless types with all the materials wasted on that silly boat.

but, that's not how they roll...they talk the talk, but don't walk the walk.
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxtox View Post
    seems like the good religious folk could have built a crapload of houses for homeless types with all the materials wasted on that silly boat.

but, that's not how they roll...they talk the talk, but don't walk the walk.

"Hug Me Jeebus" (complete with lightning rod) to keep the faith when "Big Butta"... ascended. You could prolly get three families in there.

RoadBikeReview Member
    The whole Ark thing is getting by on tax breaks and people checking it out for sh!ts and giggles. I'd rather just see a video of it and not bother spending good money on douchebaggery.

Andy, take your kid to an actual museum and learn something that you guys don't already know. All those free Smithsonians in DC for starters. Laugh at the intellectually inferior people from someplace worthwhile.