Traveling NNC Style
    I like waterboarding...

Traveling NNC Style

So, I've got to be out of the country for a while working and will be coming back only a few weeks before the MS150. Maybe only 1 week before . I'll be leaving Feb 17th and returning Mar 30 or later...

Im struggling to make a decision whether or not I should by an EVOC travel bag for the bike and bring my rollers with me in my luggage. I can get the travel bag from PBK for 3 bills. I just dont know if its going to be a sound investment. I really don't know if I'll use it again...

What do you guys think?

Link for those interested in that sort of thing... http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=B0144
    .......__o
    .......\ <,
    ....( )/ ( )

Boobies!
    Take the bike, lose the rollers IMO.

For a cheaper alternative for packing the bike, look at Crateworks--basically a reusable cardboard box with good straps for $120. If you are shipping by plane you will pay extra baggage charge anyways, so save some money until you get your S&S coupled bike and the nice case to go with that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
    -Hanlon's Razor

I like waterboarding...
    Quote Originally Posted by paredown
    Take the bike, lose the rollers IMO.

For a cheaper alternative for packing the bike, look at Crateworks--basically a reusable cardboard box with good straps for $120. If you are shipping by plane you will pay extra baggage charge anyways, so save some money until you get your S&S coupled bike and the nice case to go with that.

I'd agree with everything you've stated on general principle but im spending 2 months in Indonesia... I WONT be riding my bike on ANY ROADS...

I'm a white boy in a country thats approximately 88% Muslim. I don't want to put myself at any undue risk. For christ's sake, (im jewish, HA) to get into the hotel my vehicle has to be screened for bombs and then my luggage has to go through x-ray everyday when i return from work. I'll pass on the scenic tours ;)

Edit: AMEX will refund a portion of my traveling overages from baggage so I'm okay spending a few bucks out of pocket here.
    Last edited by mymilkexpired; 01-19-2011 at 02:34 PM.
    .......__o
    .......\ <,
    ....( )/ ( )