Unlocked Smartphone ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 33 of 33
  1. #26
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,209
    Yea, one of the items of interest is I'm putting electronic shifting on my 3x10 MBike, the shifters need a smart phone app.
    I'm sure more stuff will be coming in the mail.
    BANNED

  2. #27
    Russian Troll Farmer
    Reputation: No Time Toulouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,804
    This really is the time to join the modern world and just get yourself a smartphone. To give you an idea just how "behind the times" your flip phone is, just consider this:

    Most Amish adults have a smartphone today.

    So, keep up with the Amish, at least.....
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

  3. #28
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,813
    Quote Originally Posted by No Time Toulouse View Post
    This really is the time to join the modern world and just get yourself a smartphone. To give you an idea just how "behind the times" your flip phone is, just consider this:

    Most Amish adults have a smartphone today.

    So, keep up with the Amish, at least.....
    But the Amish still won't a bicycle that has a chain drive

  4. #29
    Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Reputation: SPlKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,006
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
    But the Amish still won't a bicycle that has a chain drive
    Bicycle chains are the work of the devil.

  5. #30
    Russian Troll Farmer
    Reputation: No Time Toulouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,804
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
    But the Amish still won't a bicycle that has a chain drive
    Say WHAT????? Man, you must've never seen an Amish person in your life to make THAT comment. EVERY Amish person old enough to cycle has a sturdy bike for short trips (maybe not the elderly, but pretty much everyone else). They ride them to work (if they work in town), they ride them to the neighbor's farm, they ride them down to McDonald's for lunch. In fact, last summer, I was at an Amish auction house, and I noticed that better than half of the bikes they were riding had disc brakes. If you don't believe me, just take a trip to Martin's Bicycle in Dundee, NY.
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

  6. #31
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,209
    I had a smart phone, I hated it, went back to a flipper.

    IMO, smart phones are dumb. If you use them for anything like gps and with other devices, their batteries suck. They don't work if you don't have a signal, which for me is a lot, i get way out there. I run into dumb people out in the woods all the time, they are lost, their map has crapped out cause they are off the grid.

    How many hours do you spend a week trying to do something on yours, that seems to take forever, but it's the simplest thing?
    ...etc, etc, etc.
    BANNED

  7. #32
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,813
    Quote Originally Posted by No Time Toulouse View Post
    Say WHAT????? Man, you must've never seen an Amish person in your life to make THAT comment. EVERY Amish person old enough to cycle has a sturdy bike for short trips (maybe not the elderly, but pretty much everyone else). They ride them to work (if they work in town), they ride them to the neighbor's farm, they ride them down to McDonald's for lunch. In fact, last summer, I was at an Amish auction house, and I noticed that better than half of the bikes they were riding had disc brakes. If you don't believe me, just take a trip to Martin's Bicycle in Dundee, NY.
    Different Amish sects have different rules, but when I have ridden in Lancaster, PA and Delaware, they use a scooter type bike like this
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #33
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by No Time Toulouse View Post
    Say WHAT????? Man, you must've never seen an Amish person in your life to make THAT comment. EVERY Amish person old enough to cycle has a sturdy bike for short trips (maybe not the elderly, but pretty much everyone else). They ride them to work (if they work in town), they ride them to the neighbor's farm, they ride them down to McDonald's for lunch. In fact, last summer, I was at an Amish auction house, and I noticed that better than half of the bikes they were riding had disc brakes. If you don't believe me, just take a trip to Martin's Bicycle in Dundee, NY.
    There may be some Amish communities that allow pedal bikes but in general the "Amish" you see using bicycles are Old Order Mennonites, not Amish. Many similarities but fundamental differences in background and practice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 47
    Last Post: 05-28-2013, 10:52 AM
  2. gregg: I want this thread unlocked.
    By OES in forum Politics Only
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-30-2005, 06:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.