Verizon iPhone announcement rumored to hit on November 9
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member

That's all....

DIRT BOY

"Pain is a big fat creature riding on your back. The farther you pedal, the heavier he feels. The harder you push, the tighter he squeezes your chest. The steeper the climb, the deeper he digs his jagged, sharp claws into your muscles." - Scott Martin

More carbon fiber please!
    May 2004
    Hmmmm.... I'm due in a month for a new phone. Want something with more features/larger screen than the current HTC Touch.
    http://inlinethumb36.webshots.com/48...600x600Q85.jpg'05 Giant NRS C1 & '06 Giant TCR Advanced
    '68 Schwinn Typhoon

Shirtcocker
    I got a Droid X and I love it. I can view flash, multitask and get my corporate email via Touchdown. Who cares what Apple does?
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

Palm trees & sunshine!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II
    I got a Droid X and I love it. I can view flash, multitask and get my corporate email via Touchdown. Who cares what Apple does?

I'm going to pick up the new MyTouch 4G for my wife this weekend. My N1 still hangs in there with the latest and greatest Droids, topping most on the benchmarks.

supervillain

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by KenB
    I'm going to pick up the new MyTouch 4G for my wife this weekend. My N1 still hangs in there with the latest and greatest Droids, topping most on the benchmarks.
    Rumor is that a N2 is coming out soon.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

Palm trees & sunshine!
    Rumor is that a N2 is coming out soon.
    I've been following that. IF the rumor is right, it's going to be a Samsung Galaxy S based device. Which is OK, I guess but the N1 blows the Galaxy S devices away on benchmarks. Then there's the GPS issues with the Galaxy S line. Count me as skeptical.

HOWEVER, if the the Galaxy S is going to be the N2, it means that Android 3.0 will run just fine on it. Which means my N1 remains relevant for another year or so.

supervillain

Shirtcocker
    I've been following that. IF the rumor is right, it's going to be a Samsung Galaxy S based device. Which is OK, I guess but the N1 blows the Galaxy S devices away on benchmarks. Then there's the GPS issues with the Galaxy S line. Count me as skeptical.

HOWEVER, if the the Galaxy S is going to be the N2, it means that Android 3.0 will run just fine on it. Which means my N1 remains relevant for another year or so.
    It is interesting how quickly I became dependent on this thing. I haven't had it 2 weeks now and already don't know what I'd do without it. Am already at 400mb data and only started getting corporate email on it today so that will likely go way up. Good thing I have an unlimited data plan.

Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
    Having used both ... trust me, the iPhone is waaaaaay better.

I switched to Verizon because I was sick of ATT's reception. If Vzw does indeed get the iPhone I'll be first in line ... paying full f-ing price.
    "He groaned when we hung the rope over the tree but was relieved to see the white pinata."
    -- Gut

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRoebuck

I switched to Verizon because I was sick of ATT's reception. If Vzw does indeed get the iPhone I'll be first in line ... paying full f-ing price.
    Well I still have a non-HDTV and I have only played with iPhones so maybe it's just that ignorance is bliss, but the Droid does everything I want it to do and more. Apple has always held an edge on industrial design and their OS's tend to be more intuitive--that said, I need to be able to make calls on the phone and ATT really sucks around here.

//FWIW...the screenshot below is rumored to refer to the new Droid Pro (kind of a Droid/Blackberry fusion) that is coming out and not the iPhone.

feelin' Freddie Mercury
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTBOY

This is one Apple rumor I can actually deem as 'possible'... the accuracy of rumors goes up a lot when the 'event' or release in question is only a few days away.

Still doesn't make it a lead-pipe-cinch, but its got more of a chance than the kind of rumors that say stuff like "Apple's going to do such and such a year from now" that nearly always end up being wrong.
    Monkhouse: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

System: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President, for God's sake.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

Homer: I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind

feelin' Freddie Mercury
    Ah, too bad... apparently it really is the Droid Pro that's coming Nov 9, not a VZW iPhone.

Better luck next time, Dirt.

Monkhouse: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Palm trees & sunshine!
    It is interesting how quickly I became dependent on this thing. I haven't had it 2 weeks now and already don't know what I'd do without it. Am already at 400mb data and only started getting corporate email on it today so that will likely go way up. Good thing I have an unlimited data plan.

Haha! I know the feeling. I live on mine still and I've had it since March. Went from 300K on the BB to just shy of 2Gb last month.

Have you played with the Google Navigator much? I run it all of the time for the live traffic.

supervillain

Palm trees & sunshine!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRoebuck

Bummer. Sorry I recommended the Dinc.

supervillain

done
    Aug 2009
    I'm going to pick up the new MyTouch 4G for my wife this weekend.
    I got one yesterday. So far I like it a lot. Coming from a G1, so that's not saying much. Fast.

banned
    I've got an ipod touch and I like the apps, most of which I can't get on android.

Love netflix on the iphone/pod. THat's kinda awesome.

And it's getting to be time to replace my phone.

Soooooooo... I care.

Really, dude, methinks thou dost protest too much. It's just like cars. Some cars will always have a cult following, despite their shortcomings. Often because of them. Just because the Prius has an annoying cult following doesn't make it a bad car.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Huh, so can I on my iPhone 4! Plus I don't need flash, but have it. Verizon sucks balls here anyways.
    DIRT BOY

"Pain is a big fat creature riding on your back. The farther you pedal, the heavier he feels. The harder you push, the tighter he squeezes your chest. The steeper the climb, the deeper he digs his jagged, sharp claws into your muscles." - Scott Martin

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    You don't have flash on the iPhone dude.

Go here and tell me what you see.
    http://waterlife.nfb.ca/

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock
    Ah, too bad... apparently it really is the Droid Pro that's coming Nov 9, not a VZW iPhone.

Better luck next time, Dirt.

Yes, NS, read it on TUAW. Looks like Verizon is releasing BOTH.

Look, I lOVE Motorola phones and hope to go back some day. But that write up in the letter is NOT about a Droid.

Just Watch. FYI, I also got some inside info just now from someone who now works at VZW. 18 yrs in wireless industry. Could not say it by name, but hinted. Its coming.....
    DIRT BOY

Adventure Seeker
    What's really piqued my interest about an iPhone4 (over my 3GS) is the HDR on the camera. My phone works fine, and the apps will be available whether it's Droid, Windows 7 phone, or iphone. I want a good camera so I don't have to carry around a separate one on trips. The HDR can make even my amateur photos look decent.
    I have a single track mind

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaR6
    You don't have flash on the iPhone dude.

Go here and tell me what you see.
    http://waterlife.nfb.ca/
    Yes, Sky Fire Browser or Frash.

an ocean with something about the last water
    DIRT BOY

feelin' Freddie Mercury
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRT BOY
    Yes, NS, read it on TUAW. Looks like Verizon is releasing BOTH.

Look, I lOVE Motorola phones and hope to go back some day. But that write up in the letter is NOT about a Droid.

Just Watch. FYI, I also got some inside info just now from someone who now works at VZW. 18 yrs in wireless industry. Could not say it by name, but hinted. Its coming.....
    Man, I hope your rumor is right then.

I would love to have a VZW iPhone, there is no way I'd ever go to AT&T, they are teh suck in most of the SF Bay Area, where I live.

Alien Musician

Exclamation Ok

Quote Originally Posted by Peanya
    What's really piqued my interest about an iPhone4 (over my 3GS) is the HDR on the camera. My phone works fine, and the apps will be available whether it's Droid, Windows 7 phone, or iphone. I want a good camera so I don't have to carry around a separate one on trips. The HDR can make even my amateur photos look decent.
    Here are two surreptitious shots with the iPhone4 camera taken in the produce section of a local market under harsh flourescent lighting and then downscaled to 800x600:

Standard.

HDR.

Yeah, even surreptitious shots in the market look good in that mode. Sort of. Shots where you actually put effort into it look pretty amazing for a camera in a cellphone.
    Last edited by aliensporebomb; 11-04-2010 at 04:26 PM.
    my music is online at aliensporebomb dot com yes indeed.
    my twitter for those bored: http://www.twitter.com/aliensporebomb

Adventure Seeker
    The HDR shot looks washed out. Someone here took a shot of his bike with (i believe, if I remember right) the sun in the background. The pic looked great.
    What's funny is that I suck real bad at photography. That's funny, because my father has been a professional photographer most of his life. Then again, we don't have that close of a relationship. When I've ever asked him about photography, he just shrugs it off.
    I have a single track mind

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    Well I still have a non-HDTV and I have only played with iPhones so maybe it's just that ignorance is bliss, but the Droid does everything I want it to do and more. Apple has always held an edge on industrial design and their OS's tend to be more intuitive--that said, I need to be able to make calls on the phone and ATT really sucks around here.

//FWIW...the screenshot below is rumored to refer to the new Droid Pro (kind of a Droid/Blackberry fusion) that is coming out and not the iPhone.
    I still have a tube TV. Don't own Blue-Ray anything. Just got my fist smartphone, a Blackberry Tour, in December and I love it. I'm pretty sure that I am hardly using most of its features, but it is really making my life easier. People tell me that the iPhone is so much better than the Blackberry, and I guess it might be true. However, I hardly even get on it and search for apps that I might want. I downloaded a GPS app that I have NEVER used because I have NEVER been lost or not known how to get somewhere. Had to go somewhere today that I had only been to once 4 years ago and I got on Mapquest on my desktop, looked at the directions, and printed out the map. Problem solved.

I have also tried to use the touch screen on my wife's Blackberry Storm2 and it is a PITA for me. I really don't think the touch screen will work for me. When Verizon gets the Torch we will probably upgrade. My wife will probably get/want an iPhone so I will let her be the guinea pig and I will try her phone out myself. For some reason, it just pains me to buy anything Apple.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.” Modified by unknown from Bovard's original quote<o:p></o:p>

Bikes:
    Colnago C50 ST01 - 2008 Campy Record 10 - Zipp 303
    Colnago Cristallo NS03 - 2007 Campy Record 10 - Custom Wheels
    Colnago Oval Krono LX4 - 2008 Campy Record 10 - Zipp 808/disk
    Colnago Arte bare aluminum - 2007 Campy Record 10 - Zipp 404
    Colnago Arte NS03 - unbuilt
    Bianchi FG Lite Liqui - 2008 Record - Zipp 202

Alien Musician

Exclamation Ya....

Quote Originally Posted by Peanya
    The HDR shot looks washed out. Someone here took a shot of his bike with (i believe, if I remember right) the sun in the background. The pic looked great.
    What's funny is that I suck real bad at photography. That's funny, because my father has been a professional photographer most of his life. Then again, we don't have that close of a relationship. When I've ever asked him about photography, he just shrugs it off.
    I'm no pro either....

I'll have to give that a shot, I literally took those two shots maybe 5 seconds apart and literally had about 3 seconds to aim it lest the store security goons wonder why I was photo-ing the produce. I'll see if I can't do a better shot.
    my music is online at aliensporebomb dot com yes indeed.
    my twitter for those bored: http://www.twitter.com/aliensporebomb

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast