Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by No Time Toulouse View Post
    Oh, good lord! MY EYES!!!!!!! Can_not_un-see.....
    At least I didn't post the Lampre Guy (yeah, maybe I'll save that for the time just before everyone thinks this thread is dead).

Proud luddite
    Quote Originally Posted by Akirasho View Post
    At least I didn't post the Lampre Guy (yeah, maybe I'll save that for the time just before everyone thinks this thread is dead).
    Lamprey guy would not have a problem wearing pajamas in public.
    Last edited by azpeterb; 10-31-2018 at 07:55 PM.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Maybe onesie PJ's aren't so bad.

Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    What has been seen.... can't be USEEN, help me jesus!
    BANNED

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2014
    I don't really mind the pajama thing in public. Its weird, yeah. But what gets me going though is the slippers in public. I see that here a lot & it really grosses me out. Do you wear them back in bed & walk throughout your house with them on??? Just nasty.

I think its from the people that do this: https://youtu.be/9Z-vdx_PcgU
    Attached Images Attached Images  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1729 View Post
    Yup, I wish people had more self-respect, and respect for my eyes and senses. I don't want to see you in public in pajamas. Or in slippers. I also don't want to be able to see through your pants. Or see your thong or 3/4 of your boxers.
    How about this?
    Acceptable in public?

Seat's not level
    Quote Originally Posted by nayr497 View Post
    Yup, I wish people had more self-respect, and respect for my eyes and senses. I don't want to see you in public in pajamas. Or in slippers. I also don't want to be able to see through your pants. Or see your thong or 3/4 of your boxers.

Please stop already.
    yeah, but I need to wear my kit when I ride my bike. But I also change into something that less 'skin on a grape' when i'm done.
    Bad decisions make great stories - JP

Spring is here... snowflakes are melting.

Seat's not level
    Quote Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post

And here I was, irritated that people showed up at the food court in pajamas.
    same clientele... except for the lawyers... maybe
    Bad decisions make great stories - JP

Spring is here... snowflakes are melting.

Sweet Potato Kugel
    Pajamas never bothered me. Seats not level always have, though.

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    Ben Franklin -Tis curious and amazing to observe how distinct and independent of each other the rattles of this animal are, and yet how firmly they are united together
    -

RoadBikeReview Member
    I've seen some of this too. Just another example of "ugly 'Muricans." Pajamas in public and lace-less shoes tell the world you've given up.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2001
    Hmmm. The last pajamas I owned was in 7th grade when our house caught fire and burned down. My mom made us kids get dressed and then get out of the house and move a safe distance from the fire. Slept in my underwear after that; then in college or when I got married I began sleeping naked and have for nearly 50 years now.

So survey question: Do most people really sleep in pajamas? If so, why?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve98501 View Post

... one time at band camp...

Started going without in college (quasi hippy cool back then) and only wear 'em (or underwear) when visiting friends and family.

PJ's remind me of the double beds featured in film and TV even into the seventies.

If I remember correctly, Pajama came from India and was prolly effective against biting insects to the Imperial Brits.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve98501 View Post
    So they can jump out of bed and run out the door to the sale Wallmart without wasting any time getting dressed.

Haven't you been paying attention?
    Too old to ride plastic

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by stan01 View Post
    But what gets me going though is the slippers in public. I see that here a lot & it really grosses me out. Do you wear them back in bed & walk throughout your house with them on??? Just nasty.
    I have a pair of Sorrel "slippers" that look kind of like that but have a rubber sole. I slip off my "house slippers" and put the Sorrels on to go to the mailbox, firewood pile, and sometimes for quick in-and-out trips to the store. They're comfortable and more convenient than lace up shoes.

I think of them as winter time flip-flops.

Sweet Potato Kugel
    Ben Franklin -Tis curious and amazing to observe how distinct and independent of each other the rattles of this animal are, and yet how firmly they are united together
    -

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Eretz View Post
    Yep, soon to be seen at a store near you (or, at least near me).

Sweet Potato Kugel
    Quote Originally Posted by dir-t View Post
    Yep, soon to be seen at a store near you (or, at least near me).
    Here are mine.

Falcon Ridge
    -

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oh my eyes... my eyes, they
    "I refuse to be afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday & I love today!!"

"There are only two ways to establish competitive advantage: do things better than others or do them differently."

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there."

2009 SCOTT Speedster w/Ultegra 6800
    2007 IRONHORSE HT

RoadBikeReview Member
    I have been instructed to shoot my husband the day he decides pajamas in public is a good idea. He doesn't seem to be joking.

The difference between pajamas vs jeans, sneakers, slacks, lycra etc. is that pajamas are meant for the bed. It's off-putting the way scrubs in public is weird- scrubs are supposed to be sanitary.

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    I have been instructed to shoot my husband the day he decides pajamas in public is a good idea. He doesn't seem to be joking.

The difference between pajamas vs jeans, sneakers, slacks, lycra etc. is that pajamas are meant for the bed. It's off-putting the way scrubs in public is weird- scrubs are supposed to be sanitary.
    I've authorized my wife to shoot me if I start wearing sweatpants out and about.

I work out of my house now, and it's easy to get into the sweatpants all day routine. I feel like a bit of a pajama-schlub if I leave the house in sweatpants.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post
    I've authorized my wife to shoot me if I start wearing sweatpants out and about.

I work out of my house now, and it's easy to get into the sweatpants all day routine. I feel like a bit of a pajama-schlub if I leave the house in sweatpants.
    What do you wear on "Casual Friday"?
    Too old to ride plastic

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    The other day I said to myself I need to get out more and see what's going on.

No I don't.
    I know this feeling and my day-to-day life is actually making it worse. Most weekdays are the same for me...wake up, walk my dogs in the woods, spend some time with my wife & son, ride a bike to work solo, work in my own office all day, mainly on the phone or via email. Talk to 2-3 other people in my office, ride my bike home, dinner with wife/son...walk my dogs in the woods solo, read then rest.

Weekends about the same, minus the commute to work & work. We'll go out to group dinners at a friend's house, go on hikes or walks, dinner with extended family sometimes.

I'm really, really isolated from the world & almost completely control my environment at most times. (Yeah, I'm not in a cabin in the woods, but I have a lot of control and don't interact with strangers all the often.) I like my life and am happy...but when I get around the general masses...I'm usually overwhelmed with the crassness, the rudeness, the lack of self-respect...I acknowledge this, but I feel myself growing less and less able to be around all the common nutjobs out in public.

I honestly have considered seeking therapy for this. I'm still in my 30s! I don't have a fear of being in public, I just have less and less patience for dopey humans.

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Quote Originally Posted by velodog View Post
    What do you wear on "Casual Friday"?
    The same thing I wear on Casual Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, which is similar to what I wear when I'm chillaxing on Saturday and Sunday.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2014
    Good lord... I should have stayed in PO.. it's safer in there.. someone pass me the bleach.. I need to cleanse my eyes

Master debator.
    ...and what about these women running around in public with yoga pants on? I work in a college town, and there's nothing worse than seeing all of these young ladies running around showing off their camel toes (or moose knuckles). I wish this trend would end and right quick. I'd post pics, but a simple Google search will show you what I mean without me having to stare at the horror again.
    "I felt bad because I couldn't wheelie; until I met a man with no bicycle"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast