well then - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 36 of 36

Thread: well then

  1. #26
    Frog Whisperer
    Reputation: Touch0Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    40,229
    Didn't have time to order one, I need it in the morning!

    Yes I'm sure, that doesn't mean I'm right.
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

    "There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

    "that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

  2. #27
    Frog Whisperer
    Reputation: Touch0Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    40,229
    I rode on Tuesday.... Another flat, front this time. Got home, pulled the wheel, tire and tube and replace the rim tape on that one too. 45 miles today with the same tubes the whole time!
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

    "There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

    "that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

  3. #28
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Akirasho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    I rode on Tuesday.... Another flat, front this time. Got home, pulled the wheel, tire and tube and replace the rim tape on that one too. 45 miles today with the same tubes the whole time!
    as long as we're clear...


  4. #29
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: velodog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    I rode on Tuesday.... Another flat, front this time. Got home, pulled the wheel, tire and tube and replace the rim tape on that one too. 45 miles today with the same tubes the whole time!
    With any luck all of that flat nonsense is behind you for a while.
    Too old to ride plastic

  5. #30
    Frog Whisperer
    Reputation: Touch0Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    40,229
    Quote Originally Posted by velodog View Post
    With any luck all of that flat nonsense is behind you for a while.
    amen!

    I rode with two spare tubes, 4 CO2 cartridges, a stick on patch kit and a tiny hand pump as well as knowing my wife was home and I could call for sag if necessary.

    A good friend recommended using Stan's rim tape for tubeless, The stuff is fantastic, thin smooth and tough as nails.
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

    "There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

    "that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

  6. #31
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: velodog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    amen!

    I rode with two spare tubes, 4 CO2 cartridges, a stick on patch kit and a tiny hand pump as well as knowing my wife was home and I could call for sag if necessary.

    A good friend recommended using Stan's rim tape for tubeless, The stuff is fantastic, thin smooth and tough as nails.
    That's more stuff than I carry, and I've got at least 10lbs of things in my 11 liter handlebar bag. But, Hell Yeah, if it wards off the flats.

    I tried that same rim tape in my rear wheel, and so far I'm liking it. I'm running tubes but my rims and tires are both tubeless compatible, ready or able, whatever the right term is, and the tires were quite hard to mount with the Velox that I've been using forever. The tires are still tough to mount but they don't fight as hard with the Stan's. I gotta say that it's pretty impressive how well the tires lock into the rims.
    Too old to ride plastic

  7. #32
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: velodog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Akirasho View Post
    as long as we're clear...

    Said the man who didn't wear socks because they would just get holes in them. And what the heck, he didn't need them because he was wearing shoes anyway.

    https://www.thoughtco.com/things-you...nstein-1779800
    Too old to ride plastic

  8. #33
    Frog Whisperer
    Reputation: Touch0Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    40,229
    Quote Originally Posted by velodog View Post
    That's more stuff than I carry, and I've got at least 10lbs of things in my 11 liter handlebar bag. But, Hell Yeah, if it wards off the flats.

    I tried that same rim tape in my rear wheel, and so far I'm liking it. I'm running tubes but my rims and tires are both tubeless compatible, ready or able, whatever the right term is, and the tires were quite hard to mount with the Velox that I've been using forever. The tires are still tough to mount but they don't fight as hard with the Stan's. I gotta say that it's pretty impressive how well the tires lock into the rims.
    I have bontrager tires on that bike, I don't really care for them but they are in pretty good shape so I will wear them out before I scrap them. I had Michelin on it but they were crumbling so I sh! t canned them. My real tire of choice is Vittorio Rubino Pro and they practically fall on to the wheels. Even with Campy wheels. The wheels on the plastic bike are Pure, got them from Bicycle Wheel Warehouse, (from a guy here who was offering a deal to Team Collin. They have been bullet proof so far (like 9 or 10 years?). The roads around here have turned cycling into an impact sport. Our last governor decided not to fund any road repairs for like 8 years.

    At this point we need a hard, driving rain to wash the winter debris off of what's left of the surface.

    Oh, and yesterday, the spring peepers where just screaming through the marshes. It's official, spring has sprung!
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

    "There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

    "that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

  9. #34
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Akirasho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post

    Oh, and yesterday, the spring peepers where just screaming through the marshes. It's official, spring has sprung!
    Spring peepers means something different in my 'hood.

  10. #35
    Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Reputation: SPlKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Akirasho View Post
    Spring peepers means something different in my 'hood.
    Bats?

  11. #36
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Akirasho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,437
    Quote Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post
    Bats?
    Think bigger and polishing wood outside your window.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Well well well Tour of Turkey winner busted for EPO
    By bruin11 in forum The Doping Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-15-2013, 06:42 PM
  2. well well well... online retailers shut down for selling counterfeits
    By cxwrench in forum Bikes, Frames and Forks
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 05-04-2013, 12:52 PM
  3. Well, well, well...
    By Spinchick in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 04-25-2006, 01:54 PM
  4. Well well well
    By Sintesi in forum Politics Only
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 01:26 PM
  5. Well...well...well
    By Utah CragHopper in forum Pro Cycling - Tour de France
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-26-2004, 06:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.