Well they found my truck and, well ....
    banned

Well they found my truck and, well ....

it's not a pretty sight I got a call from the NYPD this morning and was informed they found it on July 7. What a waste. I am really bummed. I know it's only a material object, but they just took it for a joy ride and had to do this!?
    Attached Images Attached Images

remodeling...me

Shame

That is such a shame, I am really sorry. I don't understand people, they couldn't just joyride and dump it?
    Zeytin

"Wow, Alex...way to pee in the guy's Wheaties..." ~Opus51569

Misfit Toy
    Damn! That's just mean
    It's all fun and games until someone ends up in a cone.

Don't make me go all honey badger on your ass

Incorrigible Wanderer - R.I.P.
    Oh, man--if that had been my vehicle, I'd rather that it hadn't been found. I don't suppose there's much hope of arrests....

Sorry you had to see that, on top of the theft.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Live Steam
    it's not a pretty sight I got a call from the NYPD this morning and was informed they found it on July 7. What a waste. I am really bummed. I know it's only a material object, but they just took it for a joy ride and had to do this!?
    Bummer. You still have the Z and the Yankees are winning.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2002

damn

Sorry LS, I was hoping for a better out come for you.....that was undeserving. At least it can be replaced which is always a good thing. I was watching the news tonight about the storm in the south......really adds perspective to my life although people like ourselves don't need the constant reminding ofd how precious each moment is.....

banned
    Thanks everyone. Yeah it was a real bummer to see. It would have been better if it were not found. What makes this all worse is everyone who has an interest in investigating this has given me the feeling that I am a suspect. I guess that is kind of typical in these things - at least from what I've been told by a few cops who I know.

I doubt there will be anyone held accountable for it. It was found in Brooklyn. They pretty much all turn up there. I know this type of thing happens almost everywhere, but I think I am ready for a move away from Old Staten Island. It's not the place I knew as a kid. Again, pretty much the norm for most places, but there has to be some place better for me now. I am open to suggestions!

banned
    Yeah. I get mad at myself when I feel like this - self pity - when I know and understand that people have much more troubling issues to deal with. Perspective is a good word for the day. Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2002
    Yeah. I get mad at myself when I feel like this - self pity - when I know and understand that people have much more troubling issues to deal with. Perspective is a good word for the day. Thanks!
    A good hug would straighten you out.

Incorrigible Wanderer - R.I.P.
    ...there has to be some place better for me now.

There's always SoCal--not that we don't have auto theft here, too. But think! Year-round riding (all the smog you can breathe), the last of the Great Train Stations (and a bunch of damned fine minor ones) plus two of the Holy Places of railroading (Cajon Pass and the Tehachapi Loop), beaches with hot chicas, better Mexican food than you could ever find in NYC, and--believe it or not--it isn't all L.A.! Ojai! Santa Barbara! La Jolla! Newport Beach! Simi Valley! San Juan Capistrano!

Coco Puff
    Wow, that is a real bummer Steam. Sorry for your loss

Call me a Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by The Walrus
    ...there has to be some place better for me now.

There's always SoCal--not that we don't have auto theft here, too. But think! Year-round riding (all the smog you can breathe), the last of the Great Train Stations (and a bunch of damned fine minor ones) plus two of the Holy Places of railroading (Cajon Pass and the Tehachapi Loop), beaches with hot chicas, better Mexican food than you could ever find in NYC, and--believe it or not--it isn't all L.A.! Ojai! Santa Barbara! La Jolla! Newport Beach! Simi Valley! San Juan Capistrano!
    Don't forget Orange County, the Right-Wing Republican capitol of the US!
    Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may starch my jumper
    Hang it upside your wall
    You know by that, baby
    I need my ashes hauled.

Sleepy John Estes

H

gazing from the shadows
    I would have thought it was chopped into tiny little bits and sold in hours after it was gone. Not torched. You are right, it would have been better had it not been found.

Well, at least you now have closure, so that is something. Still a bummer, but it is over and done with.
    Stout beers under trees, please.

A Canadian in Sweden
    Hey LS,
    Sorry about that. It's such a senseless waste. At least if they had sold it to someone or done some constructive with it, that might be a little easier to accept. But to just trash it is plain idiotic and cruel.
    Cheers, Wayne
    Albert (5 years old) to Uncle Peter (family friend): "Why don't we play another card game, something you can win at."

"Talkin part's done boys"

Talking Boston's a happenin' little city!

but there has to be some place better for me now. I am open to suggestions![/QUOTE]

We've got a pretty good ball club, corrupt politicians, snafu'ed public works projects, sky high real estate and rising crime rates.
    What more could one want?

Oh, I guess you've got all that...

Sorry about your rig man, after a grieving period you might try out Toyota trucks, I love mine.
    'the place was really jumpin to the high-watt amps, 'till a 20 inch cymbal fell and cut the lamps...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2002
    I had a weak moment yesterday when I responded to this. I have got over that and feel for you.

About a year and a half ago my son's Haro BMX bicycle was stolen from school. We got some tips on who did it and contacted the police. They asked me if I wanted to press charges and I told them I wanted the death penalty for them. He informed me this was not a death penalty case and I told him it should be. So they got the two boys to confess and they came over to my house with their dads and I got paid for the bike. The dads' told me they would take care of the boys so I didn't press charges.

So I bought a new bike for him and 6 months later on our first day back from vacation he rode it over to a friend's house. He said some guys had been following him. He put the bike in the kid's backyard just inside the gate. Well they took it while he was in the house and we never saw it again. He was bikeless for a long time after that. I then bought a used one from a friend

It's not right for people to take you property and they should pay dearly for doing so. I'm sure the scumbags that took your truck will never be found and that is a shame. This guy would make them a nice cell mate.

A Canadian in Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by vol245
    It's not right for people to take you property and they should pay dearly for doing so. I'm sure the scumbags that took your truck will never be found and that is a shame. This guy would make them a nice cell mate.
    LOL! Oh man, that guy is scary looking. Looks like he would be the crap out of me for the heck of it.
    Albert (5 years old) to Uncle Peter (family friend): "Why don't we play another card game, something you can win at."

Strained coccyx etc etc
    sorry buddy.

something good came out of this:

those first two pictures are exactly how i feel.

see, you've identified with J.

lucky boy.
    One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know.

RoadBikeReview Member

Bummer

LS, sorry about what happened. Insurance company going to total the car? Putting in all new wiring harnesses is going to be a bear. Don't be giving up on NYC. Shame to move out of S.I. just because some punks lifted your ride. You have an immobilizer on that bad boy?
    i've got limited minutes left in life, don't waste my time

Every little counts...

Question

Quote Originally Posted by rwbadley
    Wow, that is a real bummer Steam. Sorry for your loss
    Uhh, you guys, it is a truck.

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunout
    I bet a liberal did that. ;)
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004

That sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Spunout
    Live Steam- I'm sorry dude. That really sucks. I live in NYC too- It is a great place, but with that many people, there are bound to be a number of people who just flat out suck.

And Spunout- yeah, you're right, it is just a truck. But it's not the loss of the truck that sucks most- it is seeing what people are capable of doing, and knowing that they live in the same city you do.

LS- suggestion for a new thread- where to move to next? I hear Boston is nice...?
    Just ride man. Just ride.

Arrogant roadie.....
    .........Perspective is a good word for the day. Thanks!
    Well, if you want perspective.....Hey, at least there's one less damn fat-*** SUV on the road.(snicker)

Oh, sorry, that was so unkind of me. I really feel for you, really. (snicker!)

But I'm sure you'll find some way to blame this one on Hillary. And, on behalf of all us NY residents, I wish you a quick and happy move to New Jersey.

chortle!!

Sorry, I just can't hold it any longer...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Dave_Stohler; 07-13-2005 at 12:02 AM. Reason: sorry-just had to gloat a bit more....
    We are the 801
    We are the central shaft