What appropriate and not for links?
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: carbon13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    825

    What appropriate and not for links?

    What is the line on links?
    home spun

  2. #2
    Rep *****.
    Reputation: firstrax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    9,795
    I don't understand the question so here's a corgi with a pancake on its head.
    First!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #3
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: carbon13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    825
    Sorry l just wanted to know what is acceptable and what is over the line, as l have seen a lot of different stuff put on links.
    It seems that link viewers beware.
    home spun

  4. #4
    Rep *****.
    Reputation: firstrax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    9,795
    Quote Originally Posted by carbon13
    Sorry l just wanted to know what is acceptable and what is over the line, as l have seen a lot of different stuff put on links.
    It seems that link viewers beware.
    Any link that prompts the question is probably best left unlinked.

  5. #5
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: carbon13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    825
    Thanks for the clarification, l wasnt thinking of posting anything questionable just sometimes
    l go what the [email protected]##.
    ps corgis are good herding dogs.
    thanks
    home spun

  6. #6
    gazing from the shadows
    Reputation: QuiQuaeQuod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    26,350
    Quote Originally Posted by carbon13
    What is the line on links?
    Generally, links with a warning about the general nature of what the link is to will be ok. So long as people know if it is gory pics, or hotties, or NSFW language, it is their choice to click or not.

    There are some exceptions I can think of. Linking to hard core porn would be a bad idea, even with a warning, for example.
    .
    Stout beers under trees, please.

  7. #7
    Gruntled
    Reputation: Jim Nazium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,737
    Quote Originally Posted by firstrax
    I don't understand the question so here's a corgi with a pancake on its head.
    Do you mind if I use that? I have exams coming up, and it might come in handy.

    kthxbye
    It's funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's hilarious.

  8. #8
    Rep *****.
    Reputation: firstrax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    9,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Nazium
    Do you mind if I use that? I have exams coming up, and it might come in handy.

    kthxbye
    Be my guest.

  9. #9
    I like Chicken
    Reputation: OldRoadGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,403
    Did someone say Pr0n?
    Quote Originally Posted by gutfiddle
    Most of the gals we know schedule C sections whether they need them or not nowadays to keep their cooter from gettin torn up but I say you can't hurt them things, they're made of hognose material.

  10. #10
    Shirtcocker
    Reputation: Bocephus Jones II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    60,637
    Quote Originally Posted by dr hoo
    Generally, links with a warning about the general nature of what the link is to will be ok. So long as people know if it is gory pics, or hotties, or NSFW language, it is their choice to click or not.

    There are some exceptions I can think of. Linking to hard core porn would be a bad idea, even with a warning, for example.
    yup...I always put "NSFW" or not safe for work if there is bad language or partial nudity, but real pron is probably never a good idea.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

  11. #11
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: carbon13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    825
    thanks everyone.
    home spun

  12. #12
    Cowboy up
    Reputation: Art853's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    3,886
    You don't want to see how they are made and never grill inside a closed garage.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.