What are you doing with yourself - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Road & Trail Warrior
    Writing/recording music with my friends via email.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2CRIvBUg5X8

(It's my utube, I assure you, it's safe to click.)

xxl
    Um, figuring out my movie:

(Srsly? Michael Bay directing Jessica Chastain and Kevin James in a...drama??)
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

"Oh my god. This is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. Im fd.

xxl
    ...rest of chart here:

xxl

RoadBikeReview Member
    me? Oh nothing, just picking up second hand toys for a steal!
    Picked up a power meter (Ultegra 8000 Stages) for $280 yesterday and today snapped up Roval C38 carbon wheels for $650.

I can still go out and ride just outside in NYC. Both coming in end of week and I am pretty stoked.
    "That pretty much sums it up. I'm 43 and my max is ~178-180. If that HR chart was mine or Froome's, we'd be on the verge of death. But for you it probably looks like a normal workout." -TLG

LOLOLOL

half-fast
    Rainy.

Cleaning up shop today, throwing out some more stuff.

Took jointer apart, cleaned and adjusted feed table.

Getting ready for next project. Ordered a ukelele kit. It shipped today.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Monty Python movies are on tonight: Life of Brian and now Holy Grail.

Got some lunch from the local pizza place, all tables/chairs gone, and the guy (six feet) in front of me had a full respirator on, like what you'd use for chemical fumes. I need to start bringing my camera.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
    Working on my 1969 Chevelle convertible. I started it in 2007. Ive finally gotten to the point of assembly. This week I got the brakes and exhaust installed. I went with C5 front discs and 1998-2002 Camaro rear discs. I have the interior all recovered and ready to install. The only part of the car I will not have done myself is building the engine and the final buffing of the paint. Ill have it color sanded to 2000 grit but then Im handing it over to a guy who is way better at making it shine than I can ever hope to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sweet! I'm in the middle of replacing the floorboard on my 69 Camaro hardtop now. It will be a mini-tubbed 434 SBC with 6 speed T56 Pro-tour car when complete (several years from now).
    Gravel Rocks

Trek Domane
    Niner RLT9 (Gravel Bike)
    Niner RLT9 RDO
    BH G7 Disc
    Trek Crockett

"The Spirit of the Party "serves always to distract the public councils and enfeeble the public administration. It agitates the community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms, kindles the animosity of one part against another, foments occasionally riot and insurrection

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Not just today but this is pretty much my routine since the lockdown started. We are in our 23rd day of lockdown here in Italy.

- our home has never been so clean,when i need to relax I just start vacuuming and wiping floors,it somehow relaxes me.

- occasionally peek at my bike wondering when I'll be able to ride it again.

-started doing some workouts. I've stopped riding 2 weeks before the lockdown started and for the past 4 days the thing began to take a toll on my mental integrity, I'm so lucky to have such a patience and loving wife. I'm still able to drive to work where I have large property where I can take brisk walks and push ups,that changed my mood immediately.

- occasionally indulge with junk food. My body can't stand that and warns me with bloating,sense of fatigue and skin eruptions. Packed some fresh fruit today to clean my system. I need to stop that asap.

- lose my mind about my business's future and I'm trying to avoid that as much as possible,that doesn't lead me anywhere and causes me bad nightmares and difficult sleep.

- we sleep till late. We love to sleep late but that should be a weekends only thing,but it's not,not crazy about it.

- I occasionally skype with my USA friends and I'm happy they're all safe. Most of them have lost their jobs. One of them was a chef on a mega yacht,she was living on it for the past year and now she's actually without home in Miami,staying in a hotel,I wish she was here safe with us, our son love her,she calls her aunt.

- I realize almost daily how much money I'm saving. We are not big spenders,we have zero debts and we lead a pretty frugal lifestyle, but that eventually was not enough. The 2/5/10/15 or 20 Euro worth of daily or weekly useless purchases are now gone. I've filled up my car twice in a month and the gauge right now is still on full. Seriously,this will make me reconsider the way I should spend my money when all this will be over.

- I'm writing an article about my region and the soon to be missed tourist summer,hoping an online Aussie cycling magazine will eventually publish it.

All in all it's pretty boring,but it could be worst. My relatives all live in one of Italy's most hit zones and they say it's basically ambulance sirens 24/7. I appreciate what I have now more that ever.
    Last edited by Devastazione; 04-03-2020 at 12:53 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    I need to start bringing my camera.
    Someone already did. https://www.boredpanda.com/funny-cor...mpaign=organic

Opus was just napping
    Quote Originally Posted by xxl View Post
    ...rest of chart here:

I got your stars, but Scorcese directing sci-fi.

Mobsters in space?
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Monty Python movies are on tonight: Life of Brian and now Holy Grail.

Got some lunch from the local pizza place, all tables/chairs gone, and the guy (six feet) in front of me had a full respirator on, like what you'd use for chemical fumes. I need to start bringing my camera.
    If you're a fan of English humor check out "Doc Marten", if you haven't already. A brilliant surgeon who develops a blood phobia and ends up a GP in a small village.
    Too old to ride plastic

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    I'm drinking copious amounts of beer. Almost daily. Beer drinking amounts and frequency not seen outside of vacation weeks at the beach in the summer. But for 3 weeks running, thus far.

I like beer.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Set up to work from home. Today we decided to make split pea soup, and I'm pretty amazed with how delicious it turned out! The key is to blend it, an immersion blender is a game-changer.

Split Pea Soup

1/2 lb Goya split peas (dry)
    3 medium carrots, sliced
    1/2 white onion, chopped
    2 large cloves garlic, chopped
    1/4 cup olive oil
    2 bay leaves
    1 quart water (4 cups)
    pinch salt/pepper/spices to taste

Add all ingredients to slow cooker, cook for 4 hours ("stew" setting.) Shut off and let stand 1 hour to cool slightly. Remove bay leaves and blend until smooth.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by velodog View Post
    If you're a fan of English humor check out "Doc Marten"...
    and be sure and bail as soon as the baby is introduced...series goes to hell at that point.
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Just checking in.

I still like beer.

I'm trying to remember if I ever drank this much beer on a regular basis... during my misspent youth, during my 4 years in the navy, during my 4 years of college after the navy, during my mid-20s - mid-30s in the 80s when I worked at a marketing agency in downtown philadelphia and we closed a local bar at least 3 nights a week, etc, etc.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Beautiful 70dF today with some gusts of wind. Went for 20mile solo ride. City closed all MUTs so I rode on local roads. Not many cars but the people who would have been on MUTs are on local roads running, walking and biking. It was crowded. So much for social distancing enforcement by the authority.

Frog Whisperer
    If you're a fan of English humor check out "Doc Marten", if you haven't already. A brilliant surgeon who develops a blood phobia and ends up a GP in a small village.
    seen the entire series........... his girfriend/wife is cute!
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    For even better English humor try Detectorists

Frog Whisperer
    Set up to work from home. Today we decided to make split pea soup, and I'm pretty amazed with how delicious it turned out! The key is to blend it, an immersion blender is a game-changer.

Split Pea Soup

1/2 lb Goya split peas (dry)
    3 medium carrots, sliced
    1/2 white onion, chopped
    2 large cloves garlic, chopped
    1/4 cup olive oil
    2 bay leaves
    1 quart water (4 cups)
    pinch salt/pepper/spices to taste

Add all ingredients to slow cooker, cook for 4 hours ("stew" setting.) Shut off and let stand 1 hour to cool slightly. Remove bay leaves and blend until smooth.
    I have made that, for reference, you can use any dried beans black, pinto, navy..... Any! I use a smoked ham bone or bacon sometimes too. Keeping it in mind that beans and rice is a complete protein

RoadBikeReview Member
    I'm riding A LOT... I live right by the entrance to a large hilly park that is still open but closed to vehicular traffic.

Each ride is a gift and I realize many people are not in a position to listen to the waterfall, to birds chirping or the sound of their own labored breathing.

25/2.5k every time it gets above 60. Keeping it short, in the neighborhood and impactful.
    "That pretty much sums it up. I'm 43 and my max is ~178-180. If that HR chart was mine or Froome's, we'd be on the verge of death. But for you it probably looks like a normal workout." -TLG

LOLOLOL

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by 9W9W View Post
    I'm riding A LOT... I live right by the entrance to a large hilly park that is still open but closed to vehicular traffic.

Each ride is a gift and I realize many people are not in a position to listen to the waterfall, to birds chirping or the sound of their own labored breathing.
    Too many are listening to the sounds of labored breathing

Just saying

RoadBikeReview Member
    I've never been bored in my life and I'm still not. I have plenty of things to do around the house, plenty of chores, plenty of books I want to read, plenty of movies I'd like to watch, plenty of trails to ride and bike. And plenty of work to do.

In all honesty, if our young son wasn't home from school and if our babysitter could still come over, I'd be totally happy right now. I'm very good at entertaining myself. And LOVE the lack of motorists on the roads.

Eddy 53:11
    Been posting in GD. I don't know why . . . .
    Live vicariously through yourself.
    There are no physical laws that govern the will.
    I refuse to be afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I'm down with today.

We're no better than mice

A ruined economy

Ukariane has it tuff.
    Last edited by EverydayRide; 04-18-2020 at 04:16 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast