What are you doing with yourself
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    half-fast

What are you doing with yourself

Really.

Other than goofy youtubes and wigging out?

Day 11 I think...

I was in a snit this am, went fishing, still in a dark mood.

Saw 2 eagles fighting, picked up a cool piece of driftwood.

Went home, finished the shelf, it is up now.

Still in a funk, I started some sauce

Now it will be pizza night. Dough is resting, about time to cut it up. Fire is lit.

Home made montepulciano is poured.

Rocky is pestering for supper.

Its going to be ok.

How are you all doing?

Wash your damn hands.

RoadBikeReview Member
    sleeping in as late as possible, not really in a rush to get up and be bored.

make a big bfast, catch up on emails and take in a small dose of news...putz in the yard for a while, pull weeds, turn the compost pile, sweep the patio...

around mid-morning get out on the bike for ~3 hours. come home, take a shower, make lunch. do any chores (laundry, clean the aquarium, vacuum...)

around 4-ish, make a couple of cocktails and think about what's for dinner.

make food, then watch something on HBO or Netflix...

lather, rinse, repeat.
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

half-fast
    Yup, lots of yard work.

Ought to get my fat ass out on bike. Maybe tomorrow.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    PT
    Wahoo kickr
    Duolingo
    Cooking
    Chores
    Tuning all bikes
    Practicing guitar
    Furious masturbation

You?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Watching the "Goal Posts" move hourly.

Darling of The Lounge
    I just got back from a grocery run. I had better luck getting items on the list at the local Mexican supermercado than the gringo chain grocery.

Toilet paper is still the great unicorn in these parts. Fortunately, I was a hoarder of the stuff long before it became trendy.

I took a long decontamination shower and back into sweats.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Ride my bike, yard work, cook and working on a classic car restoration project.
    Gravel Rocks

Trek Domane
    Niner RLT9 (Gravel Bike)
    Niner RLT9 RDO
    BH G7 Disc
    Trek Crockett

"The Spirit of the Party "serves always to distract the public councils and enfeeble the public administration. It agitates the community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms, kindles the animosity of one part against another, foments occasionally riot and insurrection

half-fast
    When we lived in the hood we had a mercado. Some of the stuff was weird. Some was good.

She had a little carniceria (meat market) ing the back, with a taqueria too. Home made everything. Little piggy ladrillos.

I miss that.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 10ae1203 View Post
    Really.

Other than goofy youtubes and wigging out?

Day 11 I think...

I was in a snit this am, went fishing, still in a dark mood.

Saw 2 eagles fighting, picked up a cool piece of driftwood.

Went home, finished the shelf, it is up now.

Still in a funk, I started some sauce

Now it will be pizza night. Dough is resting, about time to cut it up. Fire is lit.

Home made montepulciano is poured.

Rocky is pestering for supper.

Its going to be ok.

How are you all doing?

Wash your damn hands.
    I am still able to work from home, although that may not last. I was able to get out for a ride today between Skype meetings. Spending more time playing my mandolin and guitar. I pulled my old Ibanez Les Paul copy out of the closet after 20 years right when COVID starting. Now I have more time to play it

half-fast
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
    I am still able to work from home, although that may not last. I was able to get out for a ride today between Skype meetings. Spending more time playing my mandolin and guitar. I pulled my old Ibanez Les Paul copy out of the closet after 20 years right when COVID starting. Now I have more time to play it
    I picked at the guitar yesterday, my nails are **** and so is my technique. But it was nice to make noise.

Master debator.
    Work has been really busy. Still biking and running after work now that it's lighter out longer. Even though we are encouraged to stay home, running/walking/biking is still encouraged with safe distances.
    "I felt bad because I couldn't wheelie; until I met a man with no bicycle"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
    Hey, I also have an Ibanez Les Paul copy (70's era "lawsuit" model)! One of the things I've been doing with my extra time at home is to install Linux Ubuntu Studio on an older PC that I have. Lots of fun audio tools like virtual Guitar amp, multi-track recording app, etc. Fun toys to play with!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Home improvement project that I've been putting off.

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    I get to work from home. Which surprisingly has been more productive than I imagined.
    I'm saving ~1hr of commuting every day. I Get to work in my pajamas.
    We have a daughter and grandkids staying with us so I get to see and play with them every day.
    Since I'm saving an hour of commuting, and flexible in my work, I can skip out earlier and get in longer rides in the evening.

Sadly I've only been affected in positive ways.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearDaddy View Post
    Hey, I also have an Ibanez Les Paul copy (70's era "lawsuit" model)! One of the things I've been doing with my extra time at home is to install Linux Ubuntu Studio on an older PC that I have. Lots of fun audio tools like virtual Guitar amp, multi-track recording app, etc. Fun toys to play with!
    I've got a '75 Ibanez "iceman" (actually called a 2663TC) that I dropped off at the guitar shop shortly before all this virus crap started. I hope I get it back after all this passes.

My day consists of let the dogs out, let the dogs in. Let the dogs out, let the dogs in. repeat. repeat. I'm working from home on the kitchen table, they seem to think it's pretty cool to see how many times a day they can go in/out.
    Joe Biden: a case study in plastic surgery disasters.

Liars often accuse you of lying. - Steve Maraboli

Frog Whisperer
    eat, clean, yard work, cook, clean......I do have over a 100 miles on the bike for the week... oh and laundry, riding at 40 degrees requires more clothes.

I have a '63 tele, re-issue (Mexican) , I should learn to play mow that I am retired and my fingers aren't bleeding
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GearDaddy View Post
    I bought the Les Paul ~1975 when I was a teen. Gave it up when I went to college. Played it a little bit until we had kids. It was sitting in the closet for maybe 25 years untouched. When I pulled it out everything was in working order and the neck still straight. I have a little Orange 12 amp and a Zoom multi effects pedals to play with

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2017
    I'm still working. We are deemed "essential" and allowed to continue with business. I am project manager on a few construction projects that are far enough along that we can't stop.

Our corporate office has been reacting to this situation by shooting everything from the hip it seems. Earlier in the week we were given directives that we are essential and should plan to continue while doing a screening process for contractors on site. Yesterday we were told we have to scramble plans for several scenarios in case we are shut down. So making plans for how to complete projects if we are shut down for x,y, or z weeks while still trying to actually complete the projects. About the time we finish that up it will be on to some other crisis planning. It's getting ridiculous.

Seat's not level
    I've been mostly working from home for 7 or 8 years. Now I don't have to go into the office once a week. So only a slight change in the working situation.

Wife is now working from home, had to set her up an office. She's adjusting

My routine is somewhat normal.

Work,
    Lunch time ride,
    Work,
    Chill, do chores or another ride.
    Cook dinner
    Watch TV
    Bed

I have a few projects to work on. Need to design a couple logos for a friend and make him t-shirts. Have some household projects that could be started....
    • This forum requires that you wait 2 days between posts. Please try again in 17 hours.

Opus was just napping
    Actually getting back to riding (burned out on running right now) and THANK YOU GOD Sony for releasing Nioh 2 when you did.
    In the time of battle you don't rise to the occasion you resort to the level of your conditioning...

Never Give Up!
    My routine:

Wake-up
    login in check emails
    Work from home
    Do chores
    Search on-line for food and home delivery schedules (which currently impossible)
    Talk with the wife (working from home)
    Talk with the kids (on-line classes)
    Surf the internet
    Check emails, do some work, conference calls
    Watch a movie on Amazon Prime
    Play with the dog
    Do some yard work,
    Discuss dinner plans - cook dinner
    Clean the kitchen
    Watch some TV
    Go to bed

repeat the next day.

Still too cold for me to start riding.
    "I refuse to be afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday & I love today!!"

"There are only two ways to establish competitive advantage: do things better than others or do them differently."

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there."

2010 Orbea Onix w/Ultegra R8000
    2009 SCOTT Speedster w/Ultegra 6800
    2007 IRONHORSE HT

RoadBikeReview Member
    Business as usual for me, except that the kiddos home.

Ride- 5:40 pedals are turning
    Shower
    Email
    Site Visits
    Lunch-- check kids schooling
    Paperwork
    Site work
    Cook dinner-- yell at kids for making huge messes.
    Read or TV
    Asleep by 10:15

Ricardo Cabeza
    Working on my 1969 Chevelle convertible. I started it in 2007. Iíve finally gotten to the point of assembly. This week I got the brakes and exhaust installed. I went with C5 front discs and 1998-2002 Camaro rear discs. I have the interior all recovered and ready to install. The only part of the car I will not have done myself is building the engine and the final buffing of the paint. Ill have it color sanded to 2000 grit but then Iím handing it over to a guy who is way better at making it shine than I can ever hope to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

RoadBikeReview Member
    The commute to work has been great, with the trains nearly empty now! Don't have to touch anything the entire time, because you can get all the seats you want.

But the weekend was wet and cold, so I baked a third Irish soda bread, and mended four pairs of jeans (poorly, already need to re-do the one I'm optimistically wearing.)

Today was the first attempt at working from home, and a simple task took nearly all day trying to juggle files around. Kinda sucked actually, tedious and frustrating without the second monitor and stuff already in place. But it's an adjustment. John and I have to work conference calls around each other.

We might be re-assigned to "volunteer" at hospitals if we don't have enough work to do, so it's probably not a bad idea to stretch things out a bit.....

coronavirus rush hour 3-24-2020.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Lurching from one anxiety crisis to another, mostly. Moving cash around in 7 figs to be able to survive on rice and beans for probably at least 6 months now with my small biz closed (the one that usually has 70k overhead per month, employs 11!). Big bills still rolling in there. Unsure about insurance and government handouts to help. Wife and I just got past 12 days of Covid symptoms now (still a cough) .. but will not know if that is what it was for months yet cause no testing allowed till you're near death. Weather has descended back into west coast winter, so definitely no riding, but plenty of rain and unseasonably cold. Dishwasher has been broken for 3 weeks now, and after 2 weeks waiting costco decided not to deliver the one I bought, so had to order one from Best Buy. Can't get to my vacation house in the US, nor sell it if we needed to for cash. Very wary we might see something worse than a deep recession set in, and not be able to retire in 10 years as planned. And on it goes. We might have seasonal weather by April 15 the forecast says, to get some riding in - but then there is the worry of a bicycle crash needing hospital, and all that means nowadays (though I have not crashed a road bike since 1994, and really 1979 on my own).

still countless tasks ass'd with the business trying to reign in biz expenses, make changes, keep in touch with patients, Fing around with government confusion etc.

But I have pretty much perfected neopolitan pizza and cheesecake from scratch - costs less than a dollar for a delicious pizza meal for 2. Albeit there is a lot of hand washing of dishes which sucks. I kind of enjoy the frugality exercise, and we have tons of toys to occupy ourselves, but everything else SUCKS. Upside is my wife has emerged from her anxious silent treatment fury, and we're getting along OK .. helped by the tasty fresh meals.

Sorry for the rant. thanks for listening (or pretending to, its fine too). I am not an anxious nor depressed person but that is what has been happening in my head lately - both of those, off and on.
    Last edited by BCSaltchucker; 03-30-2020 at 09:59 PM.
    Faith is pretending to know things you don't know

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast