What's decaying in your office?
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    463

    What's decaying in your office?

    I work in NYC, so perhaps the situation for me was atypical, but I left my office on Friday 3/6 and expected to return on Monday 3/9. But then... we were told over that weekend to work from home, and that remains the case today.

    In my office I had 1 banana, 2 Cliff bars, and one bag of potato chips. The banana was out on my desk, the rest was stashed in one of my desk drawers. I'm hoping the banana has been disposed of. The other stuff... is probably decaying.

    Anyone else?

  2. #2
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    661
    LOL! Oh man... start planning your fruit fly trap right now 'cause you're going to need it.

  3. #3
    Banned forever.....or not
    Reputation: MR_GRUMPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    24,218
    You could have forgotten about that fish you had locked in your desk drawer.
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    .
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

    I>U

    Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

    If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

    If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

  4. #4
    Darling of The Lounge
    Reputation: Retro Grouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    4,571
    I think our office gimp is still locked in the supply closet.


  5. #5
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Akirasho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Grouch View Post
    I think our office gimp is still locked in the supply closet.



    no offence!

  6. #6
    Never Give Up!
    Reputation: ROAD&DIRT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,161
    No need to worry about the food left behind, the NYC Mice have all invaded the empty offices throughout the City and now taken up residency



    Lewie... lets get out here, I found the mother load!
    Last edited by ROAD&DIRT; 04-17-2020 at 08:04 AM.
    "I refuse to be afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday & I love today!!"

    "There are only two ways to establish competitive advantage: do things better than others or do them differently."

    "Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there."

    2010 Orbea Onix w/Ultegra R8000
    2009 SCOTT Speedster w/Ultegra 6800
    2007 IRONHORSE HT

  7. #7
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Akirasho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,840
    Quote Originally Posted by ROAD&DIRT View Post
    No need to worry about the food left behind, the NYC Mice have all invaded the empty offices throughout the City and now taken up residency



    Lewie... lets get out here, I found the mother load!
    FAKE NEWS! Mice were run out of NYC in the 40's (1840's) and King Rat rules today.




  8. #8
    Never Give Up!
    Reputation: ROAD&DIRT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Akirasho View Post
    FAKE NEWS! Mice were run out of NYC in the 40's (1840's) and King Rat rules today.



    And here is there KING Rat after night out on the town...

    "I refuse to be afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday & I love today!!"

    "There are only two ways to establish competitive advantage: do things better than others or do them differently."

    "Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there."

    2010 Orbea Onix w/Ultegra R8000
    2009 SCOTT Speedster w/Ultegra 6800
    2007 IRONHORSE HT

  9. #9
    wots...uh the deal?
    Reputation: mmoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,168
    Bananas are not too bad. It could be much worse.

    We used to have real offices with real walls etc. Two people per. Someone popped off a part of the desk and hid a banana in an internal cavity, popped that desk part back on and went on vacation for 3 weeks. It was enough to notice and look for (and not find) but not so bad to evacuate!

    No, I was not the present giver or receiver...

  10. #10
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Akirasho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,840
    ______

  11. #11
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Christine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    15,588
    Somebody's watering the plants, luckily. All I got at the desk are some pumpkin seeds. Miss them, the store hasn't had them the last few times I checked.

  12. #12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: ogre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoose View Post
    Bananas are not too bad. It could be much worse.

    We used to have real offices with real walls etc. Two people per. Someone popped off a part of the desk and hid a banana in an internal cavity, popped that desk part back on and went on vacation for 3 weeks. It was enough to notice and look for (and not find) but not so bad to evacuate!

    No, I was not the present giver or receiver...
    Several years ago we had a co-worker (worker, not irker, we all got along) bring in some horrendous hard boiled eggs which must have been boiled in soy sauce. She was the only one who ate one. I made one disappear to make her feel good.

    Remember those phones that had a base that you could put on one way if you kept your phone on your desk and you flipped it around if you mounted the phone on the wall? I put one of those eggs in there for the girl that sat opposite of me. Left it in there for over a year. That thing shriveled up to almost nothing but never emitted an odor! Such a disappointment. And an anti-climactic story....

  13. #13
    Proud luddite
    Reputation: azpeterb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    7,094
    Quote Originally Posted by ogre View Post
    Several years ago we had a co-worker (worker, not irker, we all got along) bring in some horrendous hard boiled eggs which must have been boiled in soy sauce. She was the only one who ate one. I made one disappear to make her feel good.

    Remember those phones that had a base that you could put on one way if you kept your phone on your desk and you flipped it around if you mounted the phone on the wall? I put one of those eggs in there for the girl that sat opposite of me. Left it in there for over a year. That thing shriveled up to almost nothing but never emitted an odor! Such a disappointment. And an anti-climactic story....
    You should find that egg, eat it, and see what happens. Címon Iíll give you a dollar!!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-01-2013, 07:28 AM
  2. Office Christmas Parties.... your stories.
    By funknuggets in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-18-2005, 12:33 AM
  3. What's In YOUR Office?
    By fbagatelleblack in forum Commuting, Touring and Ride Reports
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-02-2005, 08:21 AM
  4. Check out the "emergency" suit in your office
    By MarkS in forum General Cycling Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-16-2004, 11:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.