What's the most trivial thing that kept you
    hold my beer n watch this

What's the most trivial thing that kept you

at work? This should have been about an hour flight. Then home for soccer and baseball games. Maybe even a short ride for me, but nooo...

Contract co-irker spilled about 4oz of coffee in the floor at 9am this morning. I see it dripping out as I walk up to the plane. Safety says the floor has to come up and it needs to be mopped up. Here we are still waiting and don't expect to go until 4pm or later.

What a waste of a beautiful day.

I hope your is going much better.
    Flyn G
    So no matter who you are, what you look like, or how far you think you are from your goal kit up and get started. Your friends are out there, waiting for you.

Trying to return....
    Jun 2005
    Sitting waiting on my relief to arrive so I can drive to the airport and go home for a few days.....dude is 2 hours late and not answering his phone!

Must be something special for those of us flying home today going on!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2005

Waiting for Formation

There have been several reason that I have stayed at work for trivial stuff. The worst one is when all of the chain of command is in a meeting with each other about something that will happen 7 weeks from now. It is 2000 and we are waiting to be off for the day. They come out and have nothing to put out to anyone. Just kept the soldiers becuase they didn't want them off earlier than that. The Army can be stupid like that sometimes.
    I'm flexible like a 24-year-old yoga instructor. - Fredke

kytyree
    Quote Originally Posted by lnchrdawg
    There have been several reason that I have stayed at work for trivial stuff. The worst one is when all of the chain of command is in a meeting with each other about something that will happen 7 weeks from now. It is 2000 and we are waiting to be off for the day. They come out and have nothing to put out to anyone. Just kept the soldiers becuase they didn't want them off earlier than that. The Army can be stupid like that sometimes.

On my way home from Iraq we had been waiting 3 hours to get our bags off a C-5, when I went to ask why it was taking so long they said the doors weren't working referring to the big ones on either end of the plane. No one could explain to me why they hadn't just tossed the seabags out the man sized door on the side of the plane, which we did and then we went home.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kytyree
    On my way home from Iraq we had been waiting 3 hours to get our bags off a C-5, when I went to ask why it was taking so long they said the doors weren't working referring to the big ones on either end of the plane. No one could explain to me why they hadn't just tossed the seabags out the man sized door on the side of the plane, which we did and then we went home.

because there are 3 ways of doing things. the right way, the wrong way and the armys way.

your text here
    Not plane related, but I was at work 4 hours late because something HAD to go out to field and we were waiting on the person in charge to "make the call."
    he decided to wait another week.

Was also on the sidelines of a meeting gone bad for 3 hours once. Project was 16 months late. Why agrue now?
    Why not?
    I don't normally "do people." - Dr. Roebuck

Scary Teddy Bear

Ha

There's so many various trivial things that it is difficult to pinpoint just one. Needless to say, staying at work seems to happen frequently.

The most trivial thing.....

Probably having to wait to talk to the service about a patient that I have admitted to them. Now, mind you, the note is done, transcribed, and describes the entire clinical situation, and all the lab results and images are available on the computer. They can't refuse the admission at our institution, not without real, substantial reasons.

Yet, I sometimes wait one to one and a half hours to talk to a service about a patient that I have already admitted....
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." John Stuart Mill, 1866

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
    http://physasst.blogspot.com/

Honey Smack!
    Was when I was working for Disney, I had taken one of our rescue boats to the dry dock to get worked on, And about 250 yards from the opening to dry dock, my boat's engine warning went off, and started pouring smoke, so now both of the boats were down. Mine and the one I was towing down the service canal. I wound up hoping out, swimming a rope to shore and pulling in the first one, tying it off, and pulling in the second one, and tying it off. And since there was no path of any sort in the underbrush/swamp on both sides I just swam down the canal. The drydock techs had both gone home for the evening by the time I got there, and since I had to swim, I left my radio on my boat instead of keeping it with me. So now I am stranded at this place, with no way back.

I was finally able to get one of the 5hp 2 person water sprites they had been working on, into the water and drove it back to my marina at about 4 miles an hour. Was about 2 hrs after I was supposed to be gone for the day, before I finally got back.
    I know we just met and this is crazy....

It's all ball bearings
    Quote Originally Posted by FlynG
    at work? This should have been about an hour flight. Then home for soccer and baseball games. Maybe even a short ride for me, but nooo...

Contract co-irker spilled about 4oz of coffee in the floor at 9am this morning. I see it dripping out as I walk up to the plane. Safety says the floor has to come up and it needs to be mopped up. Here we are still waiting and don't expect to go until 4pm or later.

What a waste of a beautiful day.

I hope your is going much better.
    Flyn G
    Lol.

Not work related, but airplane time-wasting related: prior to flying back from France back in Aug, there were metal bits detected in the oil filter of #1, and there were no replacement filters available at Nice-Cote d'Azur airport, so a filter had to be flown in from Paris. Few hours later of waiting, the fitler arrives from Paris and although the box and label are correct, inside is THE WRONG FRIGGN FILTER. Had to wait til the next day to get the correct filter from Paris, etc, etc. An entire day wasted at the airport when I could have been on the beach ogling oiled up topless wimmins.

still shedding season
    Quote Originally Posted by BenWA
    at Nice-Cote d'Azur airport
    Pretty surprising it's the second busiest in the country - it's not very big... Sorry you missed out on the (ahem...) sight seeing.

I remember staying until 5:06 to finish a letter one time. That's about it.

hold my beer n watch this
    It got even better!

At 4:30 we are taxiing out and I turned on transponder #1, FAIL message. So I tried transponder #2, Fail message. About then the #1 brake system throws a message about a bad switch on the left side. Turn around and taxi back, totally wasted day.

Flyn G
    So no matter who you are, what you look like, or how far you think you are from your goal kit up and get started. Your friends are out there, waiting for you.

Seat's not level
    I drove 2 hours in a snowstorm just to get to work and told to go home. 3 hours on the return trip. 5 hours, no work.

I made it 32 miles to the office in a Honda Civic, but the bosses in their fancy 4x4's couldn't make it a few miles... on the same roads.
    • This forum requires that you wait 2 days between posts. Please try again in 17 hours.