WMD Red Meat

Thread: WMD Red Meat

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2003

WMD Red Meat

How about some WMD red meat? Libbys, begin the character/source attacks now!

Chem Bomb Plot Flashback: Kay Warned Iraq's WMDs in Syria

Just two months before al Qaeda terrorists were caught by Jordanian police transporting chemical bombs across the Jordanian-Syrian border, U.S. weapons inspector David Kay identified Syria as a likely hiding place for Iraq's weapons of mass destruction.

"We know from some of the interrogations of former Iraqi officials that a lot of material went to Syria before the war, including some components of Saddam's WMD programs," Kay told the London Telegraph.

On Saturday, Jordanian officials revealed that the vehicles used by al Qaeda plotters to transport 17.5 tons of explosives into Jordan also contained chemical weapons and poison gas. Targets were said to include the headquarters of Jordan's security service and the U.S. embassy in Amman.

Had the plot succeeded, the death toll could have reached 20,000, the officials said.

Three weeks before Kay's comments to the London paper, the Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf published a report from Syrian journalist Nizar Nayuf claiming that the transfer of Iraqi WMD to Syria was organized by commanders of Saddam Hussein's Special Republican Guard.

The report included a letter to Nayuf from an Iraqi source detailing the WMD transfers.

The Iraqi source claimed:

"We received confirmations that the Iraqi weapons, which were moved to Syria by the help of General Zoul-Himla Chalich are now hidden in three places inside Syria:

"First place: a tunnel dug in the mountain close to the Al-Ba´dah village, which is roughly two kilometers from Misyaf village. This place is under the 489 Safety cipher Documents' office control .

"Second place: the factory of the Air Armed Forces in the village of Tal Sinan, between the town of Hama and Salamiyyah. This factory is under the Air Force control.

"Third place: the location of Shinsar, 40 kilometers south of Homs, two kilometers east of the Homs - Damascus road.

"There are underground tunnels there, controlled by Brigade 661 of the armed air Forces. It is a Brigade of air Patrol. The tunnels are several tens of meters deep. The weapons were transported in large wooden cases and barrels, under the supervision of the General Zoul-Himla Chalich and the son of his brother Assef, who works at Al-Bachaer company.

"The company is owned by the Assad family and has offices in Beirut, Damascus and Baghdad. This company also undertook the illegal Iraqi oil importation in Syria, and supplied weapons to Saddam."

In an interview last week, Jordan's King Abdullah said the al Qaeda chem bomb plot would have been devastating had it succeeded.

"It was a major, major operation. It would have decapitated the government," he told the San Francisco Chronicle. "Casualties would have been in the thousands. It couldn't have been more sinister."

Abdullah said, however, that he was "completely confident" that Syrian president Bashir Assad knew nothing about the WMD bomb plot. Syria has denied hiding Iraq's WMDs.

The Jordanian king is in the U.S. on a previously scheduled trip to help restart the Mideast peace process, but the al Qaeda WMD plot will likely be topic number one when Abdullah meets with President Bush in Washington on Wednesday.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...9/134423.shtml

and here are 2 more if you arent out of attacks yet.
    http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...7/141224.shtml
    http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...7/112546.shtml

banned
    See Bill? They really don't care about WMD. That is why no one has chosen to respond to this. I am sure they would just brush it off as some unsubstantiated report or some Johnny Come Lately story. This isn't really news anyway. We knew that Saddam had 18 wheelers carting stuff across the border into Syria a long time ago. I don't know why the admin. hasn't made that more clear to the public.

I don't fear carbs
    Quote Originally Posted by Live Steam
    See Bill? They really don't care about WMD. That is why no one has chosen to respond to this. I am sure they would just brush it off as some unsubstantiated report or some Johnny Come Lately story. This isn't really news anyway. We knew that Saddam had 18 wheelers carting stuff across the border into Syria a long time ago. I don't know why the admin. hasn't made that more clear to the public.

No...we really don't care to read some biased account from Bill's or your Inbox. I have Google. I can find articles on my own.
    Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004

you need to get it through your thick skull

Quote Originally Posted by bill105
    How about some WMD red meat? Libbys, begin the character/source attacks now!

Chem Bomb Plot Flashback: Kay Warned Iraq's WMDs in Syria

Just two months before al Qaeda terrorists were caught by Jordanian police transporting chemical bombs across the Jordanian-Syrian border, U.S. weapons inspector David Kay identified Syria as a likely hiding place for Iraq's weapons of mass destruction.

"We know from some of the interrogations of former Iraqi officials that a lot of material went to Syria before the war, including some components of Saddam's WMD programs," Kay told the London Telegraph.

On Saturday, Jordanian officials revealed that the vehicles used by al Qaeda plotters to transport 17.5 tons of explosives into Jordan also contained chemical weapons and poison gas. Targets were said to include the headquarters of Jordan's security service and the U.S. embassy in Amman.

Had the plot succeeded, the death toll could have reached 20,000, the officials said.

Three weeks before Kay's comments to the London paper, the Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf published a report from Syrian journalist Nizar Nayuf claiming that the transfer of Iraqi WMD to Syria was organized by commanders of Saddam Hussein's Special Republican Guard.

The report included a letter to Nayuf from an Iraqi source detailing the WMD transfers.

The Iraqi source claimed:

"We received confirmations that the Iraqi weapons, which were moved to Syria by the help of General Zoul-Himla Chalich are now hidden in three places inside Syria:

"First place: a tunnel dug in the mountain close to the Al-Ba´dah village, which is roughly two kilometers from Misyaf village. This place is under the 489 Safety cipher Documents' office control .

"Second place: the factory of the Air Armed Forces in the village of Tal Sinan, between the town of Hama and Salamiyyah. This factory is under the Air Force control.

"Third place: the location of Shinsar, 40 kilometers south of Homs, two kilometers east of the Homs - Damascus road.

"There are underground tunnels there, controlled by Brigade 661 of the armed air Forces. It is a Brigade of air Patrol. The tunnels are several tens of meters deep. The weapons were transported in large wooden cases and barrels, under the supervision of the General Zoul-Himla Chalich and the son of his brother Assef, who works at Al-Bachaer company.

"The company is owned by the Assad family and has offices in Beirut, Damascus and Baghdad. This company also undertook the illegal Iraqi oil importation in Syria, and supplied weapons to Saddam."

In an interview last week, Jordan's King Abdullah said the al Qaeda chem bomb plot would have been devastating had it succeeded.

"It was a major, major operation. It would have decapitated the government," he told the San Francisco Chronicle. "Casualties would have been in the thousands. It couldn't have been more sinister."

Abdullah said, however, that he was "completely confident" that Syrian president Bashir Assad knew nothing about the WMD bomb plot. Syria has denied hiding Iraq's WMDs.

The Jordanian king is in the U.S. on a previously scheduled trip to help restart the Mideast peace process, but the al Qaeda WMD plot will likely be topic number one when Abdullah meets with President Bush in Washington on Wednesday.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...9/134423.shtml

and here are 2 more if you arent out of attacks yet.
    http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...7/141224.shtml
    http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...7/112546.shtml
    NEWSMAX IS NOT A SOURCE!

if any of these "facts" were indeed facts they'd be plastered all over every media outlet going

banned

Now you can see with your own eyes ....

evidence of media bias. You are correct. This should have been big news everywhere, but it was buried. It isn't in the interests of those that hate Bush, to make this information clear to everyone that Saddam had WMD and transferred them to others possibly even before the inspectors had a chance to do their searching. Why don't you get that through your thick head?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2...n-terror_x.htm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/3635381.stm

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004

there's nothing there

evidence of media bias. You are correct. This should have been big news everywhere, but it was buried. It isn't in the interests of those that hate Bush, to make this information clear to everyone that Saddam had WMD and transferred them to others possibly even before the inspectors had a chance to do their searching. Why don't you get that through your thick head?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2...n-terror_x.htm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/3635381.stm
    that links WMD's to SH - only to Al Qaeda - they are not related in any way - just ask the CIA

no one questions Al Qaeda is a threat that should be effectively dealt with - shame Bush didn't understand that and invaded Iraq

banned
    What? Please speak in intelligible sentences. What does "that links WMD's to SH - only to Al Queda" mean? What aren't related? Ask the CIA? Do you have a phone number for me to call?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004

read the subject line too

What? Please speak in intelligible sentences. What does "that links WMD's to SH - only to Al Queda" mean? What aren't related? Ask the CIA? Do you have a phone number for me to call?

there's nothing there that links WMD's to SH - only to Al Qaeda = your article doesn't support the conclusions you assert it does

Al Qaeda and Iraq / SH are not synonymous

you could look at their reports which have been well publicised

banned
    I know simple minds need simple explanations. So here goes - there are intelligence reports that state there were 18 wheel semis that crossed into Syria prior to the invasion. It has been surmised that these trucks were carrying WMD from Iraq into Syria. Now it is reported that those same WMD may have been used in the plot in Jordan. I know the circle isn't fully closed linking SH, AQ and WMD, but I don't think it's that difficult to draw such a conclusion that SH was willing to "share", "hide", what ever, the WMD with at least the Syrians and maybe even AQ. It may be that these WMD never even made it to Syrian hands, but were instead transferred into the hands of AQ directly. Does any of the particular details really make that much of a difference? We know that WMD do exist based on these news stories.

Man,first it wasn't enough for your type to understand that SH desired and coveted WMD, you wanted proof of WMD. Now that there may be proof of WMD, you say "Well there's no connection to AQ". If we all were expected to live by your standards of proof, it would be too late to prevent the damage these weapons could inflict on the rest of us. I say it's better to error on the side of caution and take out the threat or the threat that certain people like SH wanted to project.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004

that's crap

I know simple minds need simple explanations. So here goes - there are intelligence reports that state there were 18 wheel semis that crossed into Syria prior to the invasion. It has been surmised that these trucks were carrying WMD from Iraq into Syria. Now it is reported that those same WMD may have been used in the plot in Jordan. I know the circle isn't fully closed linking SH, AQ and WMD, but I don't think it's that difficult to draw such a conclusion that SH was willing to "share", "hide", what ever, the WMD with at least the Syrians and maybe even AQ. It may be that these WMD never even made it to Syrian hands, but were instead transferred into the hands of AQ directly. Does any of the particular details really make that much of a difference? We know that WMD do exist based on these news stories.

Man,first it wasn't enough for your type to understand that SH desired and coveted WMD, you wanted proof of WMD. Now that there may be proof of WMD, you say "Well there's no connection to AQ". If we all were expected to live by your standards of proof, it would be too late to prevent the damage these weapons could inflict on the rest of us. I say it's better to error on the side of caution and take out the threat or the threat that certain people like SH wanted to project.

erring on the side of caution would surely not involve invading a country in spurious grounds

perhaps you should head out and pick up Woodward's book for some remedial reading on the subject

does Al Qaeda have WMD's? I don't know those article don't prove anything

it is very clear that everyone was misled by Bush re WMD's - there are no moving goal posts of evidence - Bush said SH has WMD's - it is clear he never did - it is clear that "intelligence" was intentionally manipulated to steer towards an invasion - it is clear that after 9/11 Bush began planning to invade Iraq by whatever means necessary - it is plainly not reasonable to link unrelated unsourced WMD's assertions one year on...

following the erroneous WMD's argument the US is now in a total Iraqi clusterfuk with an ever increasing toll of dead and injured and no realistic exit strategy

all by a president who cant even read his daily PB's

Banned forever.....or not

Wink It was really the UN. that did it.

"It has been surmised that these trucks were carrying WMD from Iraq into Syria."

I think that it was really the UN and their "Black Helicoptors" that did it........and and.........They had help from Bill Clinton and Hillary..........and and ...........it was all Satan's work.............and and ..............THAT'S THE TICKET.........
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004

I guess it's difficult for some people

Quote Originally Posted by MR_GRUMPY
    "It has been surmised that these trucks were carrying WMD from Iraq into Syria."

I think that it was really the UN and their "Black Helicoptors" that did it........and and.........They had help from Bill Clinton and Hillary..........and and ...........it was all Satan's work.............and and ..............THAT'S THE TICKET.........
    to critically interpret media reports and distinguish between assertions, claims, evidence, spin, fact and ludicrous conspiracy theories - it's pretty clear which one this is and why it's not being reported as a credible WMD story