World's G R E A T E S T Diet E V A H!!!!!!
    RoadBikeReview Member

World's G R E A T E S T Diet E V A H!!!!!!

… about 4 weeks ago, I seared off my "sweet" taste buds.

You don't need to be obsessed with sweets to feel the wrath of the loss of some of your buds when it comes to how your brain interprets flavor profiles.

It didn't happen immediately, but over a few days, everything (including water) tasted off (mostly bitter). This killed the appetite as a juicy burger, piece of chicken or even an orange became NASTY. I'd choke down a bit just to keep something in the tank, but I'm guessing I've been catabolizing fat (and a bit o muscle).

OK, maybe not the best diet, but my buds are slow to heal. today, a Navel orange tasted like wax and bottled water tasted like someone put something bitter in it (city tap actually tastes better because of chlorine).

If I'm lucky, I'll be back in another couple weeks which should give me time to fatten up for the holidays.

δanned
    Ghurarmu shirkush’ agh azgushu. Zant ya apakurizak. Gűl-n’ anakhizak.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Akirasho View Post
    … about 4 weeks ago, I seared off my "sweet" taste buds.

You don't need to be obsessed with sweets to feel the wrath of the loss of some of your buds when it comes to how your brain interprets flavor profiles.

It didn't happen immediately, but over a few days, everything (including water) tasted off (mostly bitter). This killed the appetite as a juicy burger, piece of chicken or even an orange became NASTY. I'd choke down a bit just to keep something in the tank, but I'm guessing I've been catabolizing fat (and a bit o muscle).

OK, maybe not the best diet, but my buds are slow to heal. today, a Navel orange tasted like wax and bottled water tasted like someone put something bitter in it (city tap actually tastes better because of chlorine).

If I'm lucky, I'll be back in another couple weeks which should give me time to fatten up for the holidays.
    Sorry... you doing Chemo?
    To date, philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various ways. The point however is to change it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PBL450 View Post
    Sorry... you doing Chemo?
    Fortunately & thankfully no, but I have an acute appreciation for those suffering from the same due to illness, treatments or injury. A palate is cultivated over a lifetime and such a dramatic change is a challenge.